so are we nerds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not a nerd. Ha the first time I built my MC suit everyone that knew about it thought I was a dork. But then when I finished it everyone said it was really cool.
Now Im building Noble 6 and my girlfriend (who ive been dating for 9 months) is helping me build. I usually just print off some pepakura on cardstock adn send her home with it and she gives me the model the next time I see her. HA lately some of our dates have just been resining or bondoing armor. In fact, right now she is texting me about what color do I want my UNSC logo on my chest plate as she is out buying some paint. (Shes an incredible artist)

okay lets get this clear.
we are no nerds
we are creative people who can afort this and make this armor
alot of people in holland are saying that i'm stupid to make this bud the result o it is amzing than they are saying: WoW that realy cool.
than they asking were do i get the plans to make this than i advice this website.
so all the this we are no nerd's people whos saying this that you not in that game are jelus
Greets Johan

i know right!, now i ain't making them anything, scrue them (i think that is how you spell it :p)

it gets your point across :p all that armor has got to make out to be a very hot suit to wear down there in San Diego huh? Ohio is much colder, good for wearing armor

Here's a tip:

I've found the most common response to our "nerdy" projects/hobbies is: "You've got way too much time on your hands."

To respond to these people, just say:

"Yeah... I do. Lucky me."

You can add to it too:

"Yeah... I do. Lucky me. It must suck not to have much time."

"It's called freedom. Must suck not to have any."

Then you can add:

"Why do you hate freedom?"
-it's a stretch but if you're cavalier about it, you can pull it off.

OR

Ask them what they do in their spare time, then before they finish, interrupt them with any of these:
"Lame"
"Boooring"
"That sounds really interesting, but I gotta go. You have fun with that."

If they say something pertaining to hanging out with girls or getting laid just say:
"Your mom is all I need right now."
If you're in high-school, duck the incoming punch.
Then say:
"Whoa dude, she called me."

-I can keep going, but I digress. If this helps out just one of you, I've done my job. :)

Iam a total nerd/geek. I'm 29 and married, married to a nerd/geek as well. Its funny that people will label certain individuals as nerds,geeks but then, especially at a comic con or what have you, the guy whos fully decked out in halo armor or anything else is a mega star. So when someone tells me Iam a nerd/greek I just respond yep..and?

One thing I found while growing up is, dont listen to anyone but yourself and be happy for who you are. People tend to get jealous of others and label them to make themselves feel better.

Nerd/Geek ALL THE WAY!

nice to me a fellow 29 year old! ;)
my wife thinks its a bit dorky but she also says 'i couldnt put that much effort into that. I couldnt do what you did.'
so there is a respect factor at least. most people i think believe its paper mache and elmers glue. :)

I fully agree with NobleEight, regarding being at a costumed event; those who would normally call you a nerd is standing in line to get a picture with you. So, who is the nerd now? The guy in the cool sci-fi costume or the guy standing in line to take a picture with him? I have been in costuming since 2006 and it used to bother me in the beginning but not anymore. It is a fun thing to do and most of the time, the events that I attend helps out with the community. Very good discussions BTW!

believe me, noones opinion of it all nor do i lose any sleep over their opinions. Just thought the whole thing is funny.

I'm hardly a "nerd"

Fanboy maybe but thats for a different topic. . .

I've got a black belt in Tae Kwon Doe and am licensed to teach worldwide.

I play paintball

am athletic

To argue that I was a nerd you might say I have an A average or play video games so much and know so much about them, and actually enjoy reading

but then I would whoop your butt and put you into place :p (if neccessary)
People will think what they want but it makes no difference to me

to quote whomever said this first

"Haters gonna hate"

XD

THIS is a nerd
nerd.jpg

nerd.jpg

it gets your point across :p all that armor has got to make out to be a very hot suit to wear down there in San Diego huh? Ohio is much colder, good for wearing armor

yah it is cool for us, we have comic con here like 10 minutes away from my house, but it has been raining so much the past 4 weeks here and it is going to rain again, at least you get to wear your armor alto because it is cold which also sucks for you :p

Here's a tip:

I've found the most common response to our "nerdy" projects/hobbies is: "You've got way too much time on your hands."

To respond to these people, just say:

"Yeah... I do. Lucky me."

You can add to it too:

"Yeah... I do. Lucky me. It must suck not to have much time."

"It's called freedom. Must suck not to have any."

Then you can add:

"Why do you hate freedom?"
-it's a stretch but if you're cavalier about it, you can pull it off.

OR

Ask them what they do in their spare time, then before they finish, interrupt them with any of these:
"Lame"
"Boooring"
"That sounds really interesting, but I gotta go. You have fun with that."

If they say something pertaining to hanging out with girls or getting laid just say:
"Your mom is all I need right now."
If you're in high-school, duck the incoming punch.
Then say:
"Whoa dude, she called me."

-I can keep going, but I digress. If this helps out just one of you, I've done my job. :)

Hahahaha, thats awesome! Gotta use some of these, when some "cool" guy bothers with telling me,I've got too much time :D thaks alot :)

i ensure people know i'm a nerd and pretty darn proud of it lol, but so far no one i know has cared, prolly cuz everyone i know falls in the same category as i do lol

yah it is cool for us, we have comic con here like 10 minutes away from my house, but it has been raining so much the past 4 weeks here and it is going to rain again, at least you get to wear your armor alto because it is cold which also sucks for you :p

aye it does in the sense that i wont be able to resin my armor until maybe spring, but i really like the snow and its good for filming cuz we have a good balance of urbanization and nature :)

I showed my projects the other day at school on a few pictures (via tha intarwebz..., Thx 405th for making it possible)...
and almost everyone was like: "whoa!, great work!, keep up the good work!". Even my teachers responded in that fashion.
When I was wearing my Halo: Legends shirt my Ludology teacher said he liked it :)...

but that's probably because I'm on a Nerd-school... Game Design... :D

meh i dont really consider myself a nerd, im in boyscouts and sea scouts which i really enjoy and might get a job having to do with nautical stuff, i dont really have a whole lot of close friends or friends in general but then again i dont need a whole lot. i play video games when i can and i read like crazy, literally i go through 3 books a week, a nerd? nope, even though i havent made my first halo armor or something yet i still enjoy working with my hands. just get out and be yourself, enjoy what you do and dont care about what others think of you. all i need :)

Usually, I get lots of "Oh, cool, that's awesome!" When I show my HAYABUSA, some people think it's awesome, but lots of people don't realize it's a Halo helmet. Sometimes, people even think it's a Power Rangers helmet. But everyone recognizes my Iron Man helmet, and everyone thinks it's awesome...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back