Some Suggestions Plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

halodude164

Jr Member
so i just finished pepping the chest and back. i want to make it two pieces to help when i put it on. what i was wondering is if i shoutld make it 2 pieces now (while it's just pepped) or if i should resin it first, then cut. my goal is to have all the pieces pepped first, then resin everythin, then so on and so forth

The way I did it when I made my mk5 chest piece is I combined both pieces together, resined it, added fiberglass material inside, then put bondo on. Then I seperated the pieces. I did that in order for me to assure myself that the chest piece would maintain it's natural shape and not get changed slightly so the parts where the chest connects to the back would meet correctly.

cool, that makes sence to me. what should i use to cut the fiberglass? cuz i think a dremel would leave too big of a gap. unless u use a really really Vbit with it. idk

halodude164 said:
cool, that makes sence to me. what should i use to cut the fiberglass? cuz i think a dremel would leave too big of a gap. unless u use a really really Vbit with it. idk

I used the dremel tool with mine and i used the cutting disc tool on it and the disk was about 1 inch in diameter and it's colored brown. Just giving the discription of it that closely cause I'm not sure what all is out there for dremel tools. But I used the dremel tool to detail and cut my pieces even when it was bondo'd

Last edited by a moderator:
i really need to get a dremel then....... well my girls walmart opens soon, it'll get one from her. thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back