Somedude's HD MKVI Armor Build -- WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
OKAY! Its about high time for an update. So I decided to move onto the forearms and do the helmet later. Heres what I got done today. The left one will be tomorrow as well as the shoulder pieces. I ended up using 5-15 second setting cyanoacrylate glue. Its AMAZING. I used scissors to cut out the main pieces and an xacto to cut out details. I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

284.jpg
286.jpg
287.jpg
288.jpg
289.jpg

wow that is really clean
yeah don't fell down about the helmet, it still turned out really good and it took me 3 tries to make my pilot helmet
maybe you could sell the helmet for a display or something and in my opinion, the helmet is my favorite part to do of the whole thing
good luck on the build =D

Lookin good :)
Very clean

Thanks! There's a tiny bit of overlap on a few parts, but I'm also OCD. Nothing that cant be fixed with some bondo. ;)

wow that is really clean
yeah don't fell down about the helmet, it still turned out really good and it took me 3 tries to make my pilot helmet
maybe you could sell the helmet for a display or something and in my opinion, the helmet is my favorite part to do of the whole thing
good luck on the build =D

Yeah, I figured that I wouldnt feel right telling people that I built the suit unless I build ALL of it myself. Helmet included. So, I'm just busting out the other pieces now. Thanks for all the encouragement. :) I figured out some stuff that will make the second build of the helmet faster, and more accurate. So, I am actually kind of looking forward to it now. :)

I agree with you. start from the bottom up or wherever. that way the most important detail, the helmet will have the most focused work and you will have more experience working on it(but in the end, it's all on preference). Everything is looking good so far!

I agree with you. start from the bottom up or wherever. that way the most important detail, the helmet will have the most focused work and you will have more experience working on it(but in the end, it's all on preference). Everything is looking good so far!

Yeah, thats what I was thinking too. And thanks! I appreciate it. The comments really do help keep me motivated. :)

Okay! Time for another update. Got started a little late today, but thats okay. I finished the left forearm, and since the shins are super simple, I may try to bust those out tonight. Then it would be shoulders tomorrow, and chest on tuesday-wednesday. Anyway! Pictures!
292.jpg
294.jpg
295.jpg
296.jpg
298.jpg

As far as the holes, my brother works in the BYU machining lab, so I'm having him machine some recessed aluminum plates that will go in there, then I will spray the aluminum with chroming spray, then mount LEDs in them and lay frosted plexiglass over the top.

Hey dude! Very nice progress. I am sorry for you having troubles on the helmet especially the scaling. I also think it would be better to insert the supports provided within the .pdo-file of the helmet. As far as I see it seems you are also using flyingsquirrel's HD-helmet. Looking forward to seeing more!

damn, I wish I would have read this last week. I would have saved myself 10 hours. Just finished my helmet and yep to big, but at least I know what size to use this time, thanks guys.

Okay! Time for another update. Got started a little late today, but thats okay. I finished the left forearm, and since the shins are super simple, I may try to bust those out tonight. Then it would be shoulders tomorrow, and chest on tuesday-wednesday. Anyway! Pictures!
292.jpg
294.jpg
295.jpg
296.jpg
298.jpg

As far as the holes, my brother works in the BYU machining lab, so I'm having him machine some recessed aluminum plates that will go in there, then I will spray the aluminum with chroming spray, then mount LEDs in them and lay frosted plexiglass over the top.
I like your idea about the recessed plates and led's! can't wait to see some more progress on this project, good looking work man.

Okay, I'm back! My father got thrown in jail for 3 months, so I had to move back to Boise to take over his business, then I got caught up with work... But I finally have time now and I will be starting on the legs and shins now. Can't wait to finally get started again! I wish I could have had it all done for Halloween and the Halo 4 launch, but thats okay. It's always fun to wear it to walmart and just to mess with people. :) Will post some more pictures soon! Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back