Super Hd Halo Wars Mk Iv Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
rundown said:
Ral and MR Orea posted unfolds of it in my file base...

Oh and Agbates, are you gonnashould completely finish it? I wonder how it would look like when textured with bumpmaps and all :)

What do you mean "completely finish it"? You mean like model the whole suit? I plan on modeling the entire thing in HD, then I will go back and make versions for all the parts that have floating faces instead of all those really complicated spots (like on the back of my chest piece). After that I will go back even further and make extremely low poly versions of each part to use for tester models so that way people don't spend 100 hours (this is probably how long it will actually take to put together...lol) for example building my chest piece only to find out it doesn't fit. As soon as I get done with the chest piece I will immediately make a floating face version and a tester version because I know how bad people are going to want it. I also plan to do an extremely sub-d version to use for getting cnc'd I will probably sell this version because it is going to take a lot of work because anim8or is not the best program to turn things into sub-d models. It is an absolute nightmare to do in anim8or. I kind of have a question about sub-d modeling to all the other 3d modelers out there because I am fairly new to it and using a primitive program. If you know anything about sub-d modeling you know that a model will not keep its creases unless you add another edge really close to the edge you are wanting creased. If you do that it will smooth all the other sections and still keep the crease that you are wanting. In anim8or it is an absolute nightmare to do. I have to add each and every little edge and it never comes out exactly the right way. What I was wanting to know was if any other 3d modeling program such as 3ds Max for example has a feature that helps you subdivide easier. I know about the sub-d modifiers but is there some feature that allows you to keep creases easier. If anyone knows of a program that makes it easier to model make a model in sub-d or knows of a better way of doing it please let me know because I have been having lots of trouble with it.

Anyways back to the mk iv armor progress. The chest is coming along really good and should be finished within a day or two. I have been working on the shoulder strap areas and have been fixing some things in the back so all I have to do before I finish it is complete those areas and the bottom side straps. Like I said I should have another update probably tonight, who knows if I keep at it I might even finish it and then I will give you guys a pep file showing the completed model and I will have everyone thoroughly look it over before I unfold it. I will ask everyone if I am missing any details, if any details are wrong, if I accidentally have any polygons that have more than 4 points or sides. Sometimes I am adding edge loops and to something and turn a square into a pentagon. In case you guys don't know in 3d modeling you never want a polygon that has more than 4 sides. It can really screw up your model. You either want a triangle or a quadrilateral (square).

Wow that was a whole lot of typing. Sorry for such a long post. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
agbates said:
What do you mean "completely finish it"? You mean like model the whole suit? I plan on modeling the entire thing in HD, then I will go back and make versions for all the parts that have floating faces instead of all those really complicated spots (like on the back of my chest piece). After that I will go back even further and make extremely low poly versions of each part to use for tester models so that way people don't spend 100 hours (this is probably how long it will actually take to put together...lol) for example building my chest piece only to find out it doesn't fit. As soon as I get done with the chest piece I will immediately make a floating face version and a tester version because I know how bad people are going to want it. I also plan to do an extremely sub-d version to use for getting cnc'd I will probably sell this version because it is going to take a lot of work because anim8or is not the best program to turn things into sub-d models. It is an absolute nightmare to do in anim8or. I kind of have a question about sub-d modeling to all the other 3d modelers out there because I am fairly new to it and using a primitive program. If you know anything about sub-d modeling you know that a model will not keep its creases unless you add another edge really close to the edge you are wanting creased. If you do that it will smooth all the other sections and still keep the crease that you are wanting. In anim8or it is an absolute nightmare to do. I have to add each and every little edge and it never comes out exactly the right way. What I was wanting to know was if any other 3d modeling program such as 3ds Max for example has a feature that helps you subdivide easier. I know about the sub-d modifiers but is there some feature that allows you to keep creases easier. If anyone knows of a program that makes it easier to model make a model in sub-d or knows of a better way of doing it please let me know because I have been having lots of trouble with it.

Anyways back to the mk iv armor progress. The chest is coming along really good and should be finished within a day or two. I have been working on the shoulder strap areas and have been fixing some things in the back so all I have to do before I finish it is complete those areas and the bottom side straps. Like I said I should have another update probably tonight, who knows if I keep at it I might even finish it and then I will give you guys a pep file showing the completed model and I will have everyone thoroughly look it over before I unfold it. I will ask everyone if I am missing any details, if any details are wrong, if I accidentally have any polygons that have more than 4 points or sides. Sometimes I am adding edge loops and to something and turn a square into a pentagon. In case you guys don't know in 3d modeling you never want a polygon that has more than 4 sides. It can really screw up your model. You either want a triangle or a quadrilateral (square).

Wow that was a whole lot of typing. Sorry for such a long post. :D

I use edgesplit modifier to make my edges sharp, you dont really need that mutch poly's to make a nice HD curve agbates. Just set the edges sharp that needs to be sharp :)

if you look at the original model wireframe it doesnt has alot iether. I only use the subsurf modifier when modeling organic forms like a body or something else.

Oh and i meant with completely finish it?: Are you texturing, bumpmapping, adding a scene or something in a render? I wonder how your compositing is :)

rundown said:
I use edgesplit modifier to make my edges sharp, you dont really need that mutch poly's to make a nice HD curve agbates. Just set the edges sharp that needs to be sharp :)

if you look at the original model wireframe it doesnt has alot iether. I only use the subsurf modifier when modeling organic forms like a body or something else.

Oh and i meant with completely finish it?: Are you texturing, bumpmapping, adding a scene or something in a render? I wonder how your compositing is :)

When I was talking about doing the added edges I was talking about for a cnc type model where there are millions of polys. I got the hd part down it just takes me a while. And as for the texturing, bumpmapping and rendering, If I can get the whole character including the undersuit done then I will try to do so. I have never really textured a model so far, only used materials so it will probably be pretty tough my first time, but I am already really good at photoshop so that should help.

Yet again another update. This is the second to the last update on the chest piece so within a day or so you guys should have a new Supa HD Mk Iv Torso file. Like I said, up until this is finished I am going to keep uploading preview files for everyone to look at and tell me if I need to make corrections so here is the second to the last one.

Here are the pics...

8-2.jpg

8-1.jpg

Hirgon said:
This is amazing work. If you dont mind i downloaded it and amattempting to unfold it :D

Don't unfold it, its not finished yet. That was just a preview file. It should be finished tomorrow.

agbates said:
Don't unfold it, its not finished yet. That was just a preview file. It should be finished tomorrow.

OK cool..... you going to need unfolder?

You guys will be happy to know that the chest is finished. I am just making the version that uses floating faces instead and then I'll post the final preview file and pictures for everyone to look at and tell me if I should change anything before I unfold it.

Can you do a version where its not floating faces for the back part?

I'd prefer it not to be floating faces for that ...if thats ok ?

carnage said:
Can you do a version where its not floating faces for the back part?

I'd prefer it not to be floating faces for that ...if thats ok ?

Yeah thats the main one i have. Some people wanted floating faces so i went back and made another version for them. I should be ready to post the file here in a few minutes.

Ok everyone the chest is finally finished and I am extremely thankful. It was a pain to give it so much detail with such a small amount of good reference but in the end I think it came out good. The file I am uploading is both the HD Version and the Floating Face version in one file. You will have to go to the object list and choose whichever parts you want to build. I have not yet unfolded this (don't worry as soon as I post this I will begin) so if you guys want to assemble the file you will have to unfold it yourself or wait for me to unfold it. I should either have it unfolded tonight or tomorrow so just check back and see. One thing I do request is that everyone look over the file really good, especially fellow 3d modelers to check and see if their are any imperfections in the model so that way I won't get all the way through unfolding just to realize the file is messed up.

I know you are all anxious to see it so here is the file and here are the pics. Please remember all the hours of hard work I've put into this so if you use it please credit me for the file.

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

SoullessSin said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

:D

EDIT:

This should be fun to unfold !

I know I've already started to unfold it and its making my laptop lag up...lol.

SoullessSin said:
Lol I can see how you separated the low def one and the high def one.

That's pretty smart.

I've got to agree, thats a clever trick I did'nt know could be done.

The chest is a great looking model, I bet you feel warm and fuzzy looking at it now and so you should.

I think i'm converted from looking at this and am now going to build a suit.

Would someone mind posting/pm'ing me what needs to go with this S-HD chest (thighs cod helm and the likes)please.

Halo is not my thing but a suit like this for display is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back