The Official 405th Q & A Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I think this is the right place to post this, Is anyone else having some trouble wth the actual 405th Website? I just joined and I have seen some talk of a remodel. But for instance when I try to click on someone's link to another 405th thread, it just takes me to the home page...So is this my problem or just the website?

some of the links are dead because they were located on the old 405th site, i too have had this problem, and it can be quite frustrating

can somebody help m figure out how to make a slide release for my M6G reach version pepakura pistol?

it's the one from carpaithavh99...*I hope I spelled it right*

hmm, i would cut a small (1 cm long x 1/2 cm tall) rectangle out of the bottom of the slide, then for the release button, i modeled one right now in google sketchup 7, the link is here http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=10da97cd30044c072d2792f729282318&prevstart=0

give me a profile visitor message if you have any further questions regarding this subject, and i'll try to help out as well as i can

I sent you a profile message

for whatever reason, i cannot reply to your PM, so i am just going to post this here, sorry about the blurriness of the picture, but that was the best i could do
M6sliderelease.jpg

red box= slide release button
Yellow box= where i assume the slot in the slide for the button would be
i have updated the button, it just now occured to me that the button would easily fall out of the gun. so i added a sleeve-like thing to the bottom, that the button would rest in, and some flaps on the edges so you can superglue the sleeve to the gun. also with the sleeve, to push the button up into the slot on the slide, i would put a weak spring or two (maybe butcher a pen's spring?) underneath the button in the sleeve's slot, the link for the button should still work for the updated version.
also, i dont think pepakura would be the greatest thing to make this with- as the dimensions of both pieces are miniscule

Thanks!, as soon as I'm done resin-ing the pistol I'll try to put the button in the gun....

thanks for helping me playdoh!

no problem!

When I post pictures of my current progress I'll credit you with the slide button..

also I was trying to make a full button functioning M6G Model B and with your help I'll be able to do that!

I think if I ever make casts and a mold I'll make full functioning kits......

and if my mom approves you'll get the first kit...Carpaithavh99 as well as he made the file

im new to making pep models and i am starting with the halo odst pistol. i have planned out my build to this point

1: what mold making materials should i use as just an average good mold?
im thinking of using plaster paris.

2: what stage should i make the mold? prebondo post fiber glass? or post bondo pre paint primer?

3: When i make the mold should i make a two part mold? kind of like to halves?

and 4: what should to recast the master in the mold?
two part foam to fill the mold completely or something else?

please pm me with answers though i love forums the tend to get a little hairy when searching for an answer and i'm a little overwhelmed right now

Oh Hai, Hey, I was wondering, and you can laugh if you want to, but can you tell me if it's proper protocol to send a message something along the lines of "...Hey thanks for friending me!" or Thanks for the add!" or "Thank you for being my friend" or something like that? I always feel like I have an obligation to acknowledge when someone accepts my friend (+).
Hope this question isn't TOO inane. Thanks

Hi

I'm looking into making armour and am using pepakura to make the pieces. After making the pieces, what is my next step? From what I've read I assume I move on to paint each piece with 3-6 coats of fiberglass resin and then use bondo for details.

However, I've heard from my father that both the resin and the bondo are brittle and could potentially break if I so much as sit down. How could I get around this? Is molding a better option for strong and moderately flexible armour? And if so I would appreciate a link to a molding tut if available.

Thank you

I was watching Halo videos on youtube when this site was in a video so i decided i'd give it a try since i've got plenty of time. I downloaded the pepakura viewer but have been unsucessful in downloading the files. When i find a link that says it can send me to a plaace to get them, it sends me back to the forum home. WWW.halocostuming.wikia.com tells me i have a DNS thing stoping me from geting to them so i dont know what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I was watching Halo videos on youtube when this site was in a video so i decided i'd give it a try since i've got plenty of time. I downloaded the pepakura viewer but have been unsucessful in downloading the files. When i find a link that says it can send me to a plaace to get them, it sends me back to the forum home. WWW.halocostuming.wikia.com tells me i have a DNS thing stoping me from geting to them so i dont know what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#1. If i were you, i would keep the viewer but if you intend on building armor, you are going to need to scale it, and the viewer cannot do that. I use pepakura designer 3, which you can download the free trial version from the pepakura homepage at http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/

Alright. I didnt even think to see if the viewer could scale it so i will need to get the designer. I talked to my dad this morning and apparently he put some file share blocker on our network so i will need to find another way to get the pep files... probably just use my friends laptop at mcdonalds or something. Thanks for the advice.

I was wondering what is Pep, ive been seeing the finished thing on youtube and here, but i know nothing bout it from the pc to in your hands ready to harden etc, if someone could explain either here or by PM that would be great, thanks 405th!!

9/10ths of the links i click to see a topic are broken and redirect me to the general forum catergories any reason why that might be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back