The Official 405th Q & A Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys im new to this 405th and i just started my names shane and i have a question ive already started a low def suit of the markVI and i hate the detail its just seems like a waist of time because im flying threw building the low def with no problem and i want something to be really happy with. i have found flying squirrels HD models wich im sure everyone is familiar with,does anyone know how to scale it? or at least other files that are good that people know how to scale. plz help thanks

Were can i find the blue print of the armor?

And what kind of materiel should i use to print with just paper or somthing else?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dont understand how to scratch built weapons. Can someone please explain or send me a link to a tutorial?

Im hoping to make an AR with spare magazines and a slot for a torch to slide in underneath the nozzle.

I live in the middle of nowhere can someone move here and build pep and armor with me lol ...j/k good thread alot of questions lol

I was just looking/downloading files for my EOD armor WIP, I noticed the chest is only the front piece, where is the download for the back piece? Another thing my friend and I were wondering is how to attach the pieces of armor to your under-suit, and what one should use for an under-suit?

kyrativ said:
I was just looking/downloading files for my EOD armor WIP, I noticed the chest is only the front piece, where is the download for the back piece? Another thing my friend and I were wondering is how to attach the pieces of armor to your under-suit, and what one should use for an under-suit?

The Chest piece would go right on top of a default MK VI chest, So you would build that and put the chest piece on top, also what you do is make it so the pieces buckle together around your chest, you don't necessarily need to strap it to your undersuit.

What I have for an undersuit is a pressure suit similar to this:
D_535%20SETIP8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i am a complete noob, at using pepakura and i got to the point on scaling. i think frizzy said to go to the 2d menu and click sacale down/up my doesn't say that, i think that is on pepakura v2 i have pepa. v3 and so is a little different, on pepa. v3 is said change scale. when i clik on that it gives me a menu saying, hight, depth, and width, and at the bottom of the menu box is says scale and everything is in millimeters. and i want to scale the odst mask that i want to make. i am really confuse on the scaling part

I have a question too, do i have to make the molding method or ist it just for making multiple armor parts?

Thanks R.

Molding is pretty much for making copies of your work. If you don't want to make more than one you dont have to :)

Perfect, thanks. That makes it a lot easier to start, because i probably only want to make one armor for my size.

Hey guys, Just wondering, what is that armour peice that goes in front, just above the pelvice/groin area on the Marine from Halo 3?

And also, is there a pepakura for it? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks,

Coolchips101

Ok, so obviously since I am posting here, I am a noob. I was introduced to this site yesterday, and began lurking a little bit today. the main thing that i can tell about you guys is that you HATE repetitive noob threads, which is why i am posting here. I am sure there are threads that answer my questions, but i am short on time and cannot lurk fast enough. so without any further ado, here it goes:

1: I am a Mac user. Is there any way for me to get the templates i need?

2: would it be reasonable to build armor by next wednesday (it is thursday right now)?

3:I am also short on cash, which means that fiberglass is not looking too good for me. would Paper Mache' (sp?) be an ok alternate, at least for the time being until i have the time and money for a proper job?

There might be more questions, but i cannot remember right now. If you have answers or know of threads where i might find my answers, please reply. As for what i am planning? let's just say i have an idea for the most epic school spirit week ever.

Thank you 405th community,

iSUPERNOOB

EDIT: just watched the "recruitment" video now, this is my first post so i will introduce myself, I am iSUPERNOOB, I have never made armor before and would greatly appreciate help in any way shape or form here, thanks!

i dont know if this has been answered, but i just made an odst crotch piece and i noticed the edges were pretty warped and wrinkled looking, other than the crotch i've made a super mario coin for practice and that's it, is there any tips i should know about fixing warp?

ps i used a thin layer of elmers glue, just the white stuff, i used hot glue on the mario coin, but my heat gun doesnt stop heating, so after about 10 minutes or less it's just dripping with liquid glue, not gel like or anything lol. thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back