*The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a good EOD Shoulder and a good MP/Base Security Chest? Ive been looking everywhere! The one on page 1 of this topic wont open in pepakura! :( Does anyone have any unfolds of these?

koshima07 said:
T.I.C.'s got a point, guys.

oh, and can someone develop a new Kat helm?

bump. I ditto that request. Pretty please with a cherry on top. <3

Last edited by a moderator:
We are still taking hundreds of reference screenshots, guys... I'm sure most files will be in progress shortly after the Beta's closed. I know I've got a few in mind.

Love the files.....I am working on the HD Jun helmet, which I think is the first one that is unfolded. I have a 6 and 7/8 head size to a size 7. Anyway I have put a few attempts at getting a good scale for this helmet. I have found that if you use the overall size value(bottom value of four), instead of using the default of 40.999, use 65. For the bigger heads out there, I would go up to 68. I don't know if this helps anyone, but I know I always love to find numbers for scales on helms if I can. Keep the good stuff comming!

Coot

heres a med def shoulder piece all credit goes to rundown because all i did was take into sketchup and delelte some things

note: there are some open edges i couldn't close for some reason so if you choose to build it your going to have to either fix it or deal with it ill be happy to unfold if you fix it though

tell me if the links are broken for you

http://www.4shared.com/file/Rr2SrXeq/R-shoulder-Rundown-Box-o-Crayo.html

EOD shoulder:

http://www.4shared.com/file/tBUb5-jQ/_2__EOD_shoulder_attachment-Fo.html

finished up with the raziel JUN pep and resin'd it. Having issues with the separate attachment file though, its not lining up, ive pepped a test twice :)

any ideas? anyone else dont the helm with attachment successfully?

IMG_4540.jpg

IMG_4539.jpg

IMG_4537.jpg

Looking at the pdo of both parts together, it dosen't look like they were modeled at the same time. The attachment dosen't match up with the contour of the helmet. Here's a pic of what I mean...

Helmpic.jpg

Short of modifying the 3D model itself, it looks like your option is to build the attachment (ensuring the scale is the same as the helmet), resin and harden it, then do some major adjusting to get it to fit.

Your helmet looks pretty good. I can't wait to see that bad boy finished.

strange.

well its nothing that cant be scuplted and fixed. just wanted to know if i was messing it up or it actually was like that.

thanks a lot man!!

now we can get moving on this :)

Awesome helmet! Keep up the good work. :D

carpathiavh99 said:

If I might ask... Where did you get that progress signature? And would there happen to be one of the Mark V ? :p

RetroCorn said:
Awesome helmet! Keep up the good work. :D

If I might ask... Where did you get that progress signature? And would there happen to be one of the Mark V ? :p

I believe he's doing that with photoshop... take a pic, and DIY is the only progression sig we have now.

Boba Fett said:
I believe he's doing that with photoshop... take a pic, and DIY is the only progression sig we have now.

That's a shame... Ah well...

Also, does anyone have a good way to scale helmets? I've tried both methods in the scaling thread but neither of them seem to work right. It always comes out either too large or too small. Any suggestions?

*Edit* It might help to know that I'm using the BMcClain helmet file.

RetroCorn said:
That's a shame... Ah well...

Also, does anyone have a good way to scale helmets? I've tried both methods in the scaling thread but neither of them seem to work right. It always comes out either too large or too small. Any suggestions?

*Edit* It might help to know that I'm using the BMcClain helmet file.

i always just measure my head in inches tall then take that number and time it by 2.54 then by 10 that gives me mm then i edit the height in the pep file to that number! it works pretty darn well. just remember when you measure your head ad an extra half an inch for padding and glass and things. try that it may work for you!

carpathiavh99 said:
Looking at the pdo of both parts together, it dosen't look like they were modeled at the same time. The attachment dosen't match up with the contour of the helmet. Here's a pic of what I mean...

Helmpic.jpg

Short of modifying the 3D model itself, it looks like your option is to build the attachment (ensuring the scale is the same as the helmet), resin and harden it, then do some major adjusting to get it to fit.

Your helmet looks pretty good. I can't wait to see that bad boy finished.

how did you get the carter thingy to show your armor progress i want one to show my carter amor progress and noble six armor progress

thankx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back