*The Official* Halo Reach Pepakura Files Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok just out of curiosity i see rundowns 3d model and love it. i get the files and think to my self where the hell is the other side of the armor. i would like to do emiles armor from reach before september first. so any ideas on how i could do this also the boot thing would be nice to know if someone is making them im sorry if i come off as rude or abrupt. but i just would like to know what is going on. oh the 3d model on the first page of the suit. i would love to have that if it is ok only for personal use. thanks for your time. :D

BSlapninja87 said:
ok just out of curiosity i see rundowns 3d model and love it. i get the files and think to my self where the hell is the other side of the armor. i would like to do emiles armor from reach before september first. so any ideas on how i could do this also the boot thing would be nice to know if someone is making them im sorry if i come off as rude or abrupt. but i just would like to know what is going on. oh the 3d model on the first page of the suit. i would love to have that if it is ok only for personal use. thanks for your time. :D

When you say other side of the armor, do you mean the back? If so, it's all there in the model. Anyway, if you're talking about Emile, we have files for that as well. As for the boot, some people usually buy a boot and cover them with a pep model (maybe a boot toe model for example), and other sculpt the whole boot. I would recommend the first method because it's a little easier.

Here's some emile armor files:

Helmet: Emile Helmet | Unfold by L3X BLU3R1V3R

L3XEmileHelmet1Small.jpg

Chest: Chest | Unfolded by Boba Fett

(Emile's chest is the default Mark V ( B ) Chest. The same as Noble Six's with the exception of the bullet belt)

RundownReachTorso1Small.jpg

Anyway, the only differences with Emile from Noble Six (really the default and most popular Spartan of Reach), is the Helmet and Shoulder pieces.

Emile Shoulder (right): Emile Shoulder (Right) | Unfolded by Brothers Darkness

jtm1997EmileShoulderRightSmall.jpg

Emile Shoulder (left): Emile Shoulder (Left) Unfolded by Brothers Darkness

jtm1997EmileShoulderLeftSmall.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I notice you're a new member as well, and I would like to refer you to some scaling aids.

Scaling is very important, and most of us (if not all of us), find scaling quite a challenge. You can check out this thread for scaling: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20044&st=0&p=318371&fromsearch=1&#entry318371

The pictures are a huge aid in properly placing armor as well as scaling it.

scale-1.jpg
scale-2.jpg
scale-3.jpg

This picture has all of the armor parts of Noble Team, but the assortment on an individual Spartan is different than in the game (with the exception of the above).

scale-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for your information. what i mean by the other side of the armor is for instance i have the left but not the right or the right but not the left i have all the emile pats except the shotgun forarm shotgun shells and the left and right thighs. um i am going to hard mod an ironman boot it has the same shape as the reach boot. but it is just a little agravating for the scaling. like the helmet has been the hardest part and the chest has been a pain in my back side. sorry to ramble but thank you

BSlapninja87 said:
thank you for your information. what i mean by the other side of the armor is for instance i have the left but not the right or the right but not the left i have all the emile pats except the shotgun forarm shotgun shells and the left and right thighs. um i am going to hard mod an ironman boot it has the same shape as the reach boot. but it is just a little agravating for the scaling. like the helmet has been the hardest part and the chest has been a pain in my back side. sorry to ramble but thank you

It's no problem mate. The thighs, shins, and forearm for Emile is also the same as Noble Six's. I don't think anyone has modeled the shotgun shells for Emile yet, nor the shotgun.

Thigh: Thigh Unfolded by rvb18

RundownReachThigh2Small.jpg

Shin: Shin Unfolded by rvb18

RundownReachShin2Small.jpg

Forearm:

Forearm (Left) Unfolded by McPrimus

Forearm (Right) Unfolded by McPrimus

RundownReachForearm1Small.jpg

Oh, and in the previous post, I provided a link to scaling thread and scaling aids. The thread should have everything you need to know. ;)

That's pretty much what you've got to do, reverse the pattern in pep designer. That way, the model designer only had to model and unfold one model for two mirrored parts, rather than spend the time unfolding both.

carpathiavh99 said:
That's pretty much what you've got to do, reverse the pattern in pep designer. That way, the model designer only had to model and unfold one model for two mirrored parts, rather than spend the time unfolding both.

Carpathiavh99 is correct. I think you have to do the same for the shins and soldiers. I'm not sure though. I don't think it makes a difference with those two, but it wouldn't hurt.

damn straight! and just another question to all of the other armorers out there:

you know that metal band on the back of the boot? can someone find a way to pep that and get it into distribution?

it would totally be awesome and a godsend at the same time!

BSlapninja87 said:
wow reversing this things is hard is there an easyer way to do it

To reverse all the pieces, you go to "2D Menu" -> "Invert Pattern". This should successfully mirror all pieces, thus the original model is reversed.

koshima07 said:
damn straight! and just another question to all of the other armorers out there:

you know that metal band on the back of the boot? can someone find a way to pep that and get it into distribution?

it would totally be awesome and a godsend at the same time!

You should consult Rundown to model the boot band (he might even do the whole boot). Unfortunately the boot hasn't been fully pepped. Another alternative is to make on out of cardboard until we can get a model.

Sorry for my repeated questions. Well any way , I got the knife done except I'm gonna have to remake the sheath for it. may make a different version. Might even make a kukhri sword like in the old days.

Here's the code by the way

[attachment=16502:pepakura knife pic.png]

Kukhri knife unfolded

is there any way we can get the modellers/unfolders to add support struts in the files, similar to existing 405th Mark armor files?

having a hard time keeping the stuff straight when i rondo it. i can put self made ones in, but i think it will really help everyone else too!

thanks if possible!!

It is possible, but it's very involved. You'd have to export the file to another 3D program, add the support struts in, then re-import into pep and re-unfold. Like I said, not impossible, just a little involved. Which files were you looking at specifically, I can get a few done for you when I can.

carpathiavh99 said:
It is possible, but it's very involved. You'd have to export the file to another 3D program, add the support struts in, then re-import into pep and re-unfold. Like I said, not impossible, just a little involved. Which files were you looking at specifically, I can get a few done for you when I can.

i think the shins and chest would be most important. those are the largest round pieces. THats just my opinion. ANyone else think its worthwhile?

Artek said:
i think the shins and chest would be most important. those are the largest round pieces. THats just my opinion. ANyone else think its worthwhile?

Ya I think it is. I did the chest myself and it holds up together just fine. Though struts would be useful when I'm hardening it. So I'm all for it! ;)

Metallious said:
Sorry for my repeated questions. Well any way , I got the knife done except I'm gonna have to remake the sheath for it. may make a different version. Might even make a kukhri sword like in the old days.

Here's the code by the way

[attachment=16502:pepakura knife pic.png]

Kukhri knife unfolded

allright! I'm making this right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back