The Traveling Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I am new in the 405th, but I'd like to add my name onto the helmet as well. I've been a halo fan since its come out. It'd would feel like an honor to me to show appriciation to Bungie for creating one of my favorite videogames and storylines that I have read in a long time. I know the chances of the Helmet making it to a new guy like me is slim to non, but if someone would add my name to it I would appriciate it.

Dave Frick
Pittsburgh PA

I can sign for you, if you'd like.

I've finished pepping the helmet, I just need the ok from nintendude before I ship it to him. He hasn't replied to my emails though... Maybe on vacation?

No I'm not on vacation, I get paid on Monday Charlie so I can get you paid for the helmet, but the person that's sending the helmet once he is done is Brandon McClain he donated one of his Reach Helmets to the project, he's casting, detailing and painting and I'll be putting the visor in the helmet, after that it will begin it's trip.

@nintendude: I've spoken with rhinoc, and I think we've got something worked out on our end. He only lives about an hour from me, at the very most. If it gets shipped to me first, I can get it to him, and we knock out 2 birds with one stone. Just let me know, whoever it may be, when it is going to be heading this way.

-Matt

Once Brandon says the helmet is done on his end, and he gets it shipped to me while I'm waiting for it to come I'll figure out the map route since a couple more states have added to the list since my last map I made, at this point. No more names will be added to the list because I don't want it to travel through a state just to have it backtrack because someone else wants on, if that's the case they can have someone it has not gotten to yet sign for them but that will be the only exception.

In that case, if there is anyone else in the greater Dayton/Cincinnati that would like to sign, please contact myself directly via email at mkshane81@aol.com . We will work out a meeting in Dayton somewhere for everyone to put their John Hancock on it. Thanks for the heads up John.

I've been late finding threads lately. :/ But this is an awesome idea, nintendude.

Though, I have an idea. How many of the people on this list are coming to Dragon*con? Its coming up next month and if the helmet is ready, then you may save on shipping that way.

Does anyone think they can sign my name onto it? It would be very appreciated. I know I live in the U.S. and all, but the mailing service here in the city where I live isn't all too great.

Hey Nintendude, I was wondering what measures would be taken if a misdelivery came about? Such as if it got accidentally mailed to an unintended place (as in, the mail delivery person messed up the delivery), or if stolen from someone's front porch, etc.? Sorry if it's been discussed already, I just couldn't find an answer in the thread.

hey id like to included but im a noob but im doin my to catch up to the rest of u i just joined but i already started making my first helmet (CQB) so im very happy to have 405th Halo is a big part of my life it has been for awhile and id like to thank the guys at bungie plus i looked at ur list and no one from the great state of Massachusetts and im willing to pay because i have the cash
thanks

hey id like to included but im a noob but im doin my to catch up to the rest of u i just joined but i already started making my first helmet (CQB) so im very happy to have 405th Halo is a big part of my life it has been for awhile and id like to thank the guys at bungie plus i looked at ur list and no one from the great state of Massachusetts and im willing to pay because i have the cash
thanks

Periods and sentence structure are your friend.

This is a great idea! If this weren't my 2nd post (or I had a WIP thread) I'd be all about asking you guys to send it to me. Alittle too late I guess. If anything, Posting will allow me to find this thread so I can see the pictures. Excited to see this thing!

Does anyone think they can sign my name onto it? It would be very appreciated. I know I live in the U.S. and all, but the mailing service here in the city where I live isn't all too great.

Hey Nintendude, I was wondering what measures would be taken if a misdelivery came about? Such as if it got accidentally mailed to an unintended place (as in, the mail delivery person messed up the delivery), or if stolen from someone's front porch, etc.? Sorry if it's been discussed already, I just couldn't find an answer in the thread.

I can probably sign your name if you want, or if you don't find someone else. As for the possibiliy of someone taking the package we have two safety rules to this each person that gets the helmet has to provide delivery confirmation and if possible a picture of their sig on the helmet. I know not everyone may have a camera so that's optional, the delivery confirmation on the box is the best way for this to be safeguarded. Considering the size of the box I doubt a postal worker will leave it on a porch if the person is not there to take it if the person is not there the postal worker will probably leave a pickup card in the persons mailbox.

thanks

Post a link to your CQB progress and your WIP will be taken into consideration.

just to clear it up, I'm from Ontario, Canada :p
neighbouring Toronto.

Fixed you and Goosebot5000.

I'm still willing to meet up with people in the Central Florida/Orlando/Disney World area to knock out many birds with 1 stone.

Always a good plan.

I've been late finding threads lately. :/ But this is an awesome idea, nintendude.

Though, I have an idea. How many of the people on this list are coming to Dragon*con? Its coming up next month and if the helmet is ready, then you may save on shipping that way.

If the helmet is finished late or if it's in that time frame with someone coming to D*C I suppose the helmet could come with them and we could get as many names at D*C as possible

I would like to be added to the list or H1rg0n Could you let me know when you get it so that I can come over see it and sign it as well?

~James
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Got your name added JihR2, also I looked at the list if it arrives to Lordzoabar like a few days before D*C or around the same time as D*C and if Lordzoabar is going to D*C that would be the prime time to get it signed by as many as possible before letting it continue on it's way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back