The Traveling Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Nintendude. Email me so I can give you the mailing address I want you to use.

Also, I'm going on vacation on August 28th to September 5th, so I hope nobody tries to send me the helmet during that time.

I can probably sign your name if you want, or if you don't find someone else. As for the possibiliy of someone taking the package we have two safety rules to this each person that gets the helmet has to provide delivery confirmation and if possible a picture of their sig on the helmet. I know not everyone may have a camera so that's optional, the delivery confirmation on the box is the best way for this to be safeguarded. Considering the size of the box I doubt a postal worker will leave it on a porch if the person is not there to take it if the person is not there the postal worker will probably leave a pickup card in the persons mailbox.

[...]

Okay, thank you. Those two safety rules would work great, but I'm still concerned about the shipping. I mean, in my town, one day everyone got their neighbor's mail in the whole neighborhood; sometimes our packages get delivered to wrong addresses (I don't mean addresses that are similar, I mean they send it to a place with a completely dissimilar address.); and the last concern is that you never know about whether they will leave the package or a notice, because everything we have ordered (one unicycle, my brother's laptop, another unicycle, my laptop which came with my brother's printer, among other large packages) has all been left on the porch at each time of their delivery, in perfectly clear view from the street nonetheless. I don't know if that stuff would be a big problem out there, but I think if the receiving person has any doubts that they may not be there to pick it up at delivery, it could be better to bypass them until it can be delivered and picked up for sure at the time of arrival. Yeah, that means that the shipping costs might be up a little and some delays may need to be made, but it's far better to be sure that it will be there than it is to take an avoidable risk and have chances of not even having a helmet to give to Bungie.

On a less depressing note, I do hope that this works out great. In the end, it's going to be worth it.

Glad to see things working out and that we're still going through with it :p
You should keep everyone updated with it's completion and travel time so we all know who and where exactly it's going to instead of coming back here and reading about it too late. LOL
twitter maybe? That way some if not all of us can follow along on our phones.
Just my 2 cents in there!

Anthony

Hey, Nintendude. Email me so I can give you the mailing address I want you to use.

Also, I'm going on vacation on August 28th to September 5th, so I hope nobody tries to send me the helmet during that time.

Ya, i hope it doesn't reach California too soon. I'm gonna be out of country from July 19 to August 19.

Glad to see things working out and that we're still going through with it :p
You should keep everyone updated with it's completion and travel time so we all know who and where exactly it's going to instead of coming back here and reading about it too late. LOL
twitter maybe? That way some if not all of us can follow along on our phones.
Just my 2 cents in there!

Anthony

I do not haz twitter, nor do I want. But I like the idea.

We may do twitter just to keep up with the progress and keep track of everyone is has gone through's photo of them and the helmet, not sure if twitter does that, if twitter does'nt then I'll open a blog type account where anyone can post to it. I am guessing that the helmet will start traveling East first, not sure 100% of that or not still waiting until the helmet is finished before final desision. When the helmet begins the journey the thread might be locked not sure yet if that will be done it will only be so no more signatures are allowed unless someone is along the route that it has not gone through yet and the progress can be tracked like I said by twitter or by a blog type account, never played with twitter so I don't know. I'll re-list the names so it can just go down the list to the next person and continue going, along with a map of the estimated route of travel. So everyone knows this is not the first time I have done this, I was with group BSG based about 6 years ago, the site no longer exists but we sent a Egyptian style old BSG helmet to the makers of the show, though they never posted anything about it anywhere I did get a thank you card from the person it was sent to and that list was a lot bigger than this one.

Hey you should make a facebook fan page!! You can post photos and you can keep up with everyone!

Got your name added JihR2, also I looked at the list if it arrives to Lordzoabar like a few days before D*C or around the same time as D*C and if Lordzoabar is going to D*C that would be the prime time to get it signed by as many as possible before letting it continue on it's way.

Ugh... great way to put the pressure on... lol

Hate to say it but I know for a fact that I will not be going to D*C this year... :( (unless my mom suddenly decides that the whole armor building thing and going to cons is not a waste of time and dumb... or unless I get my own place... which in the time-frame is unlikely) though it is still 2 months away... things could change... idk

I'd LOVE it if someone could sign my name!
I'm from Sweden, and live in Sweden so I can't do it myself.

Please sign my name also! :D

Draycon2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back