Tivicus' Mark Vi (Wip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tivicus

Hello all. I've been browsing this forum for some time as a guest, and I figured now would be a good time to actually get myself an account.

I'm in Southern California, down San Diego way. I'm a High schooler with plenty else he should be doing ;)

I've started on my first Pep pieces, and I wanted to not only get critique, but maybe some helpful hints along the way. Hopefully i'll be wearing this suit come Comic Con 2010!

So far I've glued two hand plates (one of them correctly, lol) and my left forearm. Right now, i'm cutting out my 20 pg 3 pc boot.

======

Pics

======

P1040116.jpg

P1040117.jpg

P1040119.jpg

Hope I'm not intruding or anything...first post on a forum is always a nervous one.

Pretty damn good so far, just keep working and don't stop. Im working on Mark VI myself (plus a BR) can't do much until I buy my supplies, but it should end up well if i take my time. :D Anyway, i'll be watching this topic!

-Lifepod

Thanks man! That handplate on the right of the first photo was my first ever Pep piece. The one on the left was my second, and the arm came third. The hi-def models are pretty fun ;)

not a bad start at all my friend !! =D that forearm looks an AWFUL lot like mine did when i started haha, in fact the left one was my first piece i tried with with card stock haha, (go big or go home and all that jazz ;)) just remember to take your time on the tricky small folds, the end result will be worth it =D. lord knows there were some colourful words muttered under my breath as i was putting some of the parts together haha.

and from one armour builder to an other, that wrist whole of the forearm looks a teensy bit wonkey... nothing to big, i'm sure it can be cleaned up before all is said and done (should you decide you want to). as it stands when everything is done nobody is really going to notice it when its with the rest of the armour.

keep up the good work =D

Thank you, gentlemen.

Yes, the wonky handplate is funny as hell. I look at it and still crack up.

And the wrist whole looks weird because i left out two pieces from it, as my hands are friggin' huge. I needed to be able to slip them through, and I didn't want it to look like i had simply sliced part of it off. My hand still barely fits though...lol

Here are two pics with the forearm on. I'm nervous, because I'm not sure if it's big enough...I'm between 6' and 6'1", and the scale i've got it at now is 28.8 cm tall. Does it look right to you guys?

P1040128.jpg

P1040126.jpg

My apologies for the second picture being shaky...hard to balance that thing on my wrist and take a picture with the other hand.

to be honest, i think it looks pretty damn close to bang on for the size, if its not, it would be just the tiniest bit to small. i'm 5'9"ish and i used 27.3 and they are a little bit to big, if you wanted to you could prolly size it up to 29 and that would be fine for you, if you do up the size i wouldn't up it by very much at all.

keep up the good work (it took me about 5 size testers before i got my size close enough for my liking lol)

Quick update...

I've just finished pepping my right forearm. Yay, 4/15 pieces done...

Unfortunately it looks like i have to redo my other forearm, as honestly, it looks like !@#$ in comparison to the right forearm. I seriously did the right forearm right...it's ALL proportionally correct, all the folds matched up no problem...And i looked at them side by side, and you can tell when you compare them that the right is done leaps and bounds better.

All my finished pieces

P1040133.jpg

The 2 finished pieces that will likely not need to be redone

P1040134.jpg

The forearm detail. You can see the 405th logo on the far right ;)

P1040135.jpg

I'll tell you why my folds look so great...it's honestly the easy adhesive technique and a steady hand.

...Tacky Glue.

The stuff rocks. Oh, and is also $1.50 a bottle? I've made 4 pep pieces and I'm maybe an 1/8 through a bottle? My goal is to get to the chest piece with the same bottle...and i'm doing the chest last ;)

Since my last update i've got my left shoulder printed out. It's all a matter of having the will and energy to piece it together. My gluing stage is pretty fast the way i do it, but it can still take a whole night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back