Unfolding a 3D model in Pepakura designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

quick221

Hey 405th,

I'm planning to go (as an ODST) to the Armageddon expo in my own country (NZ) in July, 2015. My older brother is also going and he was wanting to go in costume as well. Now, here's my problem: I've got a a model ripped from a game and 3 years of 3D modelling experience under the belt I don't wear. I don't have pep' designer... I might get it but in the meantime, is anyone able to unfold it for me? I could send details (an OBJ, some references for unfolding and a rundown of what it is).

I trust all you say 405th.

Regards, 221

Why unfold? There are probably half a dozen decent ODST files around that you could import freely into Pepakura Viewer already.

Oh... Sorry. My poor explaining skills are now apparent. My older brother will need a helmet model unfolded. I'll find out today if I can purchase pep' designer so it may be fine.

Oh... Sorry. My poor explaining skills are now apparent. My older brother will need a helmet model unfolded. I'll find out today if I can purchase pep' designer so it may be fine.

you dont "need" to purchase pep designer. you can still download it and use it normally just like viewer and you get the added features such as rescale, rotate, move etc. the only thing you can't do is save changes which is where the registration code that if you purchase would come in.

Yes, unfold the model in designer, then when you are done unfolding, you won't be able to save, so just print it.

Yes, unfold the model in designer, then when you are done unfolding, you won't be able to save, so just print it.

Oh. Cool. Alrighty then! That's what I'll do. I'll model the helm, quickly unfold it (but taking care, of course) and print it out. Thanks 405th, glad I've got this huge, friendly community to help me with Halo costuming!

Regards, 221

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back