Unfolding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

animeloverlela

Jr Member
Hey guys! Okay so I got the file I was looking for but don't know how to "unfold" the file. Apparently that's the only way to turn it into a pepakura file at the moment. The file keeps sending me to a 3D printer obj file, but I don't have a 3D printer. If someone could help me out or let me know what to do that would be awesome. p.s. I'm in school at the moment so my replies may be spread out over periods of time.
http://www.405th.com/file-archive.php?do=file&fileid=4940

The OBJ file is the raw model you'll need to use to create a Pepakura file. Import the OBJ file into Pepakura, then hit the 'Unfold' option. From there, use the scaling and join/disjoin tools to refine the raw unfold into something you can print and use.

The OBJ file is the raw model you'll need to use to create a Pepakura file. Import the OBJ file into Pepakura, then hit the 'Unfold' option. From there, use the scaling and join/disjoin tools to refine the raw unfold into something you can print and use.

Chernobyl is right. You need to open the file in Pepakura Designer and follow its directions. It really is as simple as that, the only thing that can cause some issues is the detail of the model. The higher the detail, the longer it takes to unfold and the more pieces that can be created by the unfold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back