What Are Your Pre-Con Rituals?

I've been getting distracted by my Lady Rhea shield lately because it lights up so I just stand in the mirror for a while turning it on and off over and over lol. How long does a charge on the power banks usually last?
I have 2 power banks in my helmet. One of them has lasted 7 hours, the other has gone on for 8 hours before and still had charge left. I'm not sure what the full time on it is. I do know I'm not having the fans die at a con again.

What do you all include in your repair kits? I remember starting out I would pack like a giant bag full of stuff I never even used and now my repair kit fits into a one of those plastic pencil cases. I bring my small wireless hot glue gun, hot glue, electrical tape, a few strips of 2mm foam, safety pins, scissors, a seam ripper, back up nylon strips, some elastic, and white/black thread with a needle.

I have 2 power banks in my helmet. One of them has lasted 7 hours, the other has gone on for 8 hours before and still had charge left. I'm not sure what the full time on it is. I do know I'm not having the fans die at a con again.
That's a good long while, having them last that long is reassuring.

What do you all include in your repair kits? I remember starting out I would pack like a giant bag full of stuff I never even used and now my repair kit fits into a one of those plastic pencil cases. I bring my small wireless hot glue gun, hot glue, electrical tape, a few strips of 2mm foam, safety pins, scissors, a seam ripper, back up nylon strips, some elastic, and white/black thread with a needle.
I have a bigger kit that I keep in my hotel room most times that was inspired by Duke's repair kit post and grown more from there. Everything fits in a toolbox. For quick repairs on the con floor I just carry some electrical tape, cosbond cut into strips, and a small first aid kit in a pouch on my armor. Any repairs that needs more than that it's either time to go find a repair booth or walk back to my hotel room.

Id also bring some double sided fabric tape! I find its really useful when you need to stick something together but don't want/cant use the hot glue and you cant stich it together.

I thought I'd make this post as I get ready to leave for a weekend convention tomorrow! What are your pre-convention rituals? Besides gathering my cosplays and prep items, I will always paint my nails and clean my makeup brushes the day before con and within the week before a con I am usually dying my hair a new color. To prep myself mentally, I tend to write or play video games to clear my head. What do you guys like to do in the week before a convention to help you prepare or practice self care?
I haven't con to a "con", per say, but I have gone to GDEX and Origins as a volunteer, and I honestly just packed my lunch and went as-is. It will probably be different when I actually start going to actual cons. Especially once I have my armor and stuff.

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back