What Should I Start Out With?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arithen

Hi everyone. i've been looking on these forums for about a month now and i really want to get started, i did a quick test run with a pep piece and the average paper, which didnt turn out too terrible, but im picking up some better paper in a few days. SO! What do you guys recommend i start out with for my first actual piece? Something that's simple yet a bit challenging and wont take too too long. I really am eager to get a full body suit but i rather start with some smaller things and get used to all this before i take on the full thing.

any suggestions?

Weapons

props

armor bits

ANYTHING!

Handplates are a good starter, or those size tester pieces, as they have little to no detail whatsoever.

Well, very first pep, I'd say maybe something super-easy like a Frag Grenade. Past that, there's really no limit to what you'll be able to do. I did the ODST rookie helmet my second pep, so just get out there and pep whatever YOU want to build.

A grenade! that is a bit more interesting for me, and simple too. good suggestion.

I really dont have too much sway im my preference on what to try first. I do like the grenade offer though :D

my first time....hmmm... mark V. Good times....

I would go with whatever you like,

if you worked hard it should look like you want it to!

yeah i would do that, but reading some of the topics and looking at some of the very first ones of some people makes me want to get some practice before i move up to the more complex projects. I rather have the first few simple things turn out not so well and only take a few hours then a very long complex piece that turned out just as "not so well" and take a lot of time.

I suggest the Magnum off the wiki, it's kinda a pain in the arse but it's simple. It make's you think more because somethings don't use glue tabs ;) Note: You should have the pep file open when you're building also.

Roadwarrior said:
I suggest the Magnum off the wiki, it's kinda a pain in the arse but it's simple. It make's you think more because somethings don't use glue tabs ;) Note: You should have the pep file open when you're building also.

thats a good idea, i might try a few small firearms first :) why is it a pain?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not really the best thing to do on the forum... You shouldnt ask what you should build let alone post threads to ask a question... but anyways i suggest you start with something thats under five pages, like odst chest and equipment pieces, handplates, grenades, along the lines of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back