What's The Best Expanding Foam Product?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arithen

Ok, I've searched the forums, and looked through stickies. but no one ever goes in to detail which expanding foam product they use. (although with my luck i probably missed the topic) Can anyone tell me which Expanding Foam they prefer (this is for filling weapons)

I have no idea, but I would love it know lol

thanks for making this topic.

hopefully somebody replys lol

i think Potshot used foam for his SMG

but i dont remember what is really called

i think it is ''Great Stuff'' or something i dunno

Alex spartan177 said:
i think Potshot used foam for his SMG

but i dont remember what is really called

i think it is ''Great Stuff'' or something i dunno

Great stuff i recognize (I used to build terrariums for reptiles :D ) That's pretty good, and non-toxic! I guess ill be using that then :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghost147 said:
Great stuff i recognize (I used to build terrariums for reptiles :D ) That's pretty good, and non-toxic! I guess ill be using that then :)

if you are gonna used Great Stuff

PM me if its a good method so i can try it

on my weapons

Last edited by a moderator:
Will do skip! I may even have some out in the Garage somewhere. but knowing my luck, money is required.

God damnit! you couldnt have said that earlier? lol, great, not i have expanding retractable foam.

Well i dont plan on eating any of my guns afterwords, so i dont think toxicity should make too much of a difference. :D

Thanks!

There are a couple of different types of expanding foams.

There's the "in the can" Great stuff, it's made for sealing small cracks. It cures using water vapor in the air, so if you try to fill a big weapon all at once, the inside will stay mushy forever. Make sure you do it in small increments. Rinse out the top and the straw with acetone if you want your one-time-use can to turn into a use-until-it's-empty can. This foam will expand to about twice its size (Usually, some types expand more or less, make sure you read the label). It will, after it cures, contract slightly, due to "degassing", which is when the gases made during the curing process escape the cured foam. Spray the FULLY CURED foam with a coat of Latex or acrylic paint (Or any other paint that doesn't dissolve foam) to prevent this from happening. This foam cures stiff, and will break if you bend it.

There are then the fancy shmancy "Part A" and "Part B" foams. These react chemically with one another, and will not leave the center uncured, unless you mix them poorly. They are generally far more expensive, but can work better for large cavities. Some of these will cure stiff like Great Stuff, and others will cure to a flexible "Nerf-ball" feel. The flexible foams are generally more expensive, and should not be used for filling weapons. Again, read the specs of the foam before you buy, so you get what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back