Where To Get Materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

master mat88

Hey, I know this question may not be in the right place but can i just ask, where do I get the Cardstock, and how thick to get it, and would i need anything else besides just the cardstock. I am attempting to make halo 3 marine, I have never made Pepakura befor so i am Very new.

did you try using the search feature? This question has been asked, a lot of times.

Although this thread will hopefully be locked, you should go with the thickest card stock you can get to run through your printer. And to find out any other helpful tips, use the search key, it's right up there in the upper right hand corner of your tool bar, and if that doesn't do it for you, use Youtube, they have a TON of pepakura stuff and they talk!

ODST Marine said:
Hey, I know this question may not be in the right place but can i just ask, where do I get the Cardstock, and how thick to get it, and would i need anything else besides just the cardstock. I am attempting to make halo 3 marine, I have never made Pepakura befor so i am Very new.
No problem. I'm from the Q&A Team, and I'm here to help. Cardstock is pretty easy to find. Wal Mart carries it in the office supplies section. Look for the 110 lb stuff. As for the rest of your materials, I can provide a brief list, but you're better off checking the stickies in the Pepakura Forum, as they contain all the information you'll need. You'll need a respirator that is NIOSH rated for organic vapors, fiberglass matt or cloth, resin (commonly sold as fiberglass resin, it's actually polyester resin), plastic body filler, brushes, sandpaper, etc. It's quite a list, as you can see. All of these materials can be found at stores like Wal Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. Also, the October issue of the e-zine had a feature on pepakura, so you might want to read that. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or any other member of the Q&A team. Good luck.

EDIT: :cautious: And c'mon people, at least try to be a little helpful. We were all new here at some point. And the search feature is not always the most useful tool to use. Remember, the stickies are your friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to our little group. As UNSC said, it's quite a list. Use the stickies in the noob forum. Read them all. They will answer most of your questions. What they don't answer, the Q&A team is here to help you.

Phantom - lighten up. You are still a noob yourself and probably had the same questions. Help or shut up. Your post did nothing but turn someone away from staying here and being part of the community.

Lol, Not to worry, I will stay. Thanks UNSC. Great help but I live in Australia so there arnt no Walmarts. Rekon i could gets some Card from just a Office works, or just a Carft shop?

ODST Marine said:
Lol, Not to worry, I will stay. Thanks UNSC. Great help but I live in Australia so there arnt no Walmarts. Rekon i could gets some Card from just a Office works, or just a Carft shop?
Glad I could be of some assistance. I didn't know where you were from, so I went on the reasonable assumption that you were in North America. Ah, well. Can't be right every time. I don't know exactly what Office Works is, but from the sounds of it it's an office supply store. You should be able to find cardstock there without much problem. Since you live in Australia, you might consider PM'ing P0rtalman for assistance with finding products. He's another Aussie, and, conviently, a member of the Q&A team.

tlither said:
Welcome to our little group. As UNSC said, it's quite a list. Use the stickies in the noob forum. Read them all. They will answer most of your questions. What they don't answer, the Q&A team is here to help you.

Phantom - lighten up. You are still a noob yourself and probably had the same questions. Help or shut up. Your post did nothing but turn someone away from staying here and being part of the community.

Sorry it came off negative, wasn't meant to be. I am still a noob and I did have those exact same questions. Things that helped me out were looking at you tube and our video section here where everything was spelled out for you, and by using the stickies and the search function.

I'm not trying to hammer the guy, and I did want him to know what I had to learn. I had to buy a new printer to run 110lb cardstock. 65lb stuff ran fine, but 110 lb stuff always jammed it up for some reason. Other than that one bit of info, everything I know about pep I learned from people here on the site that could and did explain it better than I could.

EDIT: And ODST Marine, wasn't trying to be mean to you or anything like that, and so here's to hoping you didn't take offence by it bro. Hope you stick around, we need every marine, Mark Vi and ODST we can get if we ever want to pull off the most awsome flash-mob ever. (Some day. . . . some day. . . .)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back