WHS Red vs. Blue build (Very Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also you might have to change the visor on your helmet to black to match all the other characters.
P.S.- It looks like Tex and Doc are the only ones from the original blood gulch that we haven't seen in season 9.

What characters on RVB have black visors? I'm pretty sure they all have standard gold.

Ah, gotcha. I think he's going for more of a seasons 3-8 look. I could be wrong though.

With the MkVI suit that we finished, yes, we are going for the season 1-8 look. The kids suits will be season 9 built out of foam. Now if I can just work out the templates for everything.

On that note Carpathia, nice unfold on L3x's foam chest. Do you know if anyone got around to making any of the other armor pieces ready for foam?

With the MkVI suit that we finished, yes, we are going for the season 1-8 look. The kids suits will be season 9 built out of foam. Now if I can just work out the templates for everything.

On that note Carpathia, nice unfold on L3x's foam chest. Do you know if anyone got around to making any of the other armor pieces ready for foam?

I completely missed your update post saying that you were moving mediums to Reach foam builds until just now. I think that's a great idea. Less toxic materials to work with, probably quicker construction, definitely cheaper materials and the whole idea that the kids can later on customize their suits if they want to is the icing on the cake so to speak. I can't wait to see this!

Starvin, Best of luck with the foam builds for your students :) I think it will be a fun project for them. You guys gonna do the helmets out of foam as well??

Click here and scroll down till you see Halo Reach foam. L3X has several foam templates posted there.

Awesome Shore! I have no idea how I missed that in my search. :)

I completely missed your update post saying that you were moving mediums to Reach foam builds until just now. I think that's a great idea. Less toxic materials to work with, probably quicker construction, definitely cheaper materials and the whole idea that the kids can later on customize their suits if they want to is the icing on the cake so to speak. I can't wait to see this!

Yeah I kinda snuck that update in there. LOL I had the same thoughts. In the long run the foam really will be best.

Starvin, Best of luck with the foam builds for your students :) I think it will be a fun project for them. You guys gonna do the helmets out of foam as well??

Thanks man. We will still do helmets from pep. If we can raise enough money we may mold my helmet but that still depends on the money.

Edit: So I've been looking around for days and for the life of me I can not find decent reference images for the Reach armor. The costuming wiki has great MKVI reference images but nothing for the reach armor. Does anyone have a link for reference images? I'll keep looking and edit if I find them first.

Okay, so I know I said I was taking a break until school started but I really can't sit still at the apartment for long without needing to do something. So....

Here is what I did the past few nights.

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

This was just a practice to learn foam techniques and wrap my brain around the new way of doing things. There are a LOT of mistakes and it is just a tad big. (maybe 2-3 cm overall) When we begin to make the guys suits there will probably be some modifications to do. None of the guys or myself have the chest size to fill the model so we may trim out a little depth so the pieces fit a little better. This is one of the best things I've found about the foam. I can modify on the fly with little to no problems. Overall it came out well. I notice all the mistakes because its my nature but I don't think many others will notice. Heard from one of my guys today and I'll be printing out his helmet within the next day or so. Not much more than that for now. Doubt I'll paint this piece. I want to use it as an example while I'm showing others how to build this way.

Anyway, hope you guys like the teaser of things to come.

Wow! That looks great Starvin! I really don't notice too many problems. How was it working with foam? I still have yet to do that.

That is some very nice looking foam work, And you're not even to the sealant part yet. This should turn out looking just as good as you're last suit.

Holy cow man, geeze i dont get on for a week and you go and make another great piece of art lol. The foam looks great. Your right about not many people noticing mistakes. i didnt lol. Anyways, it looks great man. :)

Wow! That looks great Starvin! I really don't notice too many problems. How was it working with foam? I still have yet to do that.
Working with the foam was great. It does have a learning curve but L3xBluRivr's files are great. Once I got a handle on cutting the right angles for joints and altering pieces to fit the foam, it went really smoothly. Hot glue holds wonderfully but I'm beginning to hate working with the stuff. I have strings of glue EVERY where. LOL

That is some very nice looking foam work, And you're not even to the sealant part yet. This should turn out looking just as good as you're last suit.
Thanks. This was a test so I don't think I'll ever seal it. No need to waist supplies.
Holy cow man, geeze i dont get on for a week and you go and make another great piece of art lol. The foam looks great. Your right about not many people noticing mistakes. i didnt lol. Anyways, it looks great man. :)
haha, yeah my boredom does get the better of me. I can't take a break for long. Trust me there are a lot of mistakes that you can see in person but thanks for the compliment.

Oh and I am still trying to find HD reference images for Reach. Unfortunately I haven't learned to get Forge on 360 to my iMac yet but it looks like I'll have to if want any detail images of armor pieces in-game.

The Action figures seem to be some of the best ref. mat. I've seen.. I'll try looking up some links for you tho. I know that I have DL about 5 gig's of the stuff.

Here is the Square Enix site where they have several reach figures with pics. Hope it helps SA.

I have been reading through this thread over the course of about a week or so. Starvin, mate what you have achieved is phenomenal! My wife is actually finishing her study's to become an early childhood teacher and to quote her, " now THAT is a teacher!" Keep up the work mate, can't wait to see the rest of the suits.

Thanks guys. The link helped Shore. It's not exactly what I was looking for but it still does help. Thorn, thanks for looking man I really appreciate the effort. Aussie, tell your wife thank you, that is generous compliment. I hope her studies go well and she finishes strong. We need all the dedicated and passionate new teachers we can in the world.

School starts in about 2 1\2 weeks so. So I'm hoping we'll be starting on the student builds soon.

OK here's what I'll do this weekend I'll throw the 3D pic's that DL from the form up on Photobucket so you can get the ref pic. you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back