WHS Red vs. Blue build (Very Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very few and far between do I venture into the "Noob" forum, but I am even less often as pleasantly surprised as I am at this moment to have come across your thread. I commend your build and the involvement you have with the kids while both teaching artistic skills and bring their interest into our hobby.

I moved this thread out of the Noob forum, as there is definitely extreme amounts of win found within. Looking forward to you finished build.

~Walter

Congrats to the move Starvin! :)

I greatly appreciate the kind words and support, especially when it comes from veteran builders like yourselves. I certainly didn't expect to see the build out of the noob forum before I even made infantryman. :) Many thanks for the recognition. It means a lot to recieve the compliments, support, advice, and motivation from all the community and hopefully I can do you all justice.

With that in mind, here is today's update:
I had hoped to get more done on the chest piece but I needed a break day, so I relaxed a little and finished the painting on the shoulders.
Finished018.jpg

This means I have only the chest left to finish shaping and painting along with attaching boot armor to the actual wearable boots. The boots are proving to be slightly more complicated than I had anticipated. LOL It is always the simple things that surprise me. Once those steps are done, I only have to get the under armor and I will be able to call the first suit complete.

I'm going to be honest. I didn't expect this thread to last long in the NOOB forum. In fact, I'm surprised that it wasn't moved here sooner! Congrats! This build is looking awesome! I can't wait to see how the torso comes together and what the finished suit will look like.

Well this update came as no shock. With the amazing work that you have put into this build time and time again, it had to get noticed. Congrats to the move. As for the shoulders the paint looks amazing and its nice to see this build starting to come together.

Well this update came as no shock. With the amazing work that you have put into this build time and time again, it had to get noticed. Congrats to the move. As for the shoulders the paint looks amazing and its nice to see this build starting to come together.

Thanks again Thorn. Motivation from builders like yourself is what keeps me working.

And as a thank you here is another milestone update:

The chest is finished. :)
Finished023-1.jpg

Finished024.jpg

That completes all the external armor work. I have some minor padding work and then the under-suit work. I hope to have pictures wearing the suit soon. But until then here are all the pieces laid out.
Finished022.jpg

Sweet it's nice to see all the parts together. I can't wait to see it worn, and even more eager to see all the kids in their armor once it's assembled

SA, it looks fabulous buddy. You have really come a long way. Bravo!!!

Very few and far between do I venture into the "Noob" forum, but I am even less often as pleasantly surprised as I am at this moment to have come across your thread. I commend your build and the involvement you have with the kids while both teaching artistic skills and bring their interest into our hobby.

I moved this thread out of the Noob forum, as there is definitely extreme amounts of win found within. Looking forward to you finished build.

~Walter

YAY!!!

Congrats Starvin, you deserve it :-D
and YAY! again on finishing the armor. All i have to say is Righteous! The armor looks fantastic. I cant wait to see you wearing it. lol And then when the kids get theirs finished and you are all wearing them.... Pure awesome! lol Good job man, Be proud.

Looks amazing Starvin! Seeing this made me get my butt out of the house and into the garage to work on my stuff today!

Sweet it's nice to see all the parts together. I can't wait to see it worn, and even more eager to see all the kids in their armor once it's assembled

SA, it looks fabulous buddy. You have really come a long way. Bravo!!!

YAY!!!

Congrats Starvin, you deserve it :-D
and YAY! again on finishing the armor. All i have to say is Righteous! The armor looks fantastic. I cant wait to see you wearing it. lol And then when the kids get theirs finished and you are all wearing them.... Pure awesome! lol Good job man, Be proud.

Looks amazing Starvin! Seeing this made me get my butt out of the house and into the garage to work on my stuff today!

Thanks again for the kind words everyone. I couldn't help myself today so I tried everything on for some pictures. I have a few details still to work out, like the midsection for one. I want to hide the strap there. Not sure exactly what I'll do yet but I have plenty of time till Halloween. (gotta get some sit-ups in the routine as well LOL) I hope you all enjoy the results of the hard work.

20110729_0335.jpg

20110729_0334.jpg

20110729_0333.jpg

I also want to fix up the padding on the COD piece so it rests in the right spot. Right now its sitting too low. In the long run I may remake the piece slightly bigger so I will be long enough in the front and be a little wider in the rear. (Lord I sound like a chick. I do not envy you ladies at all) I also need to work in the LEDs throughout the body armor. But all-in-all I'm extremely happy with how it looks right now.

And just for the fun of it I spent a little time in Photoshop:
Sarge-002.jpg

Welcome to the Red Team ;D

Looks so good. I'm kinda jealous! Guess I better get into my garage and do work! Congrats on finishing the suit!

absolutely amazing i was trying to get a bunch of friends to do red vs blue but i was the only one commited to making anything (also sounding like a chick) its really great to see it come to life great work

Thanks again for the kind words everyone. I couldn't help myself today so I tried everything on for some pictures. I have a few details still to work out, like the midsection for one. I want to hide the strap there. Not sure exactly what I'll do yet but I have plenty of time till Halloween. (gotta get some sit-ups in the routine as well LOL) I hope you all enjoy the results of the hard work.

Sarge-002.jpg

Looking totally Epic man! Fantastic to see it finished! And like Macattack said, Welcome to Red team! (Even if I'm now a filthy freelancer ;) )

For sit ups, you need them far less than I do! Check my fatty sarge thread and you'll see, you look great in it dude!

Well I'd like to take the time to say Thank you for not letting us down on this build. It's awesome all the way around, and it not even finished yet you say. Wow....That means its only going to get better from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah! As soon as I saw your avatar I hopped right to this thread!

Awesome suit man! And for a first suit! It looks like someones third one!

I would name the things I like about it but the list would be far too long...

Great great work!

Holy Snikey's SA!!! That is SSSSiiiiiCCCCkkkkkkk! You look fabulous! Awesome work buddy!

Looking totally Epic man! Fantastic to see it finished! And like Macattack said, Welcome to Red team! (Even if I'm now a filthy freelancer ;) )

For sit ups, you need them far less than I do! Check my fatty sarge thread and you'll see, you look great in it dude!

Thanks to everyone> I'm glad you like the results. It makes all the hard work worth it. Sutekhian: thanks for that, but to be honest the pics do a decent job of hiding the spare tire. Underarmor is not always your friend. LOL

So here is the still-to-do list:
1) Re-pad the COD so it sits in the right place.
2) Mount LEDs throughout the suit.
3) Rework the boot mounting. I may add soles similar to what Sutekhian did.
5) Start detailing the under-suit. Really need to figure out the midsection to hide straps.
6) Finish the SPNKR build.
7) Build a shotgun to complete Sarge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back