WIP: Full set of Halo 3 variant helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of an update, finished redoing the Security pep work, slightly warped but hoping I'll be able to smooth it out enough. Got to remember to be far far more careful with the rondo this time!

Photo-1108.jpg

Much love for my Plasma pistol, was well worth buying!

Photo-1109.jpg

(The EVA in this pic is an old test one I did to see the scale and give my friend physical reference for his modelling)

EDIT

adding pics of CQB and EVA shoulder pieces in progress.

Photo-1122.jpg

Close up of the EVA with detailing added

Photo-1121.jpg

Attachments

• Photo-1108.jpg
    Photo-1108.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Photo-1109.jpg
    Photo-1109.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Photo-1122.jpg
    Photo-1122.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 102
  • Photo-1121.jpg
    Photo-1121.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 112
Next one is underway, the HD EVA helm, pic has the old Lo-Def on the left and new Hi-Def on the right. The Hi-Def is still in progress and I'll post more pics as it's done.

EVAbuild.jpg

Attachments

• EVAbuild.jpg
    EVAbuild.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 110
That EVA is siiiiiick!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on that eventually... Your work is all so clean, very little if any warping or sloppiness anywhere. Well done! :cool

Thanks! I'll be putting priority onto getting that one cast and finished before the others so I can release the files asap :) And thanks again, using thinner card than planned so I'm really taking my time with every little fold at the mo.

Wow, awesome progress dude.

And what WETA interpretation? I've never seen an EVA from WETA ._.

Edit: Nevermind, I looked it up.
Wow, those are awesome.
But we make better, for cheaper here :)

Looks Great. Could you send me reference pictures for the cqc and masterchief helmet?

Thanks :) And can do when I get home, PM me you email address and I'll send you what ref pics I've got.

Wow, awesome progress dude.

Thanks very much! EVA's got as far as the brim at the back, a few more nasty details to do back there so hoping to have it pepped tonight / tomorrow ready for resining.

But we make better, for cheaper here :)

That we surely do! And ours is life-sized and wearable at least ;)

UPDATE: EVA helm pepped

Right that's the HD Weta EVA helm finished pepping, and what a beaut it was to do! A few really tough niggly bits to get at one-handed in there lol! Heading outside now to start resining so here's a few pics:

Photo-1136.jpg

Photo-1135.jpg

Photo-1134.jpg

Now just the ODST to do, I'll start that one on the weekend I think ;)

Attachments

• Photo-1134.jpg
    Photo-1134.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Photo-1135.jpg
    Photo-1135.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Photo-1136.jpg
    Photo-1136.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 95
Well put the EVA on top of my old chest to see how it looks, possibly slightly large but only a cm or two so I'm ok with it as-is, especially as I'll be rebuilding the chest slightly larger anyway for a better fit.

Photo-1141.jpg

I got fairly far through my ODST one before finding it was just that little bit too small... I'll finish it later and either hand it to my wee bro or post it to NZ for the girly. Just printed out a fresh one using Rhinoc's so we'll see how that goes...

Photo-1149.jpg

Attachments

• Photo-1141.jpg
    Photo-1141.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Photo-1149.jpg
    Photo-1149.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 86
Nah, that EVA looks perfect! It'll look far mor proportional when your head's in there and with the gap of your neck. Now finish dat thang up! Everybody is dying to pep that... Looking sick! Keep it going/!

Coolio, thanks Boba :) I've got more Bondo on order so as soon as that arrives I'll get to rondoing and detailing the EVA, then if I don't eat for a week or so I can afford the mould-making gear...

to bad your so far away. Are you planning to cast and sell these?

The work looks stunning. I'm wanting a similair collection :D

Takagari I'm certainly planning on casting them as I'm intending to make a pair of suits later and may make a limited run of casts dependent on how tough I find it :)

Thanks very much, just take your time and work through one after the other and you'll get there!

Quick update: Got a fair bit of Rhinoc's ODST done, unfortunately I got a fair bit of warpage in a few bits but I'm hoping I can iron that out in the bondo stages rather than starting again as the long thin sections are fiddly to do one-handed! The fit seems much better this time as well thankfully :)

Photo-1158.jpg

Attachments

• Photo-1158.jpg
    Photo-1158.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 89
I'm not sure if Rhinoc's varient is my favorite... there is a lot of extra detail there that just isn't necessary. Not bashing rhinoc, it's a great model, but it;s HARD. I'd recommend hugh holder's v.2 ODST helm personally, or Kirrou's helm. Hugh's is my favorite though. It also looks a bit small on you, maybe 10 mm taller? Hard to judge it without being able to see your face. Lookin good!

I'm not sure if Rhinoc's varient is my favorite... there is a lot of extra detail there that just isn't necessary. Not bashing rhinoc, it's a great model, but it;s HARD.

I was liking NZ-TK's version for looks but to scale it up enough for my massive head would mean I'd have to trim a few bits and mess around a lot, maybe next time.

I'd recommend hugh holder's v.2 ODST helm personally, or Kirrou's helm. Hugh's is my favorite though.

Don't think I've seen those yet, I'll check them out thanks :D

It also looks a bit small on you, maybe 10 mm taller? Hard to judge it without being able to see your face. Lookin good!

Hmm, on the inside I have just about enough space, it's slightly taller than my Mk VI, and it's still to get the actual chinpiece so that may be what throws the look a little... We shall see!

speakin of wich, how are you gonna do the cqb visor, cause I kinda wanna make one to but idk how to do the visor part.

For the CQB one I htink it's just a case of finding a bike visor with the right curve to fit right, my previous CQB I used a normal iridium visor and it looked ok, just a bit more of a gap then planned, with the right curvature it hould be fine, maybe a full-face one would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back