Wip Halo 3 Cortana Cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
{Cortana said:
After I PM'd you, I realized I had seen you on cos.com. ^^; I love your Cortana cosplay, it's so beautiful!

Thanks!! Hehe it was fun. Do you have a cosplay.com account?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE({Cortana @ Jun 13 2009, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hehe, thank you! That wig is my pride and joy, but alas, I'm going to sell it and start over. I found an even better one that I plan to commission godsavethequeenfashions for. But, yeah, buy the wig from that ebay seller "ProfessionalOnly", I highly recommend them. :) The beads were measured and cut to length, then glued in top and bottom. I did plan to sew them in, but they moved around way too much. ><</div>
Aw okay. Hahaa I see. Can't wait to see your new wig then!

Last edited by a moderator:
{Cortana said:
Thank you very much! I have, but I really don't think it would look right since Cortana has an overall glow, not just concentrated areas of light, that and it would be waaay too expensive, lol. I am however going to add the white coding in a reflective paint.

See if you can get a hold of some of the blue glow in the dark paint. I believe that i's very close to the lycra color and would glow insanely well under a black light, adding some mythic to the already epic win! :D

Hmmm... Exceedingly well done cortana costume. Seems like you are a die hard cortana fan to the core, and have every aspect completed. The code addition would make the costume perfect, when you find time.

Nice quote by the way, but I actually prefer "This is the way the world ends"

:lol:

Calliopeia said:
Thanks!! Hehe it was fun. Do you have a cosplay.com account?
Aw okay. Hahaa I see. Can't wait to see your new wig then!

Yup, I go by Liquidfire3 both on cosplay.com and deviantArt.com. :)

BFDesigns said:
See if you can get a hold of some of the blue glow in the dark paint. I believe that i's very close to the lycra color and would glow insanely well under a black light, adding some mythic to the already epic win! :D
The only problem with that idea is paint does stiffen the fabric, and when it does that it won't fit as snug as it does when it stretches. Good suggestion though. ;)

U83R 8UDDH4 said:
Hmmm... Exceedingly well done cortana costume. Seems like you are a die hard cortana fan to the core, and have every aspect completed. The code addition would make the costume perfect, when you find time.

Nice quote by the way, but I actually prefer "This is the way the world ends"

:lol:

Thank you. Yup, I was a fan of Cortana loooong before I ever played Halo. Soon, very soon this cosplay will be finished. Most likely by the end of July.

That's also a good one. My other fav is "Could you sacrifice me to complete your mission? Could you watch me die?"

{Cortana said:
The only problem with that idea is paint does stiffen the fabric, and when it does that it won't fit as snug as it does when it stretches. Good suggestion though. ;)
How 'bout this stuff?: Invisible Effect UV Blue Textile Ink. They sell by the kilo and will ship internationally, but this is an ink so it won't crack or stiffen the fabric. there are also latex based glow paints out on the market as well that will stretch with the fabric like acrylic paints.

BFDesigns said:
How 'bout this stuff?: Invisible Effect UV Blue Textile Ink. They sell by the kilo and will ship internationally, but this is an ink so it won't crack or stiffen the fabric. there are also latex based glow paints out on the market as well that will stretch with the fabric like acrylic paints.
Oooooo, soooo tempting. Maybe I'll think about adding that after GenCon, I've got a couple other cosplays I need to finish by then, so money is going to be kinda tight. ;) Thanks for the link!

*UPDATE*

I think this is it! Cortana will be 100% finished by Indy GenCon!!! And I have been working out lately, so I will have a better body to show off in such a tight suit. :p

I finally got emails from two people I have commissioned for a new wig and a latex body armor chest piece, saying they will have my stuff to me in time. I had given up hope for awhile since I had to wait so long to contact them due to lack of funds, but I must say, they really pulled through for me, I definitely recommend them. :)

Here is the body armor I ordered from http://www.xtremedesignfx.com/sculpts.htm I plan to glue underneath the suit, to give off the appearance of being...suitless. :oops: I got the idea from another cosplayer who was dressing up as StarFire from the comic version of Teen Titans.

(no, that is not me in the pic)

femalechestbig.jpg

That one is going to be cut a little too close for my taste, but I will have a decent amount of time to put it all together. He said he will have it to me by August 7th, as I requested.

And here's the uber awesome wig I commissioned from http://www.godsavethequeenfashions.com (yes, this is wig #3 for me, I am that obsessive) that I should have sometime next week.

2015057.jpg

I do plan to add the same beading as seen in my last one. The really cool thing about this one is it has purple tinsel highlights, which will really show up in photos! Why change wigs you ask when I already have a really nice one made by myself? Well, I made quite the screw ups on my last one that didn't surface till I saw the pics from my photoshoot for the 405th. For one, I cut the back fibers way too short, and it left some ugly bare spots; and as much as I love the color, it sometimes photographs reddish purple. >.<

But rest assured, this is the LAST wig I will have for Cortana. ;)

So that's it for now, look for pics of all this exciting stuff in the next coming weeks!

As usual primo stuff Grace, I did an interview with Hawty McBloggy for the Source going up in a few days and you came up again. You really impressed alot of people with this one, keep us updated :)

Cheers,

Kensai

kensai111 said:
As usual primo stuff Grace, I did an interview with Hawty McBloggy for the Source going up in a few days and you came up again. You really impressed alot of people with this one, keep us updated :)

Cheers,

Kensai

Thanks kensai. :) Wow, really? That is very flattering. If I got that much attention for an unfinished cosplay, I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I do finish it. :eek

*UPDATE*

Hey everyone! Well, after weeks and weeks, I finally have a few updates for you all. The most exciting, I got my new wig!!! It is by far the BEST investment I've made in this outfit, it is so much better than the other one. The fibers are nice and soft, the wig is not stiff and rigid, it actually flows like real hair; and there is glitter strands sewn into the hair! I plan to add the same beads that are in my previous wig too, to make it even more pixel-y. Here's a few pics taken by the girl who made it for me:

[attachment=11013:cortana02.jpg][attachment=11014:cortana05.jpg]

And here's some pics of me wearing the wig with the suit. I have to say I am very proud of myself, I've been walking to work lately, and working out every other night, so I'm alot less pudgy in the suit. ^^:

[attachment=11015:p1010030.jpg][attachment=11016:p1010033.jpg][attachment=11017:p1010034.jpg]

And here's all the makeup I have acquired so far, I still have a few things to pick up this week:

[attachment=11018:p1010035.jpg]

My makeup will look 110% better this time since I actually know what I'm doing, lol. I FINALLY found blue lipstick, you'd be surprised as to how hard it is to track down. >.< I'll be wearing a few layers of facial makeup, and adding a layer of glitter thanks to the suggestions of a few members here. I also found a great tutorial on youtube for the eye makeup that I think will fit perfectly!

I also got word that my latex chest piece was shipped out yesterday, so hopefully I'll get that in time to glue it to the suit.

Aaaand, I turned in an application for the costume contest! I highly doubt I made it in, I'm probably on a waiting list since I just mailed it in like 2 days before the deadline, lol. But, if that does pan out, please come and watch! It's on Sat, around 4pm. ^-^

Some bad news. Due to my lack of time left and having so many other important things to do before GenCon, I will only be bringing Cortana along. I did have plans to bring along FFVII AC Aerith and Zero Suit Samus, but I don't think it's going to happen. Cortana is my most important cosplay atm, and I want her to be 100% perfect for this con.

Well, that's it for now, I'll be posting a few more updates this weekend, mainly a few makeup tests and some wig pics after I tweak with it a bit.

looks good . isaw in that one pitcure you animated in an index. if you go to the halo costuming wiki they have a link to print out a pepakura index. I had made one myself and it turned out great.

The detail you have on it looks really good. I like it. THe back would definately seem like the hardest to do since you don't see too many shots of Cortana's back. But there is that ONE shot towards the end of H3 when Master Chief is in that ship and you get a shot of Cortana's back for a brief moment. I actually have a screenshot of that moment.

I have thought about doing Cortana as well, BUT I wanted to take a much different approach and probably one that would require A LOT of guts and I would need a really good artist..........I wanted to actually PAINT myself and not wear any type of bodysuit. XD Of course I would have some sort of clothing for the obvious places, (duh!) lol, but I doubt I will ever get to try this since I do not know of any other artist around me that can paint really good.

I am looking forward to seeing the finished costume, it should be amazing.

@HaloGoddess You could always take the approach they used for Mystique on X-men and use blue paint and strategically glued pieces of prosthetic appliance. That would indeed take guts.

HaloGoddess said:
The detail you have on it looks really good. I like it. THe back would definately seem like the hardest to do since you don't see too many shots of Cortana's back. But there is that ONE shot towards the end of H3 when Master Chief is in that ship and you get a shot of Cortana's back for a brief moment. I actually have a screenshot of that moment.

I have thought about doing Cortana as well, BUT I wanted to take a much different approach and probably one that would require A LOT of guts and I would need a really good artist..........I wanted to actually PAINT myself and not wear any type of bodysuit. XD Of course I would have some sort of clothing for the obvious places, (duh!) lol, but I doubt I will ever get to try this since I do not know of any other artist around me that can paint really good.

Around about when Halo3 was released there was a European video game site that did just that and painted a model blue with latex applique where you would expect it to be. And from what I understand about the various body paints out there all you really need to get the desired affect is a steady hand.

unsc anubis 117 said:
looks good . isaw in that one pitcure you animated in an index. if you go to the halo costuming wiki they have a link to print out a pepakura index. I had made one myself and it turned out great.

Oh yes! I was planning on making one, even lit up with LEDs. :D

HaloGoddess said:

Thank you! Yeah, funny story about the back of the suit. when I was rushing to get this finished for the Halo Wars release, all I had were partial views of the back, so I improved most of what you see. Then, a few weeks later, I found out that you can search through screenshots on bungie.net (hey, I had a n00b moment, lol). *facepalm* So I was just glad that what I did was pretty accurate. :p

Oh wow, that would be really awesome! But yeah, you'd have to have a REALLY good artist to assist you, or else it just wouldn't look right. That, and you would only be able to go to cons that would reach temps of 75 or more, lol. But if you do ever attempt that, I wish you the best of luck! and I wants pics. :D

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
I am looking forward to seeing the finished costume, it should be amazing.

@HaloGoddess You could always take the approach they used for Mystique on X-men and use blue paint and strategically glued pieces of prosthetic appliance. That would indeed take guts.

It's almost done! I'm a little behind schedule, but nothing to worry about.

P32 said:
Around about when Halo3 was released there was a European video game site that did just that and painted a model blue with latex applique where you would expect it to be. And from what I understand about the various body paints out there all you really need to get the desired affect is a steady hand.

I remember that. To be honest, for the money and everything that they had at their disposal, they didn't do all that great of a job. The markings were all inaccurate, the model's bodyshape was all wrong, and I heard somewhere that they actually didn't really paint her blue, they just added the blue tint in Photoshop. :/

*More UPDATES!!*

So I did another makeup test last night, this time with all my REALLY nice makeup, and it turned out so much better than before! (please mind I didn't do everything I plan to do for GenCon, there's a few minor things I skipped) And I SWEAR there is NO shopping in the after pic, that's exactly what it looks like, and wow my eyes are really blue! O__O

Before & After

[attachment=11184:100_1269.jpg][attachment=11185:p1010033 (2).jpg]

And a few more pics. I have to say that those fake lashes make all the difference:

P1010032.jpg
P1010038.jpg

And I got my latex chest piece last Thursday! The guy I ordered it from was so nice and very prompt. Here's a few lulzy pics of what it looks like:

P1010039.jpg
P1010040.jpg

I plan to glue the fabric of my suit directly to the latex piece, to give off the nude body appearance. After that, I will be adding the coding lines.

So that's about it for tonight, I have ALOT to get done tomorrow besides my Cortana cosplay, then we leave for Indianapolis on Tues!

omg you gave me so many ideas for me to drag my friend along for HALOween this year your just full of awesomeness

Looking spectacular, all GREAT investments, we'll have to do an update of the new pics when you're done. Please get a few good ones for us at the Source <3

Cheers,

Kensai

Namauri said:
omg you gave me so many ideas for me to drag my friend along for HALOween this year your just full of awesomeness

Aww, thanks! Good luck with all that! ^-^

Tool said:
I guess it's not easy being blue after all LOL. good job!

LOL, definitely not.

kensai111 said:
Looking spectacular, all GREAT investments, we'll have to do an update of the new pics when you're done. Please get a few good ones for us at the Source <3

Cheers,

Kensai

Of course, I'll be updating you and Hawty Mcbloggy as well. ;)

Adam said:
This is fun. Can't wait to see it done.

Hehe, thanks! I should have another update later tonight with the finished suit. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back