[WIP] M73 Light Machine Gun

CosplayInClutch

Hello all,

I figured id make a separate build thread for the M73 that I'm making. I plan to have it done by Dragon Con, but time will tell.
I got the file from discord, so I'm not sure who's it is, but the mag is from D3lta that I modified to fit this gun

1692420470733.png

The Print in total for all parts is going to take 8 days of print time.
1692420500296.png

I added a whole through the middle of the model for a 1/2 inch rod, either aluminum or wooden dowel
1692420554286.png

I also went in and modeled a hole for some magnets in the mag well, these will ensure that the box mag stays in when i attach a steel plate to the top of it, and will allow me to change out mags.
1692420676959.png

i also have some decals i custom designed for this that ill post later.

I love seeing large prop weapons being made! Will the rod be threaded anywhere, so you can disassemble the weapon for easy transport, or is it gonna be one monolithic piece (aside from the box mag) when you’re done?

I love seeing large prop weapons being made! Will the rod be threaded anywhere, so you can disassemble the weapon for easy transport, or is it gonna be one monolithic piece (aside from the box mag) when you’re done?
I'd love to make it so I could break it down but unfortunately not on this one.
I'm actually thinking about making another one that's bigger since this one seems a but small so far.
So I might make one that's even bigger down the road and them just use this one for a spartan.

Pretty much done with printing. Stopping to get a dowel rod tomorrow on my way home from work and she aught to be ready for sanding and filler primer. Would like to get a bipod on it but the time for that has passed.
PLEASE i CANNOT handle another project rn, you cannot tempt me like this.

This looks so good already! Can't wait to see paint on this bad boy

I got steel bar stock for the top of the box mag for those magnets, I was actually able to find some in the exact size I needed.
20230826_005621.jpg

I also grabbed and aluminum 1/2in rod to use as my pegs and the support rod that I added to inside the gun
20230826_005603.jpg
20230826_005644.jpg

The top sight thing, that "links" to the Visor is also 3d printed, so this gun has some weight to it, but once done its gonna look goooood

20230826_005515.jpg
20230826_005520.jpg

And here it is all "put together" I'm waiting on gluing so that I can sand some of the parts without having to fumble with the entire thing

20230826_005505.jpg

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back