Wiring LED TO helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
since this topic is regarding lighting,

could anyone shed some light on EL tape and reliable sources to purchase inch thick strips of EL tape? (not the wire).
Also wonder if anyone knows how to wire it all together.

I need some for my sangheili build and im struggling to find a reliable online provider.

ebay? It also goes by the name EL strip.

idk, just do a google search. Find a place, then type it's website address back into google and see if people have complained about them.

Hi everyone

I am twelve (yes, i am twelve) and am living in beijing, china right now. I have about zero resources that everyone talks about on this thread

Is there ANYTHING cheaper or less complicated than the previous methods????

THanks!

p.s. does anyone know a cheap and simple way to add those tiny little lights that are on the C.E. shoulders, thighs, backpack and chest???
THanks! (again)

Hi everyone

I am twelve (yes, i am twelve) and am living in beijing, china right now. I have about zero resources that everyone talks about on this thread

Is there ANYTHING cheaper or less complicated than the previous methods????

THanks!

p.s. does anyone know a cheap and simple way to add those tiny little lights that are on the C.E. shoulders, thighs, backpack and chest???
THanks! (again)
You could try glow in the dark material, but other than that, LEDs are your best choice. Is there a Radio Shack in China? They sell LEDs for cheap. At my local Radio Shack, one LED costs about 1.50 USD. The large high brightness LEDs cost about 2.50 - 3.00 USD each.

Nah, there isn't a radio shack, but I could probably find some glow in the dark material, thanks for the suggestion!!!!!

-Delta

I can offer my services if people need it. Get what you need, ship me it if you want, ill slap it all together and ship it back. Send me a PM if you your interested.

very simple way, would be to get your hands on 1$ small lightbulbs, and a AA battery, connect the two and it should light up, if you want it to be colored, find some sort of filter, thin piece of transparent colored plastic, all in all it should work but i dont think it would look fantastic

@ThatDecade Do you know much about Batteries? In particular, hobby batteries such as the types that power RC cars.
Sure do, can use one of those batteries. 7.2 and 9.6V ones are common. Use the charger that it comes with. If you can get the matching connector, you can plug the RC battery directly into your suit. Then you just need to figure out the correct resistors to add between the battery and LEDs. 12V fan can be connected direct to the 9.6V battery.

If you don't already have an RC battery, I recommend this Lipoly Kit. Is smaller, priced right, and comes with everything you need.
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9876

Sure do, can use one of those batteries. 7.2 and 9.6V ones are common. Use the charger that it comes with. If you can get the matching connector, you can plug the RC battery directly into your suit. Then you just need to figure out the correct resistors to add between the battery and LEDs. 12V fan can be connected direct to the 9.6V battery.

If you don't already have an RC battery, I recommend this Lipoly Kit. Is smaller, priced right, and comes with everything you need.

I need to power a RGB controller along with RGB strips attached to it. I am trying to figure out which battery to get. Here is the controller I have: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...ion=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/LDRF-RGB4-A.htm

I'll probally run around 10 or so strips. I'm trying to get atleast 3 hours of operation.

Standard AC christmas lights for hanging on a house (not LED) can run direct connected to a 9V .

K.Ramna, I'm not familiar with those. You will have to consult with the manufacturer on the number of LEDs your running to find out what size battery to use. From the specifications, I see it asks for a 25W 12V power source. Sounds like it will be either bulky or expensive to power.

Perfecto, a 8 AA batter holder. They sell those at radioshack. Can either wire direct into your controller, or find 5.5mm barrel jack.

Edit:
The batteries that burst into flames are not the normal types. They are the high density expensive batteries.

What is a good solder Iron to buy? One that is not too expensive. I bought a 3 dollar solder Iron on Ebay from China and it sucks.

If your serious about soldering, this is the solder station I use. Costs ~$40 plus shipping.
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9672

Temp controlled is nice, but is overkill for most people. All you really need is the $5 - $10 solder iron from the hardware store and a little patience. There are some very good how to solder videos on youtube.

Thanks for the info. I gotta finish my LED install and fix my AC jack in my laptop. (it came loose). I think my problem with my first solder iron was that I wasn't cleaning the tip so it wouldn't melt the solder.

Broken Links

Cant see the pics, I am sure this WAS a great tutorial. But I cant make heads or tails of it since all the pics are not visible.

Should prolly fix.

Cant see the pics, I am sure this WAS a great tutorial. But I cant make heads or tails of it since all the pics are not visible.

Should prolly fix.
I have to agree with Titan, lots of broken links to images or no images at all and lots of broken emo-con links. Please fix this someone. I use diagrams and images to help me with my projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back