WoW Frostmourne Blade Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3llbound

Sup guys, i've been meaning to post this for some time. I sent this in for a weaponsmithing contest. Hope you guys enjoy!

Frostmourne___WoW_by_Laitz1.jpg

Looks really cool and the pepakura is really neat. One question, is there something that makes it firm on the inside so you can swing it around or is it just paper?

Holy Crap Man!! That's Epic!!!! ;) Slayer of the lifeless(fortold by salzman). What is it made out of?

As epic as that sword is it dares not compare or even attempt to! This is frostmourne, blade of the evil lich king, greatest raid boss ever invented! Cataclysm is lame

yah i stopped playin wow a long time ago, but naxx was awesome, i'm gonna have to find this pep file i think it'll go great with my chief costume. lets do some math. master chief = awesome, frostmourne = awesome. both together = even more awesome lol.

thanks guys, its made out of cardstock. i cut out a model of the blade on some cardboard and put it for support and i used drum sticks for the handle

I have also thought about making a papercraft frostmourn but decided to go against it and make one called "the last laugh" from wow, That and I have the $500 casted one from epic weapons. Granted it is a little difficult to swing around a 2 handed 60 lb sword like a papercraft thing.

i dont know what it is about that picture but i just screams photoshop at me =/. with something that awesome you would have to have a picture of you holding it

I have quite the suspicion that this is quite photo shopped. Angles on the blade seem way to crisp, if you had great pep I could see it but there also seems to be no drops or areas with resin built up. Also, the ground looks to have proper lighting with a flash from a camera. If a flash is there that shadow especially around the handle would not be as prominent as it is, should be more washed out.

I again could be wrong. If I am, I would love to see some photos of you holding it. You do have a timer on your camera right?

I have quite the suspicion that this is quite photo shopped. Angles on the blade seem way to crisp, if you had great pep I could see it but there also seems to be no drops or areas with resin built up. Also, the ground looks to have proper lighting with a flash from a camera. If a flash is there that shadow especially around the handle would not be as prominent as it is, should be more washed out.

I again could be wrong. If I am, I would love to see some photos of you holding it. You do have a timer on your camera right?

Doesn't look shopped to me, if you look closely you can see sections where the joins aren't 100% perfect so the white of the tabs shows for example on the big horns above the handle, on the main spikes that stick out at the bottom of the blade and down and right of the skull in the centre.

Nice photoshop job, lighting and shadows dont match and give the game away straight away.

Anyone doubt me, the light on the background is coming from the camera position but the shadow from the sword onto the backdrop shows the light is coming from left of shot. The pixel density is out and the files summery gives the focal length of 8mm, lol.

Nice photoshop job, lighting and shadows dont match and give the game away straight away.

Anyone doubt me, the light on the background is coming from the camera position but the shadow from the sword onto the backdrop shows the light is coming from left of shot. The pixel density is out and the files summery gives the focal length of 8mm, lol.

Yup, because the pep model doesn't exist or can't be built...

The pic below that I took earlier today must be a shop too I guess :(

Photo-1342.jpg

The detail on the blade looks odd because it's the game texture expanded to fit on a life-size print of the model. And tbh the shadows and lighting looks consistent to me, the blade itself looks weird because the shading/texture is printed on, it looks weird irl.

As the freelance graphic artist who did my EVA helm said when I showed him earlier "the blurrry texture screams dodgy to me, but if it were printed like that, that'd explain it. Not shopped, but looks ropey as ****, the lightsourcing baked into it does'nt help."

It'll be interesting to see other pics from the owner tbh as his builds cleaner than mine and complete, mines just the blade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back