Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually I think the shoulders look about the right size.

I was waiting for someone to build those new shoulders to see what they look like, you did a good job

A while ago, someone posted a .pdo of the leg pouch worn by Buck and the others, but the detail was pretty lacking. I had been working on this at the time and thought I'd go ahead and share my version of the leg pouch. It's not 100% accurate, but it's pretty close. I don't currently own the pep designer, so I don't have an unfold of this model, but I can put the .kmz file used to import it into designer. Feel free to unfold and distribute as you see fit. Here is the link to the file.

DSC03818.jpg

DSC03817.jpg

This final model went through a few different versions. I originally started with the side pouch on the MKVI cod piece and reworked it. This picture shows the progress from MKVI side pouch on the top left, then clockwise to the final version.

DSC03821.jpg

Also, a quick update on Buck's comm attachment. I've gotten the electronics installed and the black primer coat on ready for painting when I get to painting my helmet.

DSC03823.jpg

carpathiavh99 said:
A while ago, someone posted a .pdo of the leg pouch worn by Buck and the others, but the detail was pretty lacking. I had been working on this at the time and thought I'd go ahead and share my version of the leg pouch. It's not 100% accurate, but it's pretty close. I don't currently own the pep designer, so I don't have an unfold of this model, but I can put the .kmz file used to import it into designer. Feel free to unfold and distribute as you see fit. Here is the link to the file.

DSC03818.jpg

DSC03817.jpg

This final model went through a few different versions. I originally started with the side pouch on the MKVI cod piece and reworked it. This picture shows the progress from MKVI side pouch on the top left, then clockwise to the final version.

DSC03821.jpg

Also, a quick update on Buck's comm attachment. I've gotten the electronics installed and the black primer coat on ready for painting when I get to painting my helmet.

DSC03823.jpg

holy ____ that is nice i wish i would resin and fiber glass down here, i hate winter.

good luck though looking really nice

-cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been pretty cold here in Illinois too. I've been using Pour-On resin to resin and glass my projects lately. It's a pretty good resin and has almost no odor, so good for indoor use, but it takes FOREVER to cure. So, only small projects during the winter here.

Anubis4451 said:
Here is what it looks like.

ShoulderFit.jpg

Now that you made me take a better look at it, I think I need to do it over larger. The same with the gauntlets. I still may wait to see final product and then decide.

That does look good. Thanks for the pic

Hey guys ever since I finished pepping my sniper goggles (except for the lense parts, which will remain holes until I get something like what Ithaca/SavvyTank used in thier awesome helmets) and Buck's comm (speaking of which, Carpathiavh, yours looks so cool!), I decided that I had better model the pieces (which technically aren't even separate) which connect the sniper goggles to the side of the helmet. I did this in a way that would allow anyone who has or will pep the sniper goggles to directly connect these new parts to it (because they are both scales the same). The only polygons from the goggles model which I kept were the ones to which these "straps" connect. I then placed the connecting line of tabs only on the strap-piece side, and then moved the old polygons off the page. I know, it's confusing, so here's a screenshot:

snipergogglestrapspep.jpg

I only used this rather unaccurate picture as a guide, but I think it is close enough. My only concern is whether the straps are wide enough to be secured to the sides of an ODST helmet without being bent too much outwards:

Chibi_ODST__Romeo_by_GuyverC.jpg

Here's the .pdo download link:

ODST Sniper Goggle Straps .pdo (Letter)

PS - And yes, I plan to have both accessories on my helmet. The more, the awesomer, IMO ...

BAM!!! Well I pepped the goggle straps, added to the original (which fit perfectly if you scale it to 98mm high, in case I made it 100mm you might wanna scale down 2 millimeters) and VIOLA!

dsc05190p.jpg

dsc05189d.jpg

dsc05191si.jpg

dsc05193q.jpg

dsc05192z.jpg

dsc05195m.jpg

Cheers!

Shade

Nightshade said:

i really hope im not the only one who thinks the sniper GOGGLES should flip down over the visor?

I don't want to be nitpicky, because, nightshade, you are doing some AWESOME work, but I'm not liking the Romeo visor side bands. They should be much more narrow as they go back. They should also come all the way to the screw points on the side of the head, where Buck's comm piece is attached. Right now they look a little bulky and short. Maybe you're reworking them and this is moot, but just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. Seriously, though, keep up the great work, this is one of my favorite threads.

I don't want to be nitpicky, because, nightshade, you are doing some AWESOME work, but I'm not liking the Romeo visor side bands. They should be much more narrow as they go back. They should also come all the way to the screw points on the side of the head, where Buck's comm piece is attached. Right now they look a little bulky and short. Maybe you're reworking them and this is moot, but just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. Seriously, though, keep up the great work, this is one of my favorite threads.

Yes, I think you're right. Keep in mind that the straps were purely based on that cartoon image (which might not have been a good idea to begin with) because I couldn't find any good pics of the side of Romeo's helmet on Google and because I don't have a copy of ODST. If someone could post an accurate pic, I could make the necessary corrections. Remember that this pep stuff requires some development before its 100% accurate ...

Also, based on SavvyTank's goggles (which I deem pretty accurate as for the placement/attatching), his straps don't go all the way to the indents each side of the helmet in the center of the semi-circular shapes. His only go to the semi-circular edges around this shape. Just a thought ...

Thanks for both of those, guys!

Also, I think the Pep Index is in need of some updates. I would do it, but I'm really bad with all that rich-text-format editting. If someone could a) update the chest plate (make it the "ODST_Chestplate_Nightshade_Nobody.pdo" file), b.) add on the Mickey backpack modeled by Jason225 which I unfolded. If anyone could do either of those, that would be swell ...

EDIT: Looking at Maleck's screenshot, I might have to do more than just the "straps." Maybe start from scratch a make a better file. But I dunno if I can get to that tonight ...

Keep in mind that there is also this to add. I've seen only one other person add this to their Romeo helmet (can't remember who). It may be easiest to scratchbuild from styrene, but if there is a better solution, maybe someone will know.

104782755-Full.jpg

Keep in mind that there is also this to add. I've seen only one other person add this to thier Romeo helmet (can't remember who). It may be easiest to scratchbuild from styrene, but if there is a better solution, maybe someone will know.

I think I can take care of that too, just probably not tonight ...

Nightshade said:

Wow! That's a really nice looking helmet. It looks like you use white glue, right? I have about 16oz of white glue and 97 sticks of hot glue, which of the two should I use? And how am I supposed to apply the white glue, because when I made an earlier chest piece there was dried glue thumbprints all over.

Oh, and what did you do for the vents and grooves on the cheek and brow?

One last question, this is the file from the wiki right? Is that stock scale or did you scale it?

I wanna start by thanking all the people who have put such amazing work into this thread, I would be absolutely lost without it. I'm working on my suit for a costumed charity run that my unit holds every halloween, and I was wondering if anyone who has built properly scaled armor can give me ideas of problem areas that limit mobility (such as the chest, shins, or thighs)? I'm currently in the pepping process, but I'd rather be able to correct any potential issues well before I actually have to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back