Dvine Infektion's Wip Mk Vi

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDITED: THX FOR THE PIX ADVICE PONCHATO. =0p

so yea, ive read, and re-read this fourm for days before signing up. looked over countless gallery images and saw fantasticc work in the making, and even better finished products. So i decided being a huge fan of the Halo saga, that i too required a set of armor. I mean seriously who WOULDNT want this? So i started off on my mission to aquire the MK VI first (maybe do ODST later). So i'll show my Work In Progress and i hope to get some feed back. feel free to say anything you want, you wont hurt my feelings, id apreciate all the insights i can get to make my armor THAT much better. so enough running my suck, heres what ive got so far.

lowerhalfofhelmet.jpg

lower portion pep finished for the helmet

completedhelmetfront.jpg

finaly all pep'ed. i like it sofar. although the brim tips a little cockeyed.

completedhelmet.jpg

side shot

mewpepedmkvihelmet.jpg

fits! whooah! kinda snug when taking it off. =0/

resinhelmetsideview.jpg

all resin'ed up. fixed the crooked brim by taping it back until resin set in. looks alot better.

resinhelmetbackview.jpg

back n side view.

resinhandplates.jpg

hand plates pep'ed n resin'ed

... ok i didnt take ne pictures of the fiberglassing stage, its just transparent. so yea. and primed, it was grey.

i know you were all dying to see it primed too. lol. anyways. on we go.

paintedhelmetfrontview.jpg

all painted and battle damaged. was origanly a brighter red, but looked way too toy plastic-ish. stay away from gloss paint all together. pain in the @$$. lol

paintedhelmetrightsideview.jpg

back shot. kinda flashed out. sorry =0/

PaintedHelmetsideview.jpg

other side. oh and i know i need to add the tubing vents on the side. and the padding & visor ofcourse. =0p

Mewpaintedhelmet.jpg

fits snug. still tight when taking it off near my ears. but hey i like it. lol.

so this is what i got sofar. i also have the left forearm pep'ed and waiting to be resin'ed, and im currently workin on the left bicep. i'll throw those pix up here when i get sum more batterys for the camera. so as stated before lemme know what you think. thanks for taking the time to check it out and leave some feed back.

duce.

Posted image? You should upload them to your gallery and link to them from here.

We can't see anything yet, otherwise I'd give you some constructive criticism.

Edit:

Blargh, you linked Myspace pictures. Upload them to your gallery here, Myspace doesn't allow hotlinking.

looks great,did u use any body filler?assuming u didnt since there isnt any body filler in and prog pics but its still amazingly smooth

ponchato said:
Whoa, it really looks good. How did you do the weathering?

thanks. for the weathered battle damage look i used a 2inch brush. roughed up the bristles and misted it w/ silver metalic spray paint. to darken up spots i used a flat black sprayed a rag and spot touched and smearmed it lightly to fade it. i did mess up a few times doing this. where too much black got on the helmet and i had streaks. which requires sanding and re-painting. pain in the butt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harding29 said:
looks great,did u use any body filler?assuming u didnt since there isnt any body filler in and prog pics but its still amazingly smooth

thanks. no i didnt use body filler. only because i only had one small dent that wasnt very noticable. no holes or spaces. i lined up all my folds before even attempting to glue them. i do have the body filler though for mistakes and to smooth out areas. but the pep model i used was pretty smooth, and had the geo-metric shapes all were they pretty much needed to be.

that's looking pretty great. one small piece of advice though, on the inside of the ridges here:

[attachment=10785:lolio.JPG]

I would've painted that red. just my opinion though.

bobbio555 said:
that's looking pretty great. one small piece of advice though, on the inside of the ridges here:

[attachment=10785:lolio.JPG]

I would've painted that red. just my opinion though.

i agree. i looked at it and noticed i taped it off too far. i need to go back ne repaint it. good eye though. lol. its on my to do list.

thanks for the advice.

ok update #2 some new pix.

so i got some batterys and took more pix. i quit working on my left bicep because its scaled way too big and id rather not waste ne more supplies, so i wont inclued the masive bicep lol.

leftforearmpep.jpg

left forearm completed pep. had to take it in a little width wise... but fits pretty good. especliay now that another member told me to put foam padding inside to tighen it up. thx again.

chestwippep.jpg

and then the chest/back piece im working on. not too bad. alot of little details. actually for some reason makes it more fun, watching the complex fold come together to form the awsome work of art this community has brought to us.

this is what im workin on at the moment. nothing exciting yet, but soon. and incase anyone wants to point out my chest rig look crooked its not, its just the way its layin on the couch.

thx for checkin out my work. keep lookin in to see my WIP and thx for the advice, tips, n critisism. it'll all be taken w/ stride to build the best piece of armor i can. take it easy.

Links are broken, they should read

[REMOVE THIS TEXTimg]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e213/Katjin/leftforearmpep.jpg[/img]

[REMOVE THIS TEXTimg]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e213/Katjin/chestwippep.jpg[/img]

ponchato said:

[REMOVE THIS TEXTimg]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e213/Katjin/leftforearmpep.jpg[/img]

[REMOVE THIS TEXTimg]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e213/Katjin/chestwippep.jpg[/img]

idk whats up with this, this is the second time ive tried to fix it. is there a limit to the number of pix per post?

Lord Perth 16 said:
I would recommend a photobucket account. It's free and I've never had issues like this...

i have a photobucket. thats where these pix r from. which is odd because i tried to upload them like every other picture i succesfully have on display here. i'll fix it. some how.

ponchato said:

dude. lol. thx again. you wont belive why it wasnt working... i didnt put "/" before the img at the end.... gr. thx for your help.

hopefuly i'll quit slippin up in this forum stuff.

OH AND QUESTION TO ANYONE WHOS READING THIS. ANY GOOD TIPS ON ATTACHING THE AB SECTION TO THE CHEST RIG?

Dvine Infektion said:
dude. lol. thx again. you wont belive why it wasnt working... i didnt put "/" before the img at the end.... gr. thx for your help.

hopefuly i'll quit slippin up in this forum stuff.

OH AND QUESTION TO ANYONE WHOS READING THIS. ANY GOOD TIPS ON ATTACHING THE AB SECTION TO THE CHEST RIG?

I would use buckles, like these.

Just glue them directly to the armor, after you resin or fiberglass it.

ponchato said:
I would use buckles, like these.

Just glue them directly to the armor, after you resin or fiberglass it.

idk. wouldnt the clip be exsposed? i dont want it to look tacky. if possible i want all clips and straps hidden.

i thought about just making my own tabs to connect it, and just make sure the exsposed connecting pieces are black to blend it into my "under armor"

idk. good idea though. if anyone else has more good suggestions like this or you yourself have found a good way please lemme kno. thx. =0p

Dvine Infektion said:
idk. wouldnt the clip be exsposed? i dont want it to look tacky. if possible i want all clips and straps hidden.

i thought about just making my own tabs to connect it, and just make sure the exsposed connecting pieces are black to blend it into my "under armor"

idk. good idea though. if anyone else has more good suggestions like this or you yourself have found a good way please lemme kno. thx. =0p

Put the buckles behind your armor, and glue them directly at the edge (so the female and male clip part things connect right at the edge between the chest plate and the upper midsection.

When the armor is separated, it will look like two buckles are sticking off the edge. When it's connected, it should be seamless with the buckles covered by the armor.

woop! got more to add to my wip update. so ive completed the pep of my MK IV Chest n Bak. HD. the detail in the armor was pretty sic. took long time to make thoes harly noticeable folds n such. but trust me. soooo worth it. looks 100xs better in HD. so my advice to anyone making the chest. do the HD may take you a bit longer, but you'll like the end result so much more.

so yea heres my pix.

Backpakwippep.jpg

1/2 completed back pak in pep

completedchestpep.jpg

me wearin the completed pep'ed chest n back.

completedbackpep.jpg

wearin it again, back shot. check them nice details. =0p

SlowlyBecomingaspartan.jpg

and... a side view, w/ helmet as im slowy becomin a Spartan. =0p

its a real pain to take off and put on so i AM cutting it into 2 sections to add clips in the shoulders as well as the ribs to make it a less agrivating task. more so when it was just in pep here because i was afraid to tear or rip scored edges tryin to slip it off. not easy. lol.

very satisfied. i plan to resin n fiberglass this bad boy in the next few days, prolly need to pick up some more fiberglass mat, so keep checkin back in. and leave your feed back. thanks peeps. =0p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back