LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Progress Update

OK... here we go!

Bondo' of Both Forearms is complete. Pic's later. I'm soooo busy!

Boot Foaming is almost complete... Foam is still oozing out as I post this.

im001000.jpg

Just wait.
im000999.jpg

Here it goes!
im001001.jpg

Ok better tape it all up and let it sit.
im001002.jpg

Unfortunately the foam is still oozing out.
However the TAPE does come off with no issues! The toe cap feels SOLID! Pics tomorrow.

LED's are installed into the Right Thigh... Took about 90min's to do.
There is a switch, 9V battery, 3 LED's and each one get's its own resistor.
Everything is hot glued in place.
im000003.jpg

OMG is it that bright? Nope... its the camera with no flash.
im001004.jpg

LED panel is less bright with the cameras flash!
im001003.jpg

I'm soooo busy with this project that I'll be holding off on the tutorials until after the release of reach. I WILL be posting my daily progress reports with pics.

OH... OMG... I've passed the 10,000 views!!!!!

Cheers!

Wow that is quite impressive you'd probably make ol' "Sierra 177" aka "John" aka the "Master Chief" proud, I myself haven't seen work like this on card stock pepping in a while, I just joined here and have a Armour project of my own for Spartan II Armour in progress, which I am welding and cutting by torch, so a pepped amour like yours could really help my scaling alot.

You've made me want to give this a whack before I complete mine. I look forward to your completed work and site instructions. I should start with the helm since I have a Legendary set of Halo 3 and compare pepped versions and scale to personal size.

Typically I work with metal alloys but you got me colored impressed. Its so brilliantly clean cut. by the way those finished pieces are looking great. love the LED light accents!

E-73

nice work! what type leds are those? and with the leds is the light hotspotted or does the frosted glass look really help spread the light out?

My quick guess is that they are hot-spotted from the look of it, because of the pictures w/flash and without tell me this. Though I could be wrong.

My quick guess is that they are hot-spotted from the look of it, because of the pictures w/flash and without tell me this. Though I could be wrong.

The LED's are the ultra bright white. They are the hot spot kind. The Frosting REALLY helps! In fact I have a few extra ideas to make them better. I'm going to apply the shiny side of tinfoil to the backs of the pannels. That way any leaked light gets redirected back out of the pannels! I just tested it... added about another 15% to the overall brightness.

Also just got the 2nd Thigh done with LED... Going to get the rest of the legs put on and then take more pics...

Be back in about 30min with some UBER LED pics

Cheers

It LIGHTS UP!

Ok I spent more time on the LED thing. Now BOTH Thighs are lit up.
Keep in mind the following: Toe Covers are still foaming, Blue plungers need to be painted black., LED's still need to be added to the Shins (3 for each shin), Strapping for the Thighs and Padding for the Shins. Oh and Magnets... But that will be after "Reach"

Now with out further ado! Enjoy the Pics!

im000005.jpg

I deliberately chose to not use the flash.
im000009.jpg

I like the brighter effect!
im000011.jpg

im000014.jpg

With FLASH
I can see that in this shot... I missed a line that needs black washing... LOL
im000015.jpg

Now I know that I'll be sleeping with a smile on my face!
Let me share my thoughs with you all... Its a simple saying. I'm sure everyone has heard it in the past. "If your going to do it right. Do it yourself." --and-- "If your going to do it... Go ALL THE WAY"

Oh yea! As I had stated on my web site:
Exterior LED lighting? - Definitely! Anywhere that looks like I could place and LED light, I will! --- Update: Well almost anywhere.

From all of the comments that I am reading. I'd have to say that I feel more confident that this just might make it to the elite section. Time will tell!

Cheers! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
this dude is goin hard. lights in the auctual armor.. jesus.. i thought LCD's in the helmet was cool...

Yup... All the way... Computer, speakers, microphone and visor cam... are still planned.

I like your sig!

Thanks!

I love your work keep going man this is awesome! I wish I had more to say but I don't think anything I could say will help, what do you plan to use magnets for?

Wow that is quite impressive you'd probably make ol' "Sierra 177" aka "John" aka the "Master Chief" proud, I myself haven't seen work like this on card stock pepping in a while, I just joined here and have a Armour project of my own for Spartan II Armour in progress, which I am welding and cutting by torch, so a pepped amour like yours could really help my scaling alot.

You've made me want to give this a whack before I complete mine. I look forward to your completed work and site instructions. I should start with the helm since I have a Legendary set of Halo 3 and compare pepped versions and scale to personal size.

Typically I work with metal alloys but you got me colored impressed. Its so brilliantly clean cut. by the way those finished pieces are looking great. love the LED light accents!

E-73

Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate them.

I have never worked with metal alloys... but I'll tell ya. This whole Pepakura method is a serious learning experience. Intense dedication, thinking, sweat, research, time, $$$'s. I'm sure that there's more to add. But more importantly once its done... The real FUN begins.... Going out in public with it and having FUN. Photo's and Vids are what I'm after.

Thanks! :)

I love your work keep going man this is awesome! I wish I had more to say but I don't think anything I could say will help, what do you plan to use magnets for?

For the weapon's that I plan on making. Like in the game... They will be able to be magnetized to the back of the suit (and the thighs too)

magnets on youre back.... the only thing between you and being the auctual master chief is the UNSC didnt kidnap you when you were six.... or did they...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back