LongShot-X's Mark VI HD MJOLNIR Armor - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know whether to be amazed or completely floored by the costume. The LED work is fantastic, I bet this would be the talk of any Halloween costume contest.

@Thorn: As always... Thanks! :)
@gc_3000: Thanks.

Had a request to take a pic of how the ab plate is attached to the torso.
In order to keep maximum freedom of movement, I needed to be able to let the ab plate swing rather than solidly be fixed to the torso. All I did was resin in some webbing and that's it.
IM000557.JPG

:)

Somewhere in this vastly thread, I had mentioned that I would post what files I used and what scale factors I used, along with my body measurments. I think that it's time to do just that. Except I won't post ALL my body measurements, just the important ones.

My height: 5'9"
Waist circumference: 30"
Shoe size: 7 (usa)
Weight: 140 lbs
Build: Slender to medium

All of the files that I used were originally from the wiki. However a lot of them are no longer available. --BUT-- Heavygunner's thread has a nice "All in one pep pack" which contains the exact same files that I used. http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/26285-All-in-One-Halo-Pepakura-Pack

File name / Name of Modeler / Name of Unfolder / Scale factor that I used for the file

MKVI_HD_HELM_FLYINGSQUIRL / Flyingsquirl / Ral Partha / 0.253260

HD Chest_FlyingSquirrel.pdo / Flyingsquirl / Unknown or same / 2.432142

MK VI HD Shoulder Left.pdo / Robogenesis / Ral Partha / 69.000000
MK VI HD Shoulder Right.pdo / Robogenesis / Ral Partha / 69.000000

MK VI HD Foerarm Left.pdo / Nugget / Ral Partha / 430.255572
MK VI HD Foerarm Right.pdo / Nugget / Ral Partha / 430.255572

MKVI_HD_HandPlate_ROBOGENESIS.pdo / Robogenesis / unknown or same / 63.373645

HD_Codpiece_by_crackhead09.pdo / Crackhead09 / Ral Partha / 2.049403

Right_HD_Thigh_by_crackhead09.pdo / Crackhead09 / 0.866633 (Use the invert function for the left piece)

HD_Mk_VI_Shins_by_Crackhead09.pdo / Crackhead 09 / 0.425946 (Use the invert function for the other leg)

MK VI HD Boot Left.pdo / Robogenesis / unknown or same / 59.749839 (I wear size 7 shoes)
MK VI HD Boot Right.pdo / Robogenesis / unknown or same / 59.749839 (I wear size 7 shoes)

Side note: I see that there are over 1/4 million views at the time of this writting. WOW! I might have to post some more pics to celebrate this.

:)

Cheers!

Lonshot-x, once again, has found another way to make this thread epic. More epic than it was before. More epic than epic. More epic than epoch. This thread is Epicepochmasterchiefaliciousaweinspiringlyjawdroppinglymindnumbinglyholycrapawesomelymoreepicly epic. squared.

Lonshot-x, once again, has found another way to make this thread epic. More epic than it was before. More epic than epic. More epic than epoch. This thread is Epicepochmasterchiefaliciousaweinspiringlyjawdroppinglymindnumbinglyholycrapawesomelymoreepicly epic. squared.
^^^Ah, Ya... what he said^^^;)

On a side note: Thank you for the sizing info, it will be helpful. And its nice to know that I'm not the only Medium build out there.

Finally managed to have a few days off to
myself with no commitments to anything.
What is there to do? ---> WORK ON ARMOR

Added the magnets to the torso and
the shotgun for the mounting system.

I can run and jump with no issues.

I can remove the shotty by reaching over my shoulder
--or--
by reaching from below.

Very easy to remount via over the shoulder.​

img001158_-_cropped.jpg

img001153_-_cropped.jpg

img001149_-_cropped.jpg

img001101_-_cropped.jpg

img001124_-_cropped.jpg

Until next time,

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I look at this thread, I'm blown away. By far one of the best Mark VI builds ever. Kudos!!

-Matt

I love the suit in every way, but the plastic tubing around your neck just gets to me. It makes me laugh out loud for some reason.

That shot gun looks great on the back LS. What type of magnets did you use? Can you explain the process a little so we can see how you did it? Awesome job man.:)

That shot gun looks great on the back LS. What type of magnets did you use? Can you explain the process a little so we can see how you did it? Awesome job man.:)

Thanks VS! I used recycled computer hard drive magnets. The rare earth kind. I have taken pics of the process (very easy) and will post the procedure in the next few days.

I love the new set up for the shotgun.

As always... Thanks Thorn! I love how easy it is to attach and remove the shotty. This will come in very handy when I need to free up my hands.

Holy shia. How fast does that go? Look at all the stickers! Amazing build man. Nuff said.

Not sure what you mean by "how fast does that go?" If your referring to the shotgun, its completely fake and does not fire. A speed of Zero? o_O

I love the suit in every way, but the plastic tubing around your neck just gets to me. It makes me laugh out loud for some reason.

LOL The neck seal is not made of plastic, its actually a star wars neck seal. The best that I could come up with at the time.
Having said that, I have to laugh at that pic too. The positioning of the camera and the angle of my head makes my neck look unnaturally long. The under suit project is still on my list of things to do and the neck seal will be one of the first things to tackle for the under suit.

This has inspired me to stop using glowsticks as cheap lighting.

Glowsticks!!! I love those things. I had a few ideas to use them in the helm but never got around to experimenting with them on the Chief.

Every time I look at this thread, I'm blown away. By far one of the best Mark VI builds ever. Kudos!!

-Matt

Thanks Matt! I still get the awe struck feeling when I look at these pics too. Very inspirational, even to myself.

With Easter fast approaching, I'll be adding the pink bunny ears and the pink nose to the helm for a future photo shoot and a "walk about outing" at a few of the local malls and game stores. ETA to be determined.

Thanks for the awesome comments.

Cheers!

Not sure what you mean by "how fast does that go?" If your referring to the shotgun, its completely fake and does not fire. A speed of Zero? o_O
I think he was comparing your suit with all the decals on it to a race car. You know, they have a bunch of sponsor decals and go really fast. That'd be my guess any way.:D

As far as the rare earth magnets go, I have opened up one hard drive before to remove the magnets and only found two very small ones and they wouldn't hold hardly anything. Is there a certain size or something I should be looking for? We have several I can get from work if need be.:)

I think he was comparing your suit with all the decals on it to a race car. You know, they have a bunch of sponsor decals and go really fast. That'd be my guess any way.:D

As far as the rare earth magnets go, I have opened up one hard drive before to remove the magnets and only found two very small ones and they wouldn't hold hardly anything. Is there a certain size or something I should be looking for? We have several I can get from work if need be.:)

Yes, there are differences in the size of magnets depending upon the hard drive that it comes out of. I found that the 3.5" desktop hard drives have larger magnets than the 2.5" notebook hard drives (obvious statement). I also found that the older hard drives (200Gigs and smaller) sometimes have thicker and larger magnets than the newer higher capacity ones. I'll take pics of the magnets that I'm using so that everyone can see what size and shape is being used.

I should comment on this thread really seeing as since I started my MKVI your photos are in every mobile device in the house. This build is truly amazing. I love the gun attachment using magnets. I was thinking of putting some in mine once I finish making it. I have to confess I will be pinching your idea for where you installed your lights, although I was going to add some before I saw your suit but it helped my lazyness with working out where to put um.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back