Combination Armor W.I.P.

What Armor should I use for chest piece?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OverKill

I am starting my armor and it is using a method not used often or at all, Paper Mache.
Armor done so far:
Weapons: 2 SMGs-scratch buildt-cardboard

Shoulders: 2 Scout, scratch built-card board

Torso:

Thighs: H1 Marine, pepped

Shins: H2 ODST, pepped

I don't know and if I have enough money too and If I find another method that is cheaper I will try that and use my armor as a new method example/experiment. Also If I need it too, cuase most of my parts are smooth and flat so there wont be any blocky pieces.

How are you planning to do the visor for the EVA helmet? I intended doing that one too but didn't have a way to get that made and I still haven't seen a complete one. I'd love to see one done and find the method so I could have a go!

I plan to use a heat gun and plexi-glass. If that doesn't work try cutting out pieces to have a polygonal shaped visor than smoothed.

If you use strictly paper mache, it's going to be lumpy and hard to sand. Trust me on this. I think it's either Ruze or Rube that also has a paper mache helmet, but my experimental cheapo helmet and his are the best paper mache ones I've seen so far. However, they're not going to win a fashion show.

Maybe you could try plaster or drywall on the outside?

If you use strictly paper mache, it's going to be lumpy and hard to sand. Trust me on this. I think it's either Ruze or Rube that also has a paper mache helmet, but my experimental cheapo helmet and his are the best paper mache ones I've seen so far. However, they're not going to win a fashion show.

Maybe you could try plaster or drywall on the outside?
God no. I tried this, you might as well be pouring sand on your armor for all the strength it has. It crumbles, it disintegrates... It's just a mess. :(

I will try my best and I am using a glue based paper mache method(
), than a flour based(
). This will be a good cheaper method, if It goes good and I think shippox10 and MrTiKi will be joinning me ont his journey (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/25368-Alternative-to-Resin-and-FiberGlass), so Hopefully there will be three suits of armor as examples of "The Paper Mache Method". I will try to finish paper macheing it by the end of the month (if not sooner) and will post pics and other info on my finds and the how to's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the paper mache might not be the best Idea for the Halo 1 Marine thighs, I just made some a few days ago, and they are hollow, so you need to pour in rondo or another hardener, i think putting paper mache in there would be kinda tough. Sorry if i bursted your bubble :(

I finished thighs and put this together... a pictures of my Combination Armor from pepakura viewer to show how it will look togther.
with H3 Marine
CombinationArmorpeppic.jpg

0r with Mark VI
CombinationArmorwithMarkVI.jpg

That looks nice dude, buy the way I'm using paper mache for my armor as well so there will probaly be 4 examples.
Good Luck. :)

W.I.P. in a W.I.P.

Post a W.I.P. in a W.I.P. to not have alot of threads. I started a M7 SMG (scratch build) here is the outline/stencil
M7_SMG_Outline.jpg

And the cardboard SMG
DSCN3206.jpg

Other side
DSCN3207.jpg

looks good!, the smg is coming along nicely, cant wait to see this come togethere, but if i may ad a suggestion, if you are going to use the MKVI chest, i recommend the hd pep, i know it looks intimidating, but it is totally worth the trouble

I am making a custom torso peice, that is original and not like any armor I've seen. Its in the cardboard stage(finished), now just need to paper mache it + paint +straps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back