Sixxa's mark VI (with a twist) WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixxa

Iv been looking into making armor for a while now but never really had the time until recently. I have to say, iv been having a blast doing this. Im about 3 weeks into my build and i have some really awesome results, and not so awesome ones.

Chest.
P1030260.jpg

P1030259.jpg

Left arm with attachment. This is a scout letter with part of emils taped to it. (temporary)
P1030256.jpg

Right arm with the rest of emils attachment.
P1030255.jpg

forearms.
P1030254.jpg

shins
P1030253.jpg

ODST helm FAIL! ( going to make Kats helm instead i think.)
P1030257.jpg

it all looks like its coming along nicely...
But did you drop upside down in you HEV lol
and what forearm files did you use for the forearms
ive tried three times and its either to wide and the right length
or the rite thickness and too short:(
but good job

-CGH

i used normal detail markVI forearms by ROBOGENESIS. The back side by your elbow is going to be wide that just how it is. It might look big but once you have your under suit on and the rest of the armor it looks fine.

WOW what DID happen with the odst helmet? lol

On Robo's files for body parts, just remember, the med def gear is spartanized...so it WILL come out large. It wont take much to scale it down. Just take the measurements of your body's length and add in at least 2 or 3 inches more to that, convert to MM's and put that into your scale change on Designer. Your gonna come out a little bigger, but seeing how you're gonna need too find ways to secure the part on your body, a lil foam padding or some restraints wont be difficult to add.

I usually make my parts just a tad bigger so they'll fit with other layers under it. Since you will have a body suit for these.

well, I see some progress, but I would encourage the use of cardstock over paper first, second I personally wouldnt have turned the pieces inside out, I believe that is where your problem with the gaps comes from, I know its difficult to cut out all the pieces, just take your time, as i said I see progress, I don't know which pieces you did first, second and so forth...but the forearms and chest pieces look decent, i hate to say it, but I agree with your (fail) statement about the helmet...Patience is the key, dont rush it, I hope to see updates

Yea ill probably end up redoing parts of this. That odst helm was something, there were parts on there so small you couldn't even glue them on else. I didnt fold anything inside out thats how the lines were on the files. I thought it was odd the shins were like that too. And i am using cardstock by the way, it looks like normal paper from the flash on my camera.

Whoa. ? The chest and forearms look proper...but the helm and the other parts with the lines inside..for that "inside out" look..are very strange.
Were they the first ones you did? I'm thinking about how when I first started mine, and I'm no uber pep vet or anything, I'm talking like 2 weeks ago here, I know I looked at the lines and numbers ..and bout crapped myself.
But, I did watch a ton of videos and read a lot of the stickies before I made my first cuts. It almost looks like you folded it all backwards? Did valley folds for the mountains?
This is the only time I've seen parts with lines on the inside. I'm wondering how you even did it?
For me, I'd get a different file. Make sure that one isn't borked some how.
I feel for you man. I see the other stuff you've done, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Yea ill probably end up redoing parts of this. That odst helm was something, there were parts on there so small you couldn't even glue them on else. I didnt fold anything inside out thats how the lines were on the files. I thought it was odd the shins were like that too. And i am using cardstock by the way, it looks like normal paper from the flash on my camera.

I learned from some of the files I did before, if it starts to look strange, check the settings in designer to see if the lines were mixed up, you can set them the way you want for mountain and valley fold lines in designer, i use 1.0, 1.0 for my mountain lines and 1.0, 0.3, 0.3, 1.0 for my valley lines its all personal preference, those settings are in the top row under-settings-other settings-line style...then you hit edit in the box to make your settings...thats just a lil FYI, Dont get frustrated, its not an easy hobby to pick up unless your like Rainman or something...oh man...i missed wapner again!!!

The shins i did first and i been working there and going up. I got the upper legs and the cod done i just forgot to post them. I never really noticed it was backwards until i did the chest. The more closed off those parts became the harder they were. I went back and looked at those files, i did fold it right. I even research it for a few days i knew what i was doing when i started. Very odd though.

Hey Sixxa, I had to print out a new chest piece because my first one was too small I am hoping what you told me in another thread will work this time around.(I ended up adding a few extra inches just in case.) Your stuff looks great so far keep it up. :D

I finally got Kats helmet done with a much better result.

P1030264.jpg

P1030265.jpg

P1030266.jpg

Heres the rest i forget the first time.
Back and a front of thighs
P1030263.jpg

the reach cod
P1030262.jpg

P1030261.jpg

If you still want a good Pep file for the ODST helmet, try Kirrou's Hd helmet. Its pretty fine.
Also, is your avatar the Oddworld Inhabitants Logo? Because Abe's Oddysee was a game i grew up playing and is permanantly burned into my grey matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back