2 Master Chief VI - Completed - More Updates Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fixed some of the armors that broke off. Next I laid both armors on the floor to make sure all pieces are accounted for. I cannot believe that I am almost done!

0019.jpg

Here is another shot of the armor in an old drawer.

0025.jpg

And today, I finished both helmets by installing the helmet lights. Here are the lights that I bought from 99cent store. Not all of them work. I bought 16 and 4 of them are broken.

Here is the original light with the ear piece.
0026.jpg

Here is the light with the ear piece cut off.
0027.jpg

Here are the lights hot glued to the cheek. A piece of blue foam was also hot glued in to protect the face from 2 screws protruding out of the visor.
0028.jpg

I cut a small hole through the helmet and then I installed a small fan powered by a 9V battery. A switch is placed on the chin so my kids can power it up when it gets hot inside.
0029.jpg

Both helmets without the lights on.
0030.jpg

Now with the lights on.
0032.jpg

I too have to take my hat off and say: "KUDOS"
You have made 2 AWESOME suits for your kids.
I am very impressed with what you did and your dedication to invested time.

Super KUDOS! :)

The Halloween came and gone. And my kids had so much fun that words cannot describe it. Seeing them wear my work and seeing them impress all their friends really make everything worthwhile. The most amazing thing was they were stopped several times during their trick or treat for photo op. We got a lot of oohs and aahs.

They wore their suits for almost 2 days and at the end of the 2nd day, their costumes were done.

Here is L211 at school Halloween parade.
IMG_8250.jpg

J117 just enter the school ground.
IMG_8264.jpg

Staring match with a pumpkin head.
IMG_8298.jpg

After school.
IMG_8302.jpg

Up close and personal.
IMG_8451.jpg

Trick or treating in a mall.
IMG_8524.jpg

Trying to impress some girls.
IMG_8538.jpg

The casualty of war in a mall. Several pieces were broken beyond repair. They did their part...
IMG_8570.jpg

I will begin the next project next week. Hopefully by next Halloween they are as impressive as these 2 Master Chiefs.

is 99 cent store a website or dollar general or is it a store in your area? never heard of it and I could use some led's like that.

Hahah, that was awesome. It's neat seeing them in the suits; I'm sure they were the envy of Halloween around those parts xD

is 99 cent store a website or dollar general or is it a store in your area? never heard of it and I could use some led's like that.

I live in the Northeast/NY/NJ area. It is a general store that sells everything for 99 cent or a buck. Yesterday I watch DIY and they were introducing some LED that you can attached to your safety glasses. I forgot the name. Lowes or Home Depot may sell them.

Hahah, that was awesome. It's neat seeing them in the suits; I'm sure they were the envy of Halloween around those parts xD

I specifically told my kids not to say a word when they went to school. Both of them were mystery boys in costumes and they had everyone guessing. LOL.

When they went to their karate class, their master could not name them for the first 2 minutes. Master Kim only call them Halo boys. He only recognized them after he saw me called my boys. That was hilarious.

Those master chiefs turned out really good CoolC! I may do the same for my 8 yr old boy for next halloween.:)

Dude those are some awesome costumes! You're kids hafta be proud that they have like the coolest dad ever. Can you imagine the conversation with the other kids?
"Dude your dad got you master chief!? All I got was this bed sheet so I could be a ghost." Lol.
Way to go. Can't wait to see what you build in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back