3D Gungnir lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

xhimpei

Jr Member
Hello, all - First post here, So go easy on me :cool

been lurking about the past couple of days, thought I'd give modelling the Gungnir Helmet a go. First Complex model in a couple of years (really first time opening Max in a couple of years) So after a day's mucking about, this is what I've got so far. Never done modelling for pepakura before, either so - Constructive criticism, please!

update/edit -

Completed model unfolds by Nintendude: A4, Letter

ghelm2-1.jpg

ghelm1-1.jpg

ghelm3-1.jpg

Still got a lot of tidying to do, the start cutting in some detail.

Attachments

• ghelm2-1.jpg
    ghelm2-1.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 405
  • ghelm3-1.jpg
    ghelm3-1.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 413
  • ghelm1-1.jpg
    ghelm1-1.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 486
I don't actualy have or seen that helmet in game yet,but I looked up some pics on halopedia and I think this is pretty good so far.
Here is some constructive critism,I think the visor is more flat in the front then rounded.Keep it up :)

Welcome to 405th

Welcome to the 405th!! Excellent contribution right off the bat! I would have to echo the comment about flat on front, other than that it is looking wonderful!!

HOLY HELL! THis looks awesome and Welcome to the 405th. Home of crazy 3D Modellers, even crazier pepakura artists and some master craftsmen.

Nice start on this helmet, excellent to see another person taking on some Reach modeling. I'd have to agree that some of the surfaces are flat rather than rounded but it's early yet, I like it so far.

Moving this into a more appropriate forum, the 3d Modeling section...

Tried playing about making it more flat, but still not *quite* right, I don't think. However, pressed on with a bit more geometry, and this is it currently. Will probably finish off all the major shapes, before tightening up the lines.Anyway - Here:

ghelm3-2.jpg

ghelm1-2.jpg

ghelm2-2.jpg

cheers for moving the Thread, Ruze - I didn't think I could post in here, yet.

Attachments

• ghelm1-2.jpg
    ghelm1-2.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 379
  • ghelm3-2.jpg
    ghelm3-2.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 357
  • ghelm2-2.jpg
    ghelm2-2.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 339
Wow you model pretty fast, so I assume you're using the Mirror feature? I wish I could model like this but all I can really do is make a square. I am so going to unfold and pep this first after you finish the 3D model. Now if someone could just model the Jetpack my life is complete.

going to be interesting to see it in pep file looks good only thing tricky for pep is you just have to recalculate the normals if you got any open edges.

going to be interesting to see it in pep file looks good only thing tricky for pep is you just have to recalculate the normals if you got any open edges.

If there are any open edges in pep I can fix them no problem, 3d Modelling is a problem for me but fixing open edges is no problem at all.

Sweet! Well, once I'm done, I'll definitely fire it on to you to pep it, Nintendude. Like I said before, I've no experience with pep (although something I definitely fancy playing about with) So I don't know the best way to prepare a model for it. I'll have a nosy at all the FAQ's at some point - but any tips on that respect would be grand.

re: The jetpack, I as actually swithering between attempting that or this helmet (there seemed to be a few requests up for both) But didn't have a torso model to work from to make a Jetpack, so went for the Gungnir lid :cool

re: The jetpack, I as actually swithering between attempting that or this helmet (there seemed to be a few requests up for both) But didn't have a torso model to work from to make a Jetpack, so went for the Gungnir lid :cool

I'll see what I can do of images for that someone posted pictures they took from the game I'll just have to hunt to find them or take some myself.

Ctrl+D'd! Assuming the Helmet's well recieved when it's finished, I'll make a start on the jetpack too, I guess :D

trust me, everyone will love it. That helm has been wanted sooooo badly lately. And it's a great model! I've seen higher-detail stuff, but considering how new you are... this is grade A work!

Cheers again guys! I'm pretty pleased everyone's so keen on this. Don't worry, Boba - I do plan on cutting some detail in, just trying to build a solid foundation, and re-learn my way about Max, haha.

However, I'm done with messing about with Wirframes for today, think I'll actually go play some Halo, now. Watch this space!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back