3D Gungnir lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man... I dont even like the GUNGIR and that is sweet!!!
(maybe now noobs will stop bugging EVERYONE)

Welcome to the 405th my friend.

Heck of a way to kick off your stay here man!

Great work on this helmet man, and don't really worry about details too much, some of our more crafty members could do those without the aid of Pepakura.

Hey all. Managed to get a couple more hours tonight get crack on with this, and reasonably pleased with what I've got. Got most of the major geometry down, now. Still need to tighten up the lines a bit, and start adding some proper detail. could probably lower the poly count while I'm at it, too haha.

so here it is, up to date. In the front viewport some of the shape's a bit off, 'cause i've mainly been working in profile. And as I'm sure you know, trying to get the details to match up in all dimensions when working like this is nigh on impossible. But I'll do my best to get it looking "right" (or as close as possible) from all perspectives.

ghelml.jpg

ghelmf.jpg

ghelmt.jpg

Attachments

• ghelml.jpg
    ghelml.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 242
  • ghelmf.jpg
    ghelmf.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 237
  • ghelmt.jpg
    ghelmt.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 247
God I am so ready to unfold this lol. The anticipation is killing me. It's so bad, I'm already looking at how I'm going to unfold it once you release it.

God I am so ready to unfold this lol. The anticipation is killing me. It's so bad, I'm already looking at how I'm going to unfold it once you release it.

Haha Ace! I don't know if I'll get any time to work on it tomorrow, but with a bit of luck the model will be good to go within the next couple of days, hopefully.

You are making me a very happy camper. I've been wanting to make this helmet ever since the glitched version was discovered.

only thing i noticed it looks like the bottom lip can be pulled in alittle from the front view it looking to wide at the bottom. Over all poly count looks good actually looks kinda light compared to some other files on here

only thing i noticed it looks like the bottom lip can be pulled in alittle from the front view it looking to wide at the bottom. Over all poly count looks good actually looks kinda light compared to some other files on here

No problemo - Which part d'you mean by "lip"? Just away to open max to finish model off now, so any more observations or things to fix anyone's noticed?

I think he means here where I have the black box around but if you look at it from a side view you don't see it, it's just the angle of the photo in the background of the 3D model that's throwing him off. As soon as you put up the link for the helmet I'll do it in A4 and Letter in about 10 minutes.
EDIT : Forgot the image.
3163ua1.jpg

Attachments

• 3163ua1.jpg
    3163ua1.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 245
right-o. I think I said earlier that Iw as working mainly in the profile view, so relative to the front reference image, it's a bit off (much like you said) but I believe it looks all good from most perspectives. Quick question, should I seperate the model into seperate components, or anything? Would that make it easier to unfold? or just keep it all together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back