Dmango's Master Chief Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmango

I started this project back in August 2010, and i managed to get it done in time for Halloween. I started out by making everything using pepakura. Then i used Bondo all purpose fiberglass resin and painted it on. I had about 4 coats on the outside and 1-2 coats on the insides. Then came sanding. It took me forever to find the right kind of paint, but i did, at an A.C. Moore's. I primed each piece with Rustoleum Black Automobile primer and then sprayed a few coats of Rustoleum American Accents Satin finished Oregano Green... (man that's a mouthfull!) After that, i did a black wash, meaning i sprayed black on very heavy and then i wiped it off with a t-shirt. Then i took Krylon hammered silver spray paint and using a 2" paintbrush, detailed the edges of the parts to make it seem war-torn. I used a gold motor-cylce visor, tons of upolstry foam, 10 led booklights, some cd cases, and tons of velcroy, to pad and strap, and then light up my armor. I also made an AR. It had a flashlight in it, and a light up bullet-counter. I think it came out pretty well...
masterchief6.jpg
[/IMG]
masterchief-1.jpg
[/IMG]
masterchief1.jpg
[/IMG]
masterchief2.jpg
[/IMG]
masterchief4.jpg
[/IMG]
masterchief5.jpg
[/IMG]
masterchief3.jpg
[/IMG]

I also am working on more helmets...
costume2.jpg
[/IMG]
costume1.jpg
[/IMG]

Hope you liked!:)

Sorry... i meant to say thank you to 405th, for the thread on how to do most of this stuff...
also thanks you to all of the creators of the pepakura files,
and thanks to my parents for buying me the supplies and dealing with the smell of fiberglass for a few months...:)

Wow... Very nice build for just 3 months... Especially liking the CQB and EOD helms as well...hope they turn out just as awesome as the first suit!

Thanks!! yes, actually, i was gonna make the halo 3 AR out of wood, i drew the plans up on graphing paper but my dad said itd b too hard, and refused to let me work in his cabinet shop, so now im trying it with cardboard.

Hard? all you need is wood, a table saw, jigsaw, and some detailed instructions. (also shop skills).

I need to get my radial saw workin, I can do a lot with that thing (plane, miter, crosscut, rip, route, drill, etc.).

Maybe try using metal mounts and putting cardboard on it (think about the mounts used to hold shells up, they are triangle shaped), and also use hangers, then get a foam filler and some fishing weights for added realism and jump at it! (also, when doing this, I suggest a single layer of 1/8" bondo and sanded smooth so you can add details aswell).

I work in the woodshop and metal shop at school as much as I am allowed to lol, its not hard, its just tedious

I see you are now going to try a hd suit. I don't have the patience to do the same suit again. I barley have enough for one.

I just found another picture of my costume on halloween, you can see the assault rifle in this picture.
masterchief7.jpg

Attachments

• masterchief7.jpg
    masterchief7.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 177
Wow, it looks really good. The paint job is great; awesome job :) I'm sure you had quite a bit of attention last Halloween!

Thanks! ok, i started a new AR, and im usung a base of wood. I drew up the plans a few months ago, then recently i cut it out of cardboard. Today i went to my dads shop and he cut the shape in wood.
These are the blueprints...
assaultrifle2.jpg
[/IMG]
This is my dad cutting it out.
assaultrifle.jpg
[/IMG]
And i have plenty of cardboard to layer on to make details...
assaultrifle1.jpg
[/IMG]
assaultrifle3.jpg
[/IMG]

P.S. i should have the HD master chief peped by the end of the night... hopefully...

Ive decided to move my AR build to a new thread. I havent created it yet, but be on the watch for it. Ill probably post wen im done with the layering on one side, just to see progress from start to half done. This week im at my moms house so ill probably be working on my helmets, week after itll be back to the AR...

Hey Unbelievable job!
Can I just asked if you used any of the HD files for the pepakura? I just started my costume (but am only on the cutting phase of pepakura) and discovered that cutting the HD files was really challenging! I am goingto do the non-hd (less detailled) files instead, but am wondering if they can still turn out as awesome as your xD
So yeah, just wonderin if you used any HD files if so, which ones?
Thankya!! :)

WOW dude this is awesome, great job, I can't wait to see everything when they are done. Great job on the MC45, I think thts wht it is, ok. Great job on the AR. And I like the MrkVI original colors are great on Master Chief, he looks bttr in green.

My first suit was also a MK VI, but it wasnt MC. I also used low def. But i used a high def E.O.D. helmet, because thats what everyone was lookin at. I also made a pep SMG. Dont pep weapons.

ok im trying to find a link to download the suit pepakura files and i cant find anything can someone please help me out

You can find pep files at the halo wikia. Under pepakura files... you can also go to 4shared.com and search up wat ur looking for. Halo wikia has the pep files listed and pics of them. Id start there... hope this helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back