Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just starting out but I think it's coming along well
5885566830_30705759d4_o.jpg

It's Flyingsquirl's pepakura file I got off of http://halocostuming.wikia.com

Eventually I want it looking like this
5885598250_047f47287b.jpg

Thanks to *Tayl0r* for the picture

Nice pep work so far. Your folds look very clean. I look forward to seeing more on this.

Because statistically women are by default better at crafts and creative things than guys. And by that same default, apparently all women are terrible drivers.
(Inside 'joke')

LOL I can park my massive SUV better than some guys I've seen with tiny sedans

Edit: In other words, just because it's a stereotype doesn't make it true for everyone

Thanks for all the complements so far. I'm going to continue working hard on it so I can hopefully get to the fiberglass and bondo stage before the snow flies

And Hyo is Industrial Paints and Plastics still down by Chinook Centre?

Ran into two big problems.
Things were harder to fit on the back end
And I had the sizing wrong

I'm going to reprint tomorrow with what I hope is the correct sizing (Yes I read the pepakura sizing thread, but I think I measured the picture from the incorrect spot)
I'm going to start with the more difficult back end this time around.
At least I have the partially done failed helmet to help act as a guide.

I've had the same problem in the past with sizing, but sometimes its all trial and error. I have a small head so trying to get the scale correct use to be a pain in the butt. Good luck on your build and looking forward to seeing it complete.

Plus its good to see another chick building on here, I'm on here off and on due to being busy trying to get my armor done in time.

Lookie what I finally got nearly finished :)
6908938055_af62d01c38_m.jpg
photo by LoneHowler, on Flickr
6908938961_280b632608_m.jpg

And beside my failed atempts

6908940121_d572e3a421_m.jpg

While the weather has been nice and mild this winter I don't think I'll be able to resin for a while. the helmet just fits. I have to be careful how I take it on and off but, that I think I can adjust in the sanding phase.
Now onto the next part, hopefully I can get my netbook to cooperate and not be a snail when working with the pepakura. What is probably the next part I should do?

Great job so far with the helmet! The next step is generally up to you, some might go on to do the biceps and forearms. Others might dive into the chest, and then still others will prefer to do boots.
It's all up to your personal liking, though I'd merely suggest working from the top to the bottom, seeing as you have the helmet done.

I decided to share my secret to neat pepakura cuts

6918251513_74dc142d39.jpg

They are scrapbooking sizzors. These helped me greatly with the fine cuts. I found mine in a dollar store so it's no budget breaker. Go get yourself one

Good work!

I used the same pep file, but when I finished pep work and resin work I tanked on the bondo/resin mix for mud and decided to scrap and start fresh on a scout helmet build

Best of luck I'm sure it'll turn out great, nice choice of colors too.

Looks great! Pep in that visor if you can, it will help the helm to keep its shape during the resin phase. Other than that, keep it up, your pep skills are spot on!

Working on the torso tester. My dummy is approximately my size, I'm broader in the shoulder but it's close. I had to toss on a hoodie over the dummy, it looked a bit inappropriate nude XD
I'm hoping it's close.
6948620423_7940a1664a.jpg

6802508950_eaeff9f42a.jpg

Thanks :) I now have all the support lines inside. Thanks to Flyingsquirrel I doubt it will warp once I get a warm enough day to start resining. I realy wish I had a garage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back