Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clay Carmines Helmet in... CLAY. The begginning of something awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by golem95 View Post
    yeah pepakura helps with symmetry and proportion, which is why i love insane trooper's clay pepakura method so much. Just like shadowkat, i too love clay sculpts. With a good base they have amazing potential for detail and just... AWESOMENESS :P anyways good luck! ill be watching this and ill try to spot any more symmetry problems in the future too
    Well of course you like clay, Golems are made of clay.

Im sorry if that was cheesy, I kinda just had too XD
    Most people have fun destroying things. Some people have fun building things. I have fun building things, that destroy things.
    "I plan on talking the entire time, because they
    would never kill a main character mid sen-" -Kat

*facepalm. It wasn't that bad... .

Haha. Anyway, clay should be in tomorrow or the day after, when it comes in, work will continue. .

Cheers, Dave.

3. what clay do you use? Im going with insane's pepakura clay method but i was wondering if you too use nsp chavant and what hardness if you use it
    Check out my other builds: lmass effectl lSolid eyel lHalo marathon shieldl Dragon priest
    my fb prop page and my youtube channel

NSP Medium Tan, slap it in the oven for a while and its beautiful to work with, then once its cooled down extremely easy to carve, wonderful stuff. . What is this Pepakure Clay method you speak of? I think a link is in order. .

Cheers, Dave.

5. Quote Originally Posted by XxCALIBERxX View Post
    NSP Medium Tan, slap it in the oven for a while and its beautiful to work with, then once its cooled down extremely easy to carve, wonderful stuff. . What is this Pepakure Clay method you speak of? I think a link is in order. .

Cheers, Dave.
    DOUBLE WHAMMY!
    http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/...Six-Helmet-Wip
    http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/...r-s-ODST-Build
    Ive bought about 14 pounds of clay to test out insane's method :P
    just outta curiosity how do you smooth our your clay?
    Check out my other builds: lmass effectl lSolid eyel lHalo marathon shieldl Dragon priest

I had a talk to Sevv about that a while back, He said he uses finishing rubbers with multiple passes. So i went out and bought some, or moreover i ordered it from the states. Works wonderfully. . Thanks man! for the threads. Awesome stuff. . Also, I think I've got about 16 pounds and i just ran out so.. .

Cheers, Dave.

Oh god... The amount of time that method would have saved... Ah well. I hate the damn Pepakure anyway, I also wanted to test how wel I would go getting symmetry and stuff. . Thanks again for the links. .

8. yeah i know right? :P i picked up the clay carmine helmet pepakura because i plan on using that method on it after i finish my N-7 helmet
    oh and the the 16 pounds thing, yes you ran out but the pepakura clay method means that you do not have to build off from the mannequin head thus saving clay as it is a more hollow sculpt that you work with!

Its genius really! . I look forward to seeing your build sir! . Haha. I gotta split. Shall update this thread probably tomorrow. Best beat is thats when the clay comes in. .

Cheers Dave.

P.S Mods, sorry about the above double post, my bad.

10. whats a finishing rubber? i always heard that people use rubbing alcohol to smooth it out