Guyver

Status
Not open for further replies.

xvang24

Jr Member
Hello All,

I'm new to the forums but been making origami for the longest time and ran into pepakura, it's amazing how this thing unfolds. And then to find out you can make wearable design has taken me to new heights.

I've seen a couple threads in making the Guyver Suit and I would like to take the opportunity to tackle it. I've seen a couple of people in here tackle it but end up putting it on the back burner.

I'd like any help and or suggestions where I can find some 3D models for unfolding purpose, or if there's already some out there.

Any help would greatly appreciated.

Xvang24

Hey Coolc, thanks for the reply. I saw the thread but no details were given. I also saw the the other thread about the pep'd helmet, which I believe I can do. There was another thread that had the unfolded chest piece. I've gone ahead and unfolded and made the front already. I'll have some pictures up and posted soon as I find out how.

The chest is tricky so I've extracted the bio-armor and have the chest piece. I just finished unfolding the back and the back collar piece last night. It should work. Now if Someone can produce some CG's of the rest of the armor, that would be awesome!

I finished unfolding the helmet yesterday and finally finished the 2D unfold check today. I'll start cutting and building away tomorrow.

I've finally finished separating the chest armor today too. I'll be running the 2D unfold check next week. My primary focus will be the Helmet for the next two weeks. I'll upload what I have finished or none sometime this coming week to show my progress.

If anyone can help donate their .obj file of the arms and legs, that would be awesome so I can continue to build the rest.

Here's what I have so far....
-Helmet
-Chest
-Back
-Shoulders

Ok guys. Sry I haven't been posting as promised. But I'll be posting the details of what I've made this far. I am happy to say though, the helmet will be completed tonight!!

Due to the vigorous Holidays and family planning, I've been squeezing time into this project.

Not only that, but I found a local disti that sold me the Silouette Cameo, for the Black Friday special for $249!! Saved $50!!

For those who don't know what it is, it's the new version of the CraftROBO SD.

Pictures of the progress will be posted no later than tonight!!

img0872in.jpg
By xvang24 at 2011-11-28[/IMG]
img0873p.jpg
img0874hn.jpg
By Xvang24 at 2011-11-28[/IMG]
img0877s.jpg
img0882j.jpg
img0881x.jpg
img0880su.jpg

Ok everyone, here's the uploaded pics of what I've completed so far. I never got the chance to move these from my iPhone til now, so here they are...

Jaw...on...floor!! That looks awesome! I cannot wait to see this build finished! I'm definitely watching this one. I always have seen Guyver builds built over a replica of the persons body just because of the organic nature of the curves. But your pepping makes it look just as good!! What are your plans for smoothing this bad boy out? The standard fiberglass/bondo method? Or do you have something tricky up your sleeve?! Can't wait!! Great job!!

-GundamLoki

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaw...on...floor!! That looks awesome! I cannot wait to see this build finished! I'm definitely watching this one. I always have seen Guyver builds built over a replica of the persons body just because of the organic nature of the curves. But your pepping makes it look just as good!! What are your plans for smoothing this bad boy out? The standard fiberglass/bondo method? Or do you have something tricky up your sleeve?! Can't wait!! Great job!!

-GundamLoki

Hi GundamLoki,

I'm pretty new at this pepakura thing. Sizing is my most immediate thing that I'm working on. But I normally make the build out of plain paper and then test fit it, if it falls within the ranges of 10 mm overall, I'm good. Test sizing is a pain but it sure cuts off a lot of the expenses given the stuff used to actually make the build.

As for your question, yes, it'll likely be bondo/fiberglass, once it's applied, those rough edges ought to come off pretty easily.

Hi GundamLoki,

I'm pretty new at this pepakura thing. Sizing is my most immediate thing that I'm working on. But I normally make the build out of plain paper and then test fit it, if it falls within the ranges of 10 mm overall, I'm good. Test sizing is a pain but it sure cuts off a lot of the expenses given the stuff used to actually make the build.

As for your question, yes, it'll likely be bondo/fiberglass, once it's applied, those rough edges ought to come off pretty easily.

Well I couldn't tell your new to it! It looks awesome man. And as for the sizing it looks spot on. The arms look like they are a little loose but once you fiberglass it, it will probably fit better. And I agree about test sizing. I did half a helmet once before I realized it was to small!

Also any chance we could get a picture with the helmet sizing? I'd like to see it with the arm armour just to get the overall scale.

-GundamLoki

Well I couldn't tell your new to it! It looks awesome man. And as for the sizing it looks spot on. The arms look like they are a little loose but once you fiberglass it, it will probably fit better. And I agree about test sizing. I did half a helmet once before I realized it was to small!

Also any chance we could get a picture with the helmet sizing? I'd like to see it with the arm armour just to get the overall scale.

-GundamLoki

Yeah, I'll get one ASAP up when I get the chance. Right now I'm working on a 2nd helmet, smaller one, and it's harder cuz now about the helmet's details are smaller to work with.

I had to undo the nose-bridge area and try to salvage what I've already completed. Hopoefully, I won't have to start all over from scrtach with this 2nd helm.

Anyways, I'll keep you all posted!

Edit: if any of you have access to Royloo's Female Guyver, Valcuria; and/or Guyver II, and Guyver III, I would Love to take on this challenge and create them!!

Guyver 1 - WIP

Ok, I've finally completed the 2nd Helmet which fit me much better. But there's still need some adjustment to be made in 3D Max to better fit my Eye Level. Ugh.... Anyways, I'm moving to the control medals next. I think I'll come back to making a better helmet at a later time.

The rest of the armor are screaming at me with attention. Anyhow, here's a picture of it below.

[img=http://imageshack.us/thumbnmail.png]

Comment and Enjoy!!

-nose bleed falls to the floor- OMG i dont know were to start. THIS IS EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE MAJOR!!!!.Iv'e beena guyver fan ever since i found the book's when i was 9. would you share your files or maybe tell me were you got your 2d to 3d models?Im going to be wtaching you for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back