Status
Not open for further replies.
Final pictures for you guys!
Me and my girlfriend :)
065.jpg

The guy at gamestop
051.jpg

049.jpg

It's been roughly 2 & 1/2 months in the making, plus 1/2 a months worth of research and gathering of general information, but it's finally done!

Before I show off my work here I want to thank everybody on the 405th for being so helpful and friendly. I don't remember whose pep files I borrowed but to ALL you guys out there creating and unfolding those things you have my appreciation. Without you guys there's no way I would've been able to do this, and then Halloween wouldn't have been nearly as fun (even though it hasn't happened yet I have an idea of what's going to happen :p ) You guys are the best and I will/have been passing on my knowledge of you to fellow friends and family who have taken interest in my project.

I tried to keep up with WIP pictures but I simply would forget one step or the next and realized I couldn't do it, so if you were looking for those I apologize I only have a few of the pepping stages and a few glassed parts.

Without further ado I present to you, the 405th, with Spartan 151's Mjolnir armor set!
035.jpg

030.jpg
029.jpg

026.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

All together now!
033.jpg

Again I couldn't have done this without you guys and I refuse to take full credit on this. This community has proven to be one of the most friendly and helpful I have yet to find and my heart goes out to you guys!

This is Spartan 151 signing out!

Looks great.Paint came out well. We do however need one more pic......You need to suit up :) So we can see it all together on you.

Very good job! I like the paint job. I wish I had your abilities and determination for a 2 month build!

It was quite the effort and I was really scared how it was going to turn out since I skipped the bondo stage to save time. There are a few kinks I'd like to fix but was totally worth it! Thanks for the appreciation guys!

It was quite the effort and I was really scared how it was going to turn out since I skipped the bondo stage to save time. There are a few kinks I'd like to fix but was totally worth it! Thanks for the appreciation guys!

You skipped the bondo stage? So that's just resin and cardstock? If so siiick. Costume is epic in general but still, siiiiick. Haha.

Looking very sweet. Wish i could do a complete build in 2 and a half months. I've been at my reach helm for 1 month now, and I'm still smoothing it out!

Very nice work

You skipped the bondo stage? So that's just resin and cardstock? If so siiick. Costume is epic in general but still, siiiiick. Haha.

Yup. I did a total of 0% bondo on this build :p I did my best to cover that fact up with the paint job and you can see the faults better in the daylight but at night it looks perfect! :D

Hey man, help a bro out. I've been wondering how you go about making the armor look effectivley weathered. I tried with mine but I think you did a much better job! Let me know, thanks :)

Not too bad especially considering you skipped the Bondo stage. Lights other than the helmet are always a big plus in my opinion too. Good job!

Hey man, help a bro out. I've been wondering how you go about making the armor look effectivley weathered. I tried with mine but I think you did a much better job! Let me know, thanks :)

My technique that I used went just like this:

What you will need (btw all my paint was spray paint):
*Primer
*Main Armor Color Paint
*Black Paint
*Silver paint
*Unused/old washcloth
*Old paint brush (preferably 1-3in wide and a bit thick)
*Clear coat (optional)

The Process:
Day 1: Prime
Day 2: Main color is painted on
Day 3: "dirt"(i.e. the black) painted on by taking black spray paint and spraying the crevices of a piece and immediately taking a moist wash cloth and wiping it off so the black stays in the cracks and corners. I had to work quick because the spray paint I had used stuck onto the piece pretty quick and was difficult to wipe off if I waited too long. Then submerge your washcloth and twist it dry for another spot. To make a plane area with no crevices look a little dirty after you've wiped down one black spot rub the spot with the washcloth before rinsing it.
Day 4: "metal"(i.e. the silver) painted on by taking silver spray paint and spraying the tip of a brush and brushing the edges and occasionally the random spot to add some randomness.
Day 5: Clear coat everything to make it shine a bit more and protect your work!

If you become VERY pressed for time like I was for a few pieces I found out (maybe because of the paint I used?) that you can combine all the detail paint such as the black, silver, and clear coat, in a single day. Just allow atleast an hour in between each color.

Wow awesome job! You could pass of as Sarge from RvB!!!

If only I had time to have made the shotgun... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back