Still Alive. Aperture Science Advanced Military Combat Suit (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordzoabar

HEY 405TH!!! It's been, what? Almost 2 years since I've been active? IDK... Anyway... I'm back, and I've been busy. I have roughly 70% of my suit built, and I will be linking pics to prove it (as soon as I remember how), but due to reasons of suspense/surprise/I-wanna-be-the-first-to-actually-pull-this-off, I will not be revealing my final plans until a fair portion of my suit IS in fact painted/detailed. I assure you though, It WILL be worth it. ;)

PS: Forgot to put "Pic Heavy" in the title... whoops... lol
If an Admin see's this, can you please fix?

ANDDD pics. :)
(taken with iPhone so sorry about the quality)

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

I'm working on my forearms now, so expect another update in a few days or so.

Looks great dude. Very clean foam work. If I may make one suggestion tho, on your chestpiece, maybe you could put the undersuit type pieces under the actual chestpiece and have them sticking out to give it some depth and separate the two. Ya know what I mean? Right now the chest piece and the chest undersuit look like one solid piece. Again, great work tho :)

Looks great dude. Very clean foam work. If I may make one suggestion tho, on your chestpiece, maybe you could put the undersuit type pieces under the actual chestpiece and have them sticking out to give it some depth and separate the two. Ya know what I mean? Right now the chest piece and the chest undersuit look like one solid piece. Again, great work tho :)

I know... and I'm actually planing on redoing the entire chest and cod anyway. Those were some of my first works in foam (right after my gun in my pic... need to get those pics up... I freaking love that gun. lol) and that was over a year ago... I have gotten MUCH better since then. More skill and better tools help like you wouldn't believe. (or more likely than not do believe, but, ya know, figure of speech and all. lol)

Edit: Also, I'm not a total fan of how my helm turned out, but then again a helm is one of the hardest things to foam anyway. I'm attributing it to the Super Secret Project portion of my build though, so no structural changes being made to it, but expect a few... non-standard upgrades.... ;)

Double-Also... The only thing I'm not concrete on, is my under-suit. Suggestions and advice are HUGELY appreciated. I do have reference pics, just no clue how to actually go about crafting it. I'm fairly good at sewing (for a guy) but not THAT good. lol

UPDATE!

I got my forearms done, and I am working on my boots now (design a la Roxyroo's undersuit build thread). I also have a working-prototype for my armour locker.

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

And proof-of-concept/size test for the armour locker.

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

And a totally seemingly unrelated photo that will have future significance.

IMG_0545.jpg

Enjoy! :)

I think I can guess a possibble reference thanks to a certain song I got in my head, while reading the title.

On a related note, it looks good so far, and it's good to have you back.

I think I can guess a possibble reference thanks to a certain song I got in my head, while reading the title.

On a related note, it looks good so far, and it's good to have you back.

Hehe... well, unless someone just out and says it, I wanna see how long it will last. ;)

You can't just out and say it, you have to test the people.

True. My supervisor just informed me that failure to abide by this rule will result in an unsatisfactory mark, followed by death.

Also, updates to come soon, finishing up the boots, (look like crap, just gonna go ahead and say it. Boss lady has plans for upgrades though... ), and about to start on biceps. Hopefully soon after (probably after schools done, 1 more week), I can get started on some REAL progress in design.

Need to pull the gun out of storage and work some more on it. No, it's NOT what y'all are probably thinking it is, this is something I semi designed from scratch/cobbled together from multiple other guns. State of the art tech. ;)

Looking good man! I hope when you are done you can say "This was a Triumph!" and make a note on your locker saying "HUGE SUCCESS" . EVA Foam is a SUPER great material . It was hard to overstate my satisfaction with how my first EVA build turned out! Oh and welcome back man! Good to see that you can say "I feel fantastic , and I'm STILL ALIVE!

- Jacob

Looking good man! I hope when you are done you can say "This was a Triumph!" and make a note on your locker saying "HUGE SUCCESS" . EVA Foam is a SUPER great material . It was hard to overstate my satisfaction with how my first EVA build turned out! Oh and welcome back man! Good to see that you can say "I feel fantastic , and I'm STILL ALIVE!

- Jacob

~THAT HAS GOT TO BE THE DUMBEST THING THAT- WHOA! WHOA-WHHHHOOOooooaaaa- bzztt~

Yeah, just ignore her. Thanks! :D

update! Just some pics of my gun. I'ts the most complete item I have so far, but still has a ways to go.

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

I consider this my "working prototype". I have a vision of an even more awesome piece, but until I can figure out how to even start building it... this will do. I might try throwing a 3D render of my idea together later on to share. Will be a while though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back