halo odst foam build

Status
Not open for further replies.

zohaibk

hey guys! im starting a foam odst build and this is my progress so far
htLs5l.jpg

QSxoZl.jpg

i heavily modified Kirrou's shoulder file and came up with that. the only problem is that the shoulder was the only file i could figure out how to modify. can anyone help me with rest.

alright today i finished the chest and it looks pretty good in my opinion what do you guys think
yuhuwl.jpg

qeWQel.jpg

also if anyone knows where i can get a pepakura file for a torso that covers the whole torso and not just the back that would be great.

so today i finished the stomach plate and the crotch plate
bOwl0l.jpg

bbYzPl.jpg

so now altogether this is what i have
r7huol.jpg

also thank you hyper for linking me to those files. i will be making the torso and side plates tommorow

Those pieces look great so far, two questions though; Are you using the foam the same way you would use cardstock (printing and then cutting the foam), or are you using the pep file along with templates to draw the pieces? And have you thought about what colors you're going to paint it?

Those pieces look great so far, two questions though; Are you using the foam the same way you would use cardstock (printing and then cutting the foam), or are you using the pep file along with templates to draw the pieces? And have you thought about what colors you're going to paint it?
i basically heavily modify the pep files to make foam templates and then trace them onto foam and cut them out. also im not sure about the colors for this one but im thinking maybe black with a red stripe or something like that.

i just finished a side plate and i am working on the second one
KLTcYl.jpg

i will edit this post when the second one is done

Looking good, man! I don't think I've ever seen anyone make the stomach plate out of foam, that's some good work you got going for yourself!

Chest core looks good! If you need inspiration for strapping and buckling, you can check out my thread!

Also, major props on the center stomach plate. I never had the courage to make it out of foam, but you pulled it off quite well!

I find that just spraying plasti-dip doesn't get it done for my armour. What I do is paint 2-3 coats of watered-down glue onto the aromor first, and then give it a coat or two of plasti-dip. Hope this helps!

since i ran out of foam after finishing the chest core i decided to get around to painting some of my pieces.
Odst2.jpg

this is what color scheme i would like my armor to have but i don't know what the color is called that is used on that armor. can someone help me out.
and thank you guitar master for your advice

Ooooh boy. I think I saw the answer to that question SOMEWHERE on the forums, but I can't remember where. Something like black basecoat + some sort of gunmetal gray + some "tarnishing" with a black brushing...I'll try to see if I can find it

EDIT : okay, found it! However, it's not the WETA Landfall version, but rather the ODST live-action trailer. So yeah, not quite the same, but some good info nonetheless :

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks zmx! i watched the video and got a closer look at the colors and i believe that you are right about the black and gunmetal. today i painted a basecoat of metallic silver onto the chest plate. also have you got around to modifying the shins for foam?

thanks zmx! i watched the video and got a closer look at the colors and i believe that you are right about the black and gunmetal. today i painted a basecoat of metallic silver onto the chest plate. also have you got around to modifying the shins for foam?

Totally did, yeah! Some...creativity was required, and as such the model is not an exact replica, but the end result is similar enough. I got both shins assembled, and I should have time later this week to seal the foam and spray-paint! I'll post pictures as soon as I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back