My custome odst foam armor [wip]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've just uploaded it :)

u can see the file on posst #1 :)

here you go, post #1

Oh WOW! That's awesome! Reminds me a lot of JF custom's foam unfolds! Thank you so much man!
Did you use the pep formula to size it as well? you know, the whole "take your height,divide by 86" etc etc?

This whole suit is really impreasive for what you he gotten. Im jealous of how good it looks! Is the recon helmet damaged in the visor? I cant tell if it has cracks or if its glare.

So the helmet is a foam unfold of the Hugh Holder model?
That's awesome!

I'm glad that you made this, as I was probably going to do it myself.

Also, I just checked out the new pictures of your build, it's looking great!!!

Did you have a file with the templates for the M7S or did you just scratch-build it?
Tk man, i don't have any smg file. It's just scratch build. I downloaded a smg picture in the internet, printed it out and... a lot of things then. i'm glad to hear that u like it :). U can see others pic in my album on my fb: facebook.com/keyesvn

Oh WOW! That's awesome! Reminds me a lot of JF custom's foam unfolds! Thank you so much man!
Did you use the pep formula to size it as well? you know, the whole "take your height,divide by 86" etc etc?
Do you mean whole suit? Well, i didn't know that fomula when i started to build these. I just caculate my body and then edit the number, scale it to fit my body size. i don't think the fomula y said is suitable for everyone. The helmet for example, if your head is 25 cm tall, scale it to 27 or 28 cm, it'll be fine. Sometimes u have to export it to the obj file, import to 3d program to scale cuz the height, depth..vv don't match your size. I had to do that with many files: emile helmet, rookie helmet, reach torso...well, i'm not good at this, but if u need help, just pm me, i'll do my best

This whole suit is really impreasive for what you he gotten. Im jealous of how good it looks! Is the recon helmet damaged in the visor? I cant tell if it has cracks or if its glare.

Hehe, it's odst helmet, i tried to make the visor like it's cracked and i think i did it not very bad :)

Do you mean whole suit? Well, i didn't know that fomula when i started to build these. I just caculate my body and then edit the number, scale it to fit my body size. i don't think the fomula y said is suitable for everyone. The helmet for example, if your head is 25 cm tall, scale it to 27 or 28 cm, it'll be fine. Sometimes u have to export it to the obj file, import to 3d program to scale cuz the height, depth..vv don't match your size. I had to do that with many files: emile helmet, rookie helmet, reach torso...well, i'm not good at this, but if u need help, just pm me, i'll do my best

thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely give it a shot :]
Don't be so hard on yourself, as far as I know you're the first to make a foam unfold of the ODST helmet. This is a great starting point and will probably help a lot of people in the future :D You're a pioneer dude! lol

This is an awesome foam build. While you are cosplaying, I bet it is very comfortable and light to walk around in, and you can even sit down in it! Many others I know who have done pep and resin/bondo builds have a fear of sitting down by accident and breaking their butt plate haha. I'm very happy to see the outcome of your project...but can't help but wonder how interesting it would be if you cosplayed in this without painting it black haha. Keep up the good work.

thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely give it a shot :]
Don't be so hard on yourself, as far as I know you're the first to make a foam unfold of the ODST helmet. This is a great starting point and will probably help a lot of people in the future :D You're a pioneer dude! lol
Hehe, it's okay. Tks,man. I unfolded six helmet for foam too, but i think it's far worse than the guy i read in this 4r. I don't remember his name but his noble six foam helmet is awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

This is an awesome foam build. While you are cosplaying, I bet it is very comfortable and light to walk around in, and you can even sit down in it! Many others I know who have done pep and resin/bondo builds have a fear of sitting down by accident and breaking their butt plate haha. I'm very happy to see the outcome of your project...but can't help but wonder how interesting it would be if you cosplayed in this without painting it black haha. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for the advise, next time i'll not paint and go to the cosplay fes. i can't imagine how shock i'll be lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back