Halogoddess's Hayabusa Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
HaloGoddess said:
I do plan on going to a convention, but Dragon Con is out of the question since I can't afford to travel. Basically, if it's more than 2 hours away from me, I can't go. :( And since I live in michigan, there is crap for conventions around here. There is only one, big decent convention that happens once a year and I plan on going again. It will be my SECOND time I have ever been to a convention! :p

what?!?... Michigan has conventions? what one? I am very interested, I have never been to one :p

that sword looks great, its going to make your armor look even more badass!!! :cool

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey 405th!!

Wait for it...............

I LOVE RONDO! LOL

I could not believe how much stuff I was able to get taken care of! It's so much better than fiberglass! All I gotta say is thank you Ben Streeper for your awesome vid tutorials! :D

Okay, on to business. :p

I got a lot of stuff done today and am feeling good about making the deadline for my armor. Here is the list of stuff I rondo'd:

2 bicep pieces

2 handplates

2 toe pieces for the shoe

3 pieces for the hayabusa shoulders

ot2eiv.jpg

I don't have the bicep pieces in this picture since I had done them earlier and brought them in the house already. :)

I also resined my belt already too, but that isn't pictured either. I think I will be putting another layer of resin on it so that it holds its shape better when I apply the rondo to it. I don't need that thing warping on me. :p

hey halogoddess, got a quick question about rondo. sense you are using it on your armour, when rondo dries... dose ti dry like a plastic ? or would it be more brittle ? i am thinking of using fiberglass to reinforce my right bicep just so its even with the left one, but after that i want to switch over to rondo because it looks 100 times easier and 100 times faster.

O.T.

Outlaw-Tiger said:
hey halogoddess, got a quick question about rondo. sense you are using it on your armour, when rondo dries... dose ti dry like a plastic ? or would it be more brittle ? i am thinking of using fiberglass to reinforce my right bicep just so its even with the left one, but after that i want to switch over to rondo because it looks 100 times easier and 100 times faster.

O.T.

It does seem to dry like a plastic. There also seems to be a little bit of flex to it, so if you want it more sturdy, you can add in pieces of fiberglass to it to help give it a little more reinforcement. I plan on adding in some fiberglass pieces to a few areas on all my armor pieces. Honestly, I like it! It works good enough for what I want it for and it really does seem easier than fiberglassing. If I was more educated on this method before, I probably could have had my ODST DARE armor completely finished for the release. :(

About the Rondo (aka: Mud)... I've not used it yet, though I intend to try it for smoothing out my helmet, but to make sure it's what you want for your strengthening, you may consider applying a good generous coat to a peice of scrap cardstock, letting it set, then giving it a bend to check for brittleness, flexibility, and rebound (as in, does it return to it's shape, or does it stay bent). If you find it cracks too easily, or whatever, you may want to put at least a single layer of glass under it, and use the rondo for cosmetic stuff... I know, I'm a stick in the mud... get it? Mud? HA!!! I kill myself. :p

HaloGoddess said:
It does seem to dry like a plastic. There also seems to be a little bit of flex to it, so if you want it more sturdy, you can add in pieces of fiberglass to it to help give it a little more reinforcement. I plan on adding in some fiberglass pieces to a few areas on all my armor pieces. Honestly, I like it! It works good enough for what I want it for and it really does seem easier than fiberglassing. If I was more educated on this method before, I probably could have had my ODST DARE armor completely finished for the release. :(

awww, $#!Tty deal with the not having ti done in time. and thanks for the info :), now i know for sure i want to look into using rondo. you using the 1 to 1 ratio or the main bulk bondo, and a bit of resin ? but you could always wear your busa suit to the reach release ? haha i'm thinking of wearing my Mk VI to the release around here if i get it done in time :)

Bondo/rondo without reinforcements will flex and crack. I highly recommend slushing a little more rondo and mudglassing your parts unless you want the rondo cracking. It would be a total FML if you were to do all that work and then have it go sideways on you!

Brandon McClain said:
Bondo/rondo without reinforcements will flex and crack. I highly recommend slushing a little more rondo and mudglassing your parts unless you want the rondo cracking. It would be a total FML if you were to do all that work and then have it go sideways on you!

Excactly what I was thinking... But to be honest, I'm not sure what an FML is, so I can't honestly say that I totally agree with you. :p

Quartermain3000 said:
Excactly what I was thinking... But to be honest, I'm not sure what an FML is, so I can't honestly say that I totally agree with you. :p

a FML is a moment at which pont you say "F*** My Life"

sdhoigt said:
a FML is a moment at which pont you say "F*** My Life"

Ah... Fabulous... Thanks.

I'd consider that reaction a little on the melo dramatic side, wouldn't you? I mean, honestly... That's where we get Emo from and stuff like that.

Just don't start cuttin' on yourself if your armor cracks, HGoddess! It's not worth it!

:p

hmmm, slush glassing eh ? i will need to look into this further... but we are kinda hijacking halogoddess's thread here, so let us all bring things back to her topic at hand :)

Good point...

Great job HGoddess. It's lookin fantastic. I'm totally stoked for you to get it done... Really though. It's comming along nicely; you're makin some good progress.

Edit: embarrassing typo.

So many ideas to try, alas, sadness consumes me. How do you get your pep that clean? @_@ my ODST shins will not sit straight I've pepped THREE so far!!!! Sigh. time to break out the popsicle sticks and super glue... I only use elmers glue though but in very very thin ammounts I honestly don't know how you do that so clean or maybe I'm just too nitpicky about my work. Anyways this looks amazing and I can't wait to see it done I'll come check on it again if I see it ^^ Any chance you could post some close ups of the folds and tabs I just want to see if I just suck that bad :pAgain this looks really good

for your sword scabbard:

When you find the attachment piece you are looking for, take a piece of black foamies, wrap it around the scabbard where you intend to attach, and tape it together with electrical tape. This will not only protect your scabbard from scratches, it will help hold it in place when you clamp the attachment around it. Hope that helps.

McPrimus said:
for your sword scabbard:

When you find the attachment piece you are looking for, take a piece of black foamies, wrap it around the scabbard where you intend to attach, and tape it together with electrical tape. This will not only protect your scabbard from scratches, it will help hold it in place when you clamp the attachment around it. Hope that helps.

I like the foamies idea. I was thinking of doing something similar to avoid having scratches, but I think the foamies idea will work good. I actually have some black foamies too because I bought it for the detail under the visor on my MK VI helmet. :p

Another small update from the Goddess. :p

I try to do whatever I can when it's even the slightest warm outside. We are expecting a lot of rain this week so I don't think I will be able to do much more. :( But I think I am making good progress! :D

Anyway, here we go.....

Rondo'd the belt. It was a pain in the arse! I could only do half at a time since there is a chance that I would have had a VERY big mess, but doing it in sections worked out fine. :) I even added in some fiberglass to some of the more weaker areas, so the big glob looking thing you see in the "pocket" area of the belt is where I plastered some fiberglass. :p

1zxpht0.jpg

I also sprayed some primer to a few of my pieces that were already rondo'd from before.

30hoeub.jpg

And last night I put printed out the pieces that will become a template so that I can paint my H3 emblem on my armor. :D

1z21szo.jpg

It will be placed on the 3rd shoulder panel on my right arm..........just like in the game. :p

Condor said:
what?!?... Michigan has conventions? what one? I am very interested, I have never been to one :p

that sword looks great, its going to make your armor look even more badass!!! :cool

COOL hey does new york have a good convention like those????

Quartermain3000 said:
Cool... You freehand that, or did you print it from somwhere?

I googled the H3 emblem generator thing and then saved the individual picture of each shape then loaded up illustrator, imported the images and used the line tool to make an outline of the shapes, sized it to where I needed it, and printed it out on cardstock. :p

HaloGoddess said:
I googled the H3 emblem generator thing and then saved the individual picture of each shape then loaded up illustrator, imported the images and used the line tool to make an outline of the shapes, sized it to where I needed it, and printed it out on cardstock. :p

Wow... that sounds like a lot of work. I probably would have given up about half way through... but I'm a procrastinator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back