Another Reach Mark V Torso

Status
Not open for further replies.
L3X, i'm sorry i have to do this....but,

OMG ITS BEAUTIFUL, V4 FOAM IS AMAZING DUDE! STUNNING! EXEMPLARY! OMGGGGG I MADE IT! Its half detailed...this is a test paint of it:
IMAG0477.jpg

L3X, i'm sorry i have to do this....but,

OMG ITS BEAUTIFUL, V4 FOAM IS AMAZING DUDE! STUNNING! EXEMPLARY! OMGGGGG I MADE IT! Its half detailed...this is a test paint of it:
IMAG0477.jpg

Very nice dude!!! How long did that bad boy take to assemble? Maybe I'll just do a foam torso instead of waiting for a pep version. Did you even have to separate it or is it one piece and you squeeze in to it??

Arggggg! I just spent two days pepping a different model until I saw this thread. Ahh well. I am willing to restart to have a torso look this good!

Arggggg! I just spent two days pepping a different model until I saw this thread. Ahh well. I am willing to restart to have a torso look this good!
I know what ya mean, Peped version three last month, with less then 20 days till my con I just started this foam one.

Okay, I've been working on it for the last few days, and I finally got v4 unfolded for pep. It is scaled at the same height as L3X's foam template unfold. I actually unfolded the components separately in PD2, that way you could print off the different areas of the model, without having to sort through the entire thing to find what you are looking for. I compressed it as .rar file, hoping that it worked, so if anyone has any issues with downloading or opening, let me know and I'll upload it differently.

http://www.4shared.com/file/sdZkA0C8/Halo_Reach_Male_Torso_V4_by_L3.html

I'm pretty sure that I got everyone credited in the unfold: Ruze789 for the backplates, carpathiavh99 for the armor ability pack, and of course L3X for the remainder. Thank you guys for the hard work in making this great model!!

-Matt

hey guys, I was thinking... would you be interested in something along these lines???
pieces.png

Build it like a big puzzle?
Of course ill still have the collar in there for foam, and the arm fillers. plus a few struts for the back piece.

hey guys, I was thinking... would you be interested in something along these lines???
pieces.png

Of course ill still have the collar in there for foam, and the arm fillers. plus a few struts for the back piece.

Oh my god YES!!!!

Sectioned armor is in my opinion the best way to build pieces like this.

I hope you release it!

hhmmmm maybe. Why so many sections though if you dont mind me asking? I'd say yeah if it was just like a front, back, and 2 under arm pieces that were separated. if you did it this way would there be another model with everything one piece with strut supports?

i would definatley like this. could add the spine piece to one of them or put in a link to it. i've been searching for it but can't find it useing the search bar or well anything.

i would definatley like this. could add the spine piece to one of them or put in a link to it. i've been searching for it but can't find it useing the search bar or well anything.

Which spine pieces? The big piece like the one Brandon McClain molded in his thread? or the little pieces? MKShane unfolded the whole thing including those little pieces in his post on the previous page, and all the pieces are separated into different pep files. (thanks MKShane btw :D )

I also like sectioned, it makes it easy to build each part and then attach them later. However I personally can do that with or without the pep being built for it. It also makes it easier to scale with a normal pep.

I like that sectioned one, no chance of warping!

I have one question though.......

Is it scaled exactly the same so i can use the other one, scale it, and transfer the scale to that one, because its exploded and i wont know what scale to make it.

Which spine pieces? The big piece like the one Brandon McClain molded in his thread? or the little pieces? MKShane unfolded the whole thing including those little pieces in his post on the previous page, and all the pieces are separated into different pep files. (thanks MKShane btw :D )

thank you so much. i have no idea how i missed that.

pieces.png

I would definitely be interested in this!! It's funny, because I've started doing this exact thing to the MK VI torso to make building it easier. Great minds do think alike!

Even better, Hugh Holder already did it for his ODST chest core and helmet(and another part or two, I don't remember now). It certainly keeps it from warping much, but the very edge can be a bit finicky.

If you do decide to release the file, make sure to put it all together. That way we won't have to get confused in scaling to fit us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back