PipBoy 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imoreen

I'm wondering any information about pepakura pip boy, I was searching the internet, older posts but can't find any working one so my question is if anyone working on it? Anyways if even anyone has .pdo file be so kind and please send it here.

Sorry, no info on a pep.

There is a guy on the rpf forum that sells casts. May have to wait a few months to get in on his next run. I was able to get one of his casts last fall. I plan to follow the rough guide in this video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone posted this very same question yesterday. Ill summarize what they said. Fallout stuff is not vastly popular here, it dose exist in small amounts.

There are files of it out there that are still folded. If you post the link the file here, ill bet someone would unfold it for you. There is a plastic over you could buy and add in a screen or you could scratch build one yourself. Those are your best options.

Well actually unfolding isn't tha main problem, problem is with the 3d model because that model what i've got there are lots of red lines so the model can't be in fact assembled... If anyone will complete the 3d model I don't think the unfolding makes problem to me

So here are files what i've got:
This one I find somewhere on the internet, it's quite bad unfolded but the problem actually is with the 3d model because the red lines...
http://www.mediafire.com/?w1od5rw9o72q4xr
And this is .obj file what I found here, I would try to unfold it but problem is again the red lines and I don't even know in what 3d editor I should try to edit it...
http://www.mediafire.com/?5tc7oe93skuma8r

If anyone help I would be very grateful

I bought this kit from an awesome guy on RPF.

103_0011.jpg

Ithica

Ithica, that is an awesome Pipboy.
Huge fan of FO3 and would love one of these one day.
Lets hope some awesome HD peps become available soon.

PS. Ithica, you're videos are helping me to make my first project so thankyou :D

Yeah, the kit is reallly awesome, but I don't think there are many ways how can I get it because I'm not even from States

Hi Imoreen,

I do believe there is a pep of the Pipboy 3000 floating around. You are right in that its bloody hard to find tho. Now... have you searched the forum yet? ;)

I did find it on here but i dont have a good feeling that it can be found... (searching now myself)

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/14887-10mm-Pistol?highlight=pipboy

There we go. Now let this be a lesson about searching :D

Now all that is out of the way ive printed it off but havent started on it yet. Ive heard (from the thread) that its difficult as there are lot of little bits. I cant wait to see more.

Cheers.

(ps. if the file link is invalid let me know.)

Well actually this is the same file that I posted above... I started to build it about 3 days ago but it's quite hard and lot of part doesn't exact match. I post photo later if you're interested ;)

Well actually this is the same file that I posted above... I started to build it about 3 days ago but it's quite hard and lot of part doesn't exact match. I post photo later if you're interested ;)

Heh, fair enough. Well thats the only file i have seen around these parts so all i can say is good luck! hehhe

And i would totally want to see your progress with it.

So here it is...
DSC00933.jpg

More here: PipBoy 3K ... hope the link will works
About the Pipboy, it's not finished yet and I don't think It's well build I think it can be better but I plan to use a lot of body filler on it and then sand details...

I will be glad for any of comments

Hey, I was wondering if the screen opening is about the right size for an ipod touch.

Thx

So the screen size is about 9,4 cm x 6,7 cm

Well and here are some new pics, someone would kill me for what i did but I had a great idea made the PipBoy assemble, so I cut it to the parts and result isn't that bad but needs a lot of work....

DSC02195.jpg

More can be found HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back