Cortana Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeganMassacreNJ

Hello everyone! ^___^
I really would like a Cortana costume, any ideas on how to make it?
If anyone is willing to make me one, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! :3

I've actually talked to her on Facebook about the Cortana cosplay, and if she was making them. She isn't as of right now, but who knows, I might buy one from her.

You probably won't be able to buy one from her. Hyokenseisou doesn't make the same costume twice, as a personal and professional rule.

Probably start with getting a blue bodysuit and then either sew or paint on all the crazy designs and details. Not sure which would be easier, honestly, as they both have their pros and cons.

There are quite a few Cortana builds around here that you can draw ideas from. Use the search bar, or just google "cortana 405th"

Hmm, surprising. Well, good luck either way.

Also, for the future, threads that start off as "I'm going to build..." with no sort of pictures or any progress are typically discouraged. You're new, so no big deal. Just take some time to browse through the forums, read every sticky you thing is relevant to you, read all the stickies that deal with rules and codes of conduct. Basically, familiarize yourself with the forums thoroughly. That way you can become a productive member of our little community.

Hmm, surprising. Well, good luck either way.

Also, for the future, threads that start off as "I'm going to build..." with no sort of pictures or any progress are typically discouraged. You're new, so no big deal. Just take some time to browse through the forums, read every sticky you thing is relevant to you, read all the stickies that deal with rules and codes of conduct. Basically, familiarize yourself with the forums thoroughly. That way you can become a productive member of our little community.

So your new no big deal.....Gee way to welcome someone into the community.

Originally Posted by MeganMassacreNJ

Well, from what she told me if her commission for full costume opens up, she told me she'll do it for me. o:
I say go for it. Commisions are totally acceptable in Cons and for cosplay. Mods on this site won't be particilary happy but as long as it isn't halo go for it.

Well, good luck there, there are quite a few Cortana costumes, and I believe one of my friends in my profile has made one already. There are all different variations you could make, but I would stay start by buying somthing like this:
gmf_lightblue-350x350.jpg

Blue Body Suit

...And maybe use a purple/blue wig to hide your neckline so you can't see where the suit starts/stops.
8xWxVpGXXYO-RAtxC7whozJ8uMq5H2l5N3wW5670K52PramGVLJHewKD-vwDxnRTVZNK0JZwPd5lZL3COr7scjaQgvNH16biCZBMG1Na8MXb2TICEd-XWR8lS0yB9FO9_VLEze66-Ry0O8T_XLBVGO0uTq6YZAkUMfK-IZhLdomvW_n1RCnbBw=s220-c

poof!hair.

This is just a suggestion, make it your own, and post some pics!

Aaaaaaand if you need some help, I'll do my best! But don't forget to do your lurking!

Xavior...
whywouldyoudothat.jpg

My advice is if you're going to go the body suit route, first off get one without a head. They're out there, secondly, the picture is almost always lighter than the actual suit, I had that problem with mine and I ended up having to paint the entire suit instead of just the pattern. And if whoever you buy it from will do it, have them alter it to fit you, I ended up altering mine by hand which is doable, but slows things down a lot.
My Cortana thread shows step by step how I did everything on mine. If you have any questions I'd be happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back