First Foam Armor Warhammer 40K

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatherDamien CO

I'm new here. So, first off hello everyone.

After much reading and looking around I started my first foam build.

Here are some pics please let me know what you think of it so far.

1206122150.jpg

1206122149.jpg

1203122336.jpg

Thankyou for looking.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!! I have played this game both the real table-top-and-dice game and the video game. It was cool. I really liked the armor in both!! I can't wait to see more progress on this suit!

That's looking sweet! Love space marine armour. Are you building to suit normal human size or going for one of oversized builds that you sometimes see?
I'm already subscribed to this Becuase I'm sure it's going to be awesome!

Looking nice man. I also played the table top and video game so love 40K costume builds.

Keep up the great work and looking forward to seeing this one finished :)
Tom.

That's looking sweet! Love space marine armour. Are you building to suit normal human size or going for one of oversized builds that you sometimes see?
I'm already subscribed to this Becuase I'm sure it's going to be awesome!

I played Space Hulk on the 3DO. And space Marine on the X Box 360. Building this suit to normal human size since its the first thing I've ever built out of foam. Figured I'd learn how to make cuts and angles bends etc.......I really want to build an Iron Man suit and then the Hulkbuster exo for it........but, I have a ton to learn first. I know this suit is a little off. But, I went into this builds knowing I'd mess things up. As long as I learn from my mistakes I'm ok with it not being perfect.

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Oooooooo! I used to be super into 40k, and I gotta say I love this! Now that I think of it, it'd be awesome if I did an Eldar build. One thing at a time, Decibel...

Star Wars was the first for me. That led into my fascination for Sci Fi armor with the Stormtroopers. However, in a strong second place is the Space Marines from 40k. I still have a few miniatures floating around somewhere from back in the day when they were Citadel miniatures. Awesome looking build so far! I cant wait to see more!

Oooooooo! I used to be super into 40k, and I gotta say I love this! Now that I think of it, it'd be awesome if I did an Eldar build. One thing at a time, Decibel...

Crap! I was going to try for an Ironman build after my Reach build but you have corrupted my plans! I MUST have an Eldar suit!!

Got some more progress on the armor and finished building the back pack and its ready to seal and paint.

1213122343_zps9abd705a.jpg

1213122248a_zps0d006587.jpg

1213122345b_zps698648cc.jpg

1213122345_zpsbb33eac2.jpg

Now to figure out arms legs and the cod.

You say this suits looking off? I'd say its looking perfect, for a first build I'd be really chuffed with that! And even at normal human size it's gonna look epic!

Hopefully one day you'll get round to the ironman suit but don't rush. I tried
Doing two builds at once and though its a nice relief to do something different you tend to forget about the other build sometimes :p

You say this suits looking off? I'd say its looking perfect, for a first build I'd be really chuffed with that! And even at normal human size it's gonna look epic!

Hopefully one day you'll get round to the ironman suit but don't rush. I tried
Doing two builds at once and though its a nice relief to do something different you tend to forget about the other build sometimes :p

Thankyou. Overall I'm very happy with the build so far.

Its not too far off but there are little things here and there. The shoulders on the chest plate should be round and come up into the neck ring more than they do. The neck ring is a little off center and the two layers were cut the same length while flat but once I rounded them the outer became to short......early cuts are jagged later cuts are smoother and the band saw cuts are way better than my free hand cuts......its all a learning curve.

Lucky for me 90% of this can be hidden with battle damage and the shoulder bells which are huge.

I'll 100% finish this suit before I even start the Iron Man suit. And with the Iron Man suit I need to figure out which suit would be best to build that will fit inside my future Hulkbuster exo suit.

Thanks again for looking.

Wow, great progress man! I've never really even heard of 40K until I got into costuming... But they are pretty darn cool looking! Good luck, and great job so far!

Added some details to the chest and started shoulder bells. Sorry no photos of the shoulders yet.....they are a pain in foam.

1226122105_zps1be15527.jpg

1226122105a_zpsf00e5745.jpg

Anyone else have a room that looks like this in there house?

1226122112_zps7388bfc8.jpg

1226122114a_zps184bafcd.jpg

Looking awesome man! I'll be building mine shortly. Built up my helmet first. Not done resin and fiber yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back