ODST foam file help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gledar

Hey guys! I'm trying to get an ODST suit together for the Halo 5 launch (just chanced upon a perfect helmet on the RPF, so it has kinda jumpstarted my build plans), and I've run into a bit of a roadblock. I'd like to construct the armor out of foam, but I cant seem to find any templates for Foam ODST armor anywhere. I've tried freehanding it, but I cant seem to get any of the shapes right so far. I've also checked the file archive, but all those files are pep files, but i'm not sure how to convert them to foam temps. Can anyone help me out?

if I was you I would go and watch the videos by DFT on youtube.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are the files by Hugh Holder that i edited to suit my needs. To make pep files usable for foam you basically just trim away most of the edge-work and combine as many gradually sloping faces as possible. These still require minor tweaks along the way, small additions or subtractions to get faces to sit well relative to one-another, or to look right on your body. A few of these smaller parts may not be converted because i became impatient and eye-balling it was easier, lol.

Hope this helps though! DFT's tutorials are great too, depending on how new you are to this. You may want to start there if you aren't already quite comfortable with foam since the shins and forearms in particular were difficult to assemble with these files.

Attachments

• ODST Templates for Foam.zip
    903.1 KB · Views: 333
i used DFT tutorial, my next suit will be PEP. but i found his really easy and a nice introduction to armor and prop building

Firstly, thanks for pointing me towards DTF's videos. They've really helped point me in the right directions.

Secondly, update time! I've only just started making all the patterns for everything (chest, back, straps etc.) but i did manage to start the chest piece. I made the base out of foam, and then wrapped it in worbla since my work/cuts were a bit sloppy. Now to sand it until the end of time... I'm also 3d printing a halo 4 Battle Rifle and a Socom from files i got off of thingiverse. I'll be updating this as things come together.

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 4.54.15 PM.png

one question;

where i can find the halo reach armor in foam files???
i know are here, but i can´t find anyone TnT someone can help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back