First build Halo CE Mk V

Status
Not open for further replies.

disturbed1117

I haven't seen many Mk V armor sets at the cons I've been to. So I thought I'd do one. I want to be a little lazy and have someone 3D print the pieces for me. I found the .obj files but I need to know what unit of measurement to use? inches? Centimeters? Millimeters?

even though i agree a MK V armor would be cool 3d printing a full armor is really expessive and the armor will be really heavy. might i ask where you got the files though i have seem some files online that are sorta advertised as 3d printable but are really not and are actually converted pepekura files. with measurement whatever you want to use i always use cm though

Yeah I got a couple of quotes, $3k just for the damned helmet lol. Ridiculous. I'm just unsure about what method to use? What's the highest quality materials? Foam? Fiberglass? I can't seem to find any good tutorials here. I found the files under file archive. What is pepekura?

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm not confident in my abilities to actually make a good looking set of armor either. I'm not exactly what you might call crafty lol.

3k for a helmet.......ok that normally its between 100 300 for a helmet. but unless you own a printer or have some serious cash printing a armor is not the way to go. but quality wise pepekura (with fiberglass resin) and foam are a matter of opinion. as a starter with no expierience with foam i would go for pepekura there are enough pepekura tuts on this site and youtube.

- - - Updated - - -

also lots of files for it almost every armor you could want to make

I was going through shapeways.com guess that was a bad move lol. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

you went to a 3d print site..... there are a lot of people on this site who take commisons and could make you a helmet without ripping you off i would offer but im gona quit taking commisions for a while. and armor wise indd try pepekura. just ask people on this site for help when you cant figure it out lots of people here are more then willing to help you out.

You found some obj. files?! Where? I've been looking for some 3d printable Reach Spartan Mk V Files for a while now!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, to your above post, are you sure the obj files you found weren't pepakura files instead?

You found some obj. files?! Where? I've been looking for some 3d printable Reach Spartan Mk V Files for a while now!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, to your above post, are you sure the obj files you found weren't pepakura files instead?

I don't know the difference to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll probably get the helmet 3D printed by someone on here than. Any recommendations?

wait the game assets? you cant print game assets without a lot of work. besides the fact that they have no walls to print they lack detail due to the fact those are added with textures and bumpmaps to keep it low poly so the game will run smoothly. then there is a fact thaose are a bitch to make printable because they have allready been exported multiple times.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH XD Well ****.

- - - Updated - - -

-facepalm-

i didnt mean it in a bad way btw but i have done work in game art/design and now model things for printing its a big diffrence. For example i model the same gun for a game and 3d printing the game version will be 1500 polys while the print version will be 15000 (not exactly correct but you get the idea. also if you print something you want to wear it needs walls to print while game objects are only 1 layer

this is how the games model looks vs mine witch was designed to be printed
ex.jpg

and this is the inside as you can see only 1 layer no walls to print just a shell
ex 2.jpg

disturbed1117

there arent really any free MK V helmet models and the complete suit i highly doubt anyone would give it away for free. do you still want the whole suit printed?

to be honest i cant say im not taking commisions anymore for a while and i dont know what other charge you could ask people who printed their armor on this page or ask dutch props on facebook

You can expect 1-3k just for printing. Not talking about the price of the model, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back