3d Files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlacRoseImmortal said:
.....Are you asking about where to download the Pepakura Files from?

I'm just gonna say it now wo I dont have to post again. The question you just asked did not need it's own thread. This is somethign you:

A ) Find on your own by reading through the stickies.

or

B ) Contacting one of the members of the Q&A Team.
*facepalm*
I think he's talking about making 3D Models of a piece, before converting it into pep.

Last edited by a moderator:
BlacRoseImmortal said:
*facepalm*

What's that mean? You should be happy I'm going to ignore the remark about this thread not being needed. No, I'm not talking about the pep files. :cautious: I'm talking about the original model files people can seem to get that are not cut up or tampered with, and as far as I know this Q cant be found in a sticky.

Then my appologies, I couldnt tell which you were asking for. I'm truly sorry.

For the actual 3D models, you probably have to ask the modeler. I dont think they can be found for downloading anywhere.... Which models were you looking for?

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Then my appologies, I couldnt tell which you were asking for. I'm sorry.

For the actual 3D models, you probably have to ask the modeler. I dont think they can me found for downloading anywhere.... Which models were you looking for?

I've emailed Blizzard and asked VERY politely about their Arthas files, but they said no. Here's the email I got from them, maybe you can tell me why they wont:

Hello (Name Withheld)!

We appreciate your interest in our World of Warcraft art. For legal and competitive reasons, we’re not able to provide any 3D model files. However, you can find numerous screenshots and concept art pieces of Arthas and other Death Knights on our Wrath of the Lich King website http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/index.xml. Thanks again for contacting us!

I've decided to put that project on hold for a while, seeing as I can't get them to view things my way. I thought I should try getting the Iron man files.

OOOOHHH! You were lookinig for the REAL thing. Wow, ballsy lol. They wont release that information to anyone i bet.

I dont know how to explain it but... your never gettin those files directly from Blizzard :/

I thought you were talkin bout the models of the Spartan armor that were modeled by some of the members here.... my bad.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
OOOOHHH! You were lookinig for the REAL thing. Wow, ballsy lol. They wont release that information to anyone i bet.

I dont know how to explain it but... your never gettin those files directly from Blizzard :/

I thought you were talkin bout the models of the Spartan armor that were modeled by some of the members here.... my bad.

Kinda figured that. So all the files here were modeled from scratch?

Yuppers. And if you want those files youhave to go to the pep file wiki and look up the modeler... then you have to send them a PM if you want to use their models... though I highly doubt anyone will hand those over. But, it's worth a try :]

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Yuppers. And if you want those files youhave to go to the pep file wiki and look up the modeler... then you have to send them a PM if you want to use their models... though I highly doubt anyone will hand those over. But, it's worth a try :]

I want the Iron man files. Isn't there some way to extract that from the game?

I'm sorry, I wouldn't know. Try PMing one of the Q&A members that specialize in Modeling, they might be able to help you.

Additionally, if you have a goodly amount of skill (which I lack, unfortunately), you can make your own models using a reference image.

wow, i didnt think you would go directly to the source, but they consider that illegal, so you arent gonna get anything from them anytime soon.

its like asking bungie for recon so you can make machinima, they won't give you anything no matter what purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back