3D Modelling- Which Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellJumpa

Evening Troops,

After reading the 'Art of the mass Effect Universe' I became 'enthralled' to create some of my own armour, suitable for Airsoft- coming soon!

Because a rather large part of my brain is completely non-conformist, i have decided to create my very own unique set of armour, so obviously there are no versions out of it yet for me to copy, because they are still in my head.:cool

The Armour will consist of a full foam body and a classic 405th style helmet (BONDO, resin, you get the jist). i have drawn out a very rough outline of what this will look like on paper- but I'm not sure which 3D software to use to transfer my helmet into pep. i've tried sketchup and I think it looks way too jagged. Which programme do you expreienced Infantrymen reccomend for modelling software in which I will draw my helmet?

I look forward to hearing your facinating and invaluable answers!;)

i think most people on here use "Blender". it's free and does the trick quite nicely... i'm trying to learn it myself right now, but so far, no models yet...

Evening Troops,

* ...suitable for Airsoft *

* The Armour will consist of a full foam body and a classic 405th style helmet (BONDO, resin, you get the jist).*

ouch...! i wouldn't use the helmet for airsoft. the pellets would probably just go right through it, unless you revolutionize what the helmet is made from, it's just not worth the risk. maybe a thick plastic cast helmet would hold up to that kind of treatment but not the fiberglass... as for the foam, i would try firing a few rounds at a sheet first, just to see how it holds up... i would hate to see someone go to all the effort of building a suit (especially a custom) and see it get all torn up 5 minutes into an airsoft game...

Oh boy... Here we go again...

Oh-Boy-here-we-go-again.jpg

Insidedamage2.jpg

Further testing may be required.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think most people on here use "Blender". it's free and does the trick quite nicely... i'm trying to learn it myself right now, but so far, no models yet...

ouch...! i wouldn't use the helmet for airsoft. the pellets would probably just go right through it, unless you revolutionize what the helmet is made from, it's just not worth the risk. maybe a thick plastic cast helmet would hold up to that kind of treatment but not the fiberglass... as for the foam, i would try firing a few rounds at a sheet first, just to see how it holds up... i would hate to see someone go to all the effort of building a suit (especially a custom) and see it get all torn up 5 minutes into an airsoft game...

I live in England, so the FPS laws are very different, and I plan to make a mould and use resin or a hard plastic after I've made the classic 405th helmet. Also, I have found a full face airsoft mask which I intend to mould using a heat gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back